Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wraith Click here to enlarge

I'm absolutely sick of the P platers here in Melb. with their crap box old V8 Commodores or old turbo Skylines (which they're not even allowed to drive)
    Not being pedantic, just clarifying, if they got their P's before July last year, they're on the old rules which means a car only can't be driven by a p-plater if it has more than 125kw/tonne AND 3.5L capacity/tonneClick here to enlarge So unless it's an LS2 or 3 which obviously the old crap boxes aren't, then they fall under the 3.5L/tonne, and thus can have as much power as they want.

Oh yeah, and SA drivers are the worst by far...they're NUTS...
    Won the title of worst driving state for the 7th year in a row this year tooClick here to enlarge
    Interesting article on it here
    2007 Liberty STi
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Melbourne Drivers are shocking!

Yeah? Come to Adelaide for a real life-changing driving experience. Just don't:
    Try merging into another lane - Get in behind me buddy!
    Sticking to the speed limit - ANYWHERE!
    Try reverse parking on a reasonably busy thoroughfare - No one will stop and let you reverse into the spot you took ages to find
    Try driving around slowly looking for a particular address or show any signs of not really knowing where you should be going
    Try pulling up at an intersection on an amber light with traffic behind you . . .
    etc., etc., etc.

I haven't had a LOT of experience interstate (i.e. Sydney, Melbourne - trying Brisbane traffic soon) but SA drivers have a reputation of no patience, no kindness towards fellow motorists, and no tolerance.
    Old enough to know better . . . Too old to care!

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by imay Click here to enlarge
    Melbourne Drivers are shocking!

Yeah? Come to Adelaide for a real life-changing driving experience. Just don't:
    Try merging into another lane - Get in behind me buddy!
    Sticking to the speed limit - ANYWHERE!
    Try reverse parking on a reasonably busy thoroughfare - No one will stop and let you reverse into the spot you took ages to find
    Try driving around slowly looking for a particular address or show any signs of not really knowing where you should be going
    Try pulling up at an intersection on an amber light with traffic behind you . . .
    etc., etc., etc.

I haven't had a LOT of experience interstate (i.e. Sydney, Melbourne - trying Brisbane traffic soon) but SA drivers have a reputation of no patience, no kindness towards fellow motorists, and no tolerance.
    it's even worse when you don't have SA plates on the carClick here to enlarge
    2007 Liberty STi
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sooty Click here to enlarge
    it's even worse when you don't have SA plates on the carClick here to enlarge

Yeah, sorry, left that one off the list.

Bloody Victorians clogging up our roads!
    Old enough to know better . . . Too old to care!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a moron in his BMW 135i tailgate me today - I was so annoyed that I slowed right down to about 20km/h. He started shaking his head and decided to overtake. funnily, he was blocked by a hyundai excel!! hahahaClick here to enlarge and I decided to drive right next to the excel until the next intersection...not very nice but he deserved it!
    Last edited by USC; 7th July 2009 at 10:56 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    willing to admit i did a bad driving thing today... kind of intentionally... i didnt allow a bus come out from the bus lane, purely cause it shits me off that they will come out on you when your next to them and then he blocked me from the turning lane so i cut him, got the horn and flash beams... i hate bus drivers why do they assume that cause they have a sign saying give way to me and i put my indicator on for one flash they can come out?? if i had that sign do i get that privledge to? Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sooty Click here to enlarge
    Not being pedantic, just clarifying, if they got their P's before July last year, they're on the old rules which means a car only can't be driven by a p-plater if it has more than 125kw/tonne AND 3.5L capacity/tonneClick here to enlarge So unless it's an LS2 or 3 which obviously the old crap boxes aren't, then they fall under the 3.5L/tonne, and thus can have as much power as they want.

Oh yeah, and SA drivers are the worst by far...they're NUTS...
    Won the title of worst driving state for the 7th year in a row this year tooClick here to enlarge
    Interesting article on it here
    Thanks for the clarification Ain...

Venting my spleen sometimes gets the better of me Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by gmonkey Click here to enlarge
    willing to admit i did a bad driving thing today... kind of intentionally... i didnt allow a bus come out from the bus lane, purely cause it shits me off that they will come out on you when your next to them and then he blocked me from the turning lane so i cut him, got the horn and flash beams... i hate bus drivers why do they assume that cause they have a sign saying give way to me and i put my indicator on for one flash they can come out?? if i had that sign do i get that privledge to? Click here to enlarge
    actually its an interesting fact that when a bus is pulling out from a bus stop with the right indicator on, they have right of way and normal motorists must give way
    it doesn't sound like its what this bus was trying to do though Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    its actually law that you have to give way to them pretty sure...
    Glider aka Toby, 94 Calibra Turbo
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    well i guess if i indicate for long enough and pull across cause some stupid 4wd drive is sitting there and wont move and i hit him itd acctually be his/HER fault cause ive indicated for long enough that she should have moved her crap box out of the way.. god i hate 4wd drivers...

Thread Information