Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +2

i'm sure all of us are guilty at some stage too!
    *BTM* Opel Astra SRi 2.2L

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by glider
    A thread hasn't been recognized on OpelAus forums until BTM has posted in it at least 6 times
    "As a final incentive before giving up on a difficult task, try to imagine it successfully accomplished by someone you violently dislike"

K. Zenios

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the main issue here is that no one would ever claim they do anything wrong

We're all perfect little angels Click here to enlarge

There's so much finger pointing, yet we all know it happens

I'm sick of basically every SS/XR8/XR6 Turbo, thinking they need to prove something by dragging me at the lights out near where I live... but who cares? They're the wankers who think they need to prove something... but how sad is that?

As Steve said, 'bad' drivers are everywhere
    2006 Subaru WRX

OpelAus Post Whore
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by KingOfAstras Click here to enlarge
    What about the Victorian drift... Where 1/4 of their car veers off into another lane then back into their own. It's that consistent!
    thats only our taxi drivers....
    [/SIZE]Current: , 2012 Volvo XC90 3.2
    Ex's: MY13 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI, 2008 Honda CR-V Luxury, MY06 Volvo S40 T5 AWD, MY09 VW Passat R36 Family Truckster MY05 Subaru *sneeze* WRX Click here to enlarge , JSII Vectra CD 2.2, TS Astra CD "Olympic Edition"

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by USC Click here to enlarge
    Every time I drive at speed limit, there is always an idiot that has to speed and overtake me to finally go in front and slow down to speed limit again..WTFClick here to enlarge REALLY pisses me off..its like people are bloody impatient or have to feel like they are better than you by being in front Click here to enlarge

Another example, Im keeping a safe distance behind the car in front and an idiot has to overtake and fit in the gap in front of me!! arrrgggg...

Do you experience the same thing?
    I'd have to agree with most other peoples comments in that bad/wanker drivers exist everywhere !

Maybe some places are worse than others, but unfortunately they exist everywhere...

IMHO from what I've seen/experienced, there's always 2 major aspects or points to at least 90% of them; 1. they're the younger drivers amongst us, usually P platers (surprise, surprise why insurance etc. etc. is so much stricter on them) 2. tools with hi po or hotted up cars - again more so with the younger folk...

I'm absolutely sick of the P platers here in Melb. with their crap box old V8 Commodores or old turbo Skylines (which they're not even allowed to drive) acting like absolute tools endangering others as well as themselves and then there's the same behaviour from P platers in normal cars like Astras, Corollas etc. Gen Yers here flame me if you will, but that's the simple truth of the matter !
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    the guy that lived around the corner from my old place... drives a manual VX SS with a full 3" exhaust...

always drifting around the estate
    doing insane speeds
    skids all the time
    revs his car in his garage (lived behind me)

and drove his taught liner (14 pallet truck) around the area at insane speeds too

....hes in his 40s

not sticking up for the gen Y'ers, nor burning the Baby Boomer/X's

just stating a point

yes the majority are younger drivers... but they are young and dumb and need to learn their own lessons the hard way

theres police to do the enforcing (when they arent hanging out at maccas like fat f$*#ks) and there really isnt much else that we.. the civillians.. can really do about it unfortunately Click here to enlarge
    Sure, we dont have to worry about viking raids or scurvy anymore, but instead we make a daily routine of sitting in flimsy, fibreglass (or metal) boxes full of gasoline which are propelled in opposing directions on the freeway at velocities matching that of low flying aircraft.

This is a roundabout way of saying that cars are dangerous....

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree ^^^^

There are some older and even old farts being tools on the roads - but the 'majority' and by a long shot are the younger folk, hopefully they do learn and 'grow up' before it's too late !

Only 2 weekends ago here in Vic. was the worst weekend of road accidents thus far - 6 people dead think it was, 2 more dying in hospital, ALL of them aged between 16-25, 6 of them under 21, speed/reckless driving was the cause, that says it all !
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Enthusiast KingOfAstras's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've noticed a lot more bike accidents in Sydney in the past 2 months. Not to mention general accidents. Not sure if it's the weather which is the contributing factor or just people becoming even more stupid with a warped logic thinking they own the road.
    New: '10 Ford Focus ST/XR5 Turbo
    '06 Subaru Impreza WRX STi
    Old: 07.5 Opel Astra H Sporthatch... R.I.P.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Its no particular state, its just people who use their car to get from a to b and dont give 2 shits about how they do it and arent thinking when they drive about any concern for others. Its the same everywhere.....here Syd, Brisy, alot of people suck ass at driving and yes it appears they got their licence out of a cereal box. Jeesh I could make a list of things that piss me off. Atleast we here at Opelaus are all good drivers Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Enthusiast Keep'emRunning's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 on the morons that use the safe braking distance as their own personal valet space.

I usually hang back not only for safety, but to avoid the annoying stone chips that are part & parcel of sydney roads... also craps me no end when trucks squeeze into the gap, 'cos then you need twice the distance to stop the meteor size rocks from hitting your car Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Indicators seem to be broken on LOTS of cars. I'm sure that it has gotten waaaay worse over the last 10 years or so.

Thread Information