Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perfect one....last night about 10:30pm I put my bins out...then at 12:30am this morning...I'M PICKING UP MY GRASS CLIPPINGS AND GARBAGE BECAUSE SOME TARD LOST CONTROL OF THERE CAR AND RAN MY BINS OVER....seriously WTF...take out my two bins miss next doors and then hit the next then plow into a tree...lucky there were cops on scene other wise I would have gone to town on him...tell me P platers can drive a V8...what a crock of shit...all P platers...regardless of which state they live in should be kept to driving N/A 4 cylinders...period no excuses.
    I don't know how many tards i've seen with P Plates in an 8...why because they want power...Power and no experience = bad for all involved....

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Believe you me Melbourne drivers are saints in comparison to two thirds the drivers on our roads, rented a car when we were over earlier in the year and found you guys drive really well, you don’t have the congestion we have here either. Heading south of Werribee past Geelong and towards the coast I found driving got a bit more cow boy.

Most courteous and law obeying place I have driven was in Brisbane, everyone drives slow, I was passing everyone at 110 in a Ford Fiesta.

Haven’t driven anywhere else in Australia to comment.

We are all saints in comparison to Thailand, anyone driven there??
    Megane RS 250 Trophee
    Megane RS F1.R

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Portugal and Spain...the worst for driving I think...if you want to really hone your skills go drive over there for 3 months...you'll never complain about aussies driving again lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Vectracious Click here to enlarge
    Thanks AH08.

Jay/Ain/etc I didn't say that Vic had these laws recently - if you read my post I said in the 80's this was the case. They scrapped it after, and now have brought it back again.

Also, the assertion by some people that P-platers are "experienced" road users is laughable. P platers are NOT experienced in ANY way. It was too easy for me to get my licence. It was too easy for my little sister to get her licence 5 years later, and I reckon its still too easy to get a licence. Some questions, a crappy simulation and a nice little drive around the streets around your local VicRoads? Oh, I forgot the log book you can falsify for your 120 hours. Click here to enlarge I've seen plenty of P-platers on the road who dont even look like they've 20 hours of real driving, let alone 120.

I still remember being on my P's - I also remember almost writing myself off at least twice in that time. I put it down to inexperience and too much self confidence in my ability. I haven't had something like that happen to me for years now - and as a lot of Vic members can verify - I don't drive like a Grandpa. Experience is the key.

And before everyone starts going on about how full licenced drivers do bad things and pulling stats out of their arse on who does what more etc - read my post again - I'm talking about experience - which you can only get from time behind the wheel. And experience leads to maturity (in most cases) on the road.

I now wait for the inevitable "I drove my paddock bomb around the farm since I was 6 months old" bullshit line. Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
    @ 80s, no problems mate, i wasnt suggesting you were wrong, i was just thinking i was told the wrong thing and i was lucky i didnt get caught.

i wasnt saying p platers are fully fledged drivers, i was just saying theyd have more experience than an L plater, and more competent.

when you think of the possible bad situations a slightly experienced driver can get themselves into, yes P plates are too easy to get, to the point of scary.
    the simulation thing is BS if you ask me, if ALL drivers were to sit that test i bet even some of the most experienced drivers would fail it.

i was lucky when i had my Ls i had a decent paying job and would have instructor lessons 4 or 5 times a week, most were 1hr lessons, but alot of them were 2hr lessons. i wanted to make sure id pass. about half my hours were done with an instructor. but that simulation test was pathetic, i had one question where i was in a car travelling 60km, on a slightly declining road, i had to push the button when i thought the brakes should start being applied.
    how the hell are you supposed to know when you cant feel the touchiness of the pedal, cant control how hard/soft the pedal is pushed, etc etc, so i pushed the button a little early, and failed that question.

when i got my ps it wasnt 120hrs, it was 50hrs. id drive to my mates every weekend and if the trip was 55mins, id just class it as an hour.

i didnt have a bush basher, or a paddock of my own, but does a bmx and the local bush count? Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    My mums friend got car written off last night by a p plater in a commodore uninsured he was and left to go back to nz today! We should be like the states where its illegal to drive uninsured.

I think they need a law to go with only driving 4/na cars is that the car has to be ur birth year or older... Or everyone has to do an iq test and due to your score your allowed so much power. P platers also should have only fwd cars

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by gmonkey Click here to enlarge
    My mums friend got car written off last night by a p plater in a commodore uninsured he was and left to go back to nz today! We should be like the states where its illegal to drive uninsured.

I think they need a law to go with only driving 4/na cars is that the car has to be ur birth year or older... Or everyone has to do an iq test and due to your score your allowed so much power. P platers also should have only fwd cars
    Yer this many be true, but it wouldnt matter what car they're driving. Because we all know its not the car its the driver.
    Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think P platers should be restricted via kW/tonne. Only measurement that makes sense really. Increase the limit if their car has ESP turned on... really, 9/10 (invented statistic) of P plater hoon accidents would be avoided with ESP... Sooner it filters down to affordable second hand cars, the better.

I do think they should be able to drive any car that isn't theirs if they're with the owner though. Reason? To avoid drink driving driving on more then one occasion I've been driven home by a sober p plater. If they weren't to allowed to do this, I'd prefer to drink drive (if borderline on the limit, not legless) rather then risk my car getting confiscated.

Woah... just remembered what the topic is. Yes, melbourne drivers are shocking. -wipes brow, quick save-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    all good to say 4 cyl only etc, but even my 1.8 can reach 200+, as would alot of 4cyls.

the problem isnt just how quickly a car can reach X speed. you can kill just doing 40.
    i think the reason for banning v8s and turbos is because when a youngster gets behind the wheel of one, they feel they need to show that extra power off.
    thing is, if someone wants to act stupid, they will do it regardless of whether they have a v8, turbo,supercharger, and even a 3 cyl mighty boy.
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Farkem....give em pushys...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by gmonkey Click here to enlarge

This is another very disturbing point with P platers - the fact that alot of them out there are driving un-insured cars, obviously because they can't afford it, or simply don't want to pay or bother with it, or are driving/own a car that is un-insurable because of their age or P plater stutus...

Even more hassles to put up with besides the fact that they cause more accidents than any other category on the roads, there's also this...Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Thread Information