Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Melbourne Drivers are shocking!

Every time I drive at speed limit, there is always an idiot that has to speed and overtake me to finally go in front and slow down to speed limit again..WTFClick here to enlarge REALLY pisses me off..its like people are bloody impatient or have to feel like they are better than you by being in front Click here to enlarge

Another example, Im keeping a safe distance behind the car in front and an idiot has to overtake and fit in the gap in front of me!! arrrgggg...

Do you experience the same thing?
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    I must say Melbourne drivers are in general much better than Brisbane drivers(in the last 5 years). Especially in peak traffic.
    Melbourne its a slow stop start. Brisbane they are full on acceleration then hard on brakes.
    04 Astra Sri - Silver - Full red leather interior - mk4 888 wheels - Star light roof lining - lowered - ice - exhaust - vxr brakes - quite a few other things.
    my ride - no longer faster than qlds sri-t's
    OEM+
    04 Astra Linea Rossa - Build thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmm...so its not just melbourne drivers!

yeh...tradies..haha. but the tradies i have seen drive well. its the people in their hotted up but gutless cars that usually tend to show off and drive dangerously!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    tradies over here... with f series utes or S/SS or xr6/8 utes with hardtop covers and spoilers on it with a trailer with shit cause they dont want to use there tray.. they sit in the right lane of freeway all the way then cut 4 lanes to get to off ramp last minute..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by gmonkey Click here to enlarge
    tradies over here... with f series utes or S/SS or xr6/8 utes with hardtop covers and spoilers on it with a trailer with shit cause they dont want to use there tray.. they sit in the right lane of freeway all the way then cut 4 lanes to get to off ramp last minute..
    ah true! the tradies in SS or XR6/XR8 are shocking....I was talking about the ones in their hiluxClick here to enlarge

OpelAus Post Whore
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by USC Click here to enlarge
    its the people in their hotted up but gutless cars that usually tend to show off and drive dangerously!
    i've lost count the number of times some crappy lancer/civic have come flying up behind me and sit off my rear bumper, then do some elaborate overtake, only to just go the normal speed in front of me....

but standards have dropped in general. Probably whats worse are the 18 year old P-plater chicks in their Yaris/Golf/Astra that daddy bought them - think they own the road. Had one cut me off yesterday flying up the inside - probably missed my front bumper by inches - and what happened in the end - got stopped by the same traffic lights anyway. Almost causing an accident to end up in front rather than behind. She moved over pretty quick though when she looked into her rear vision mirror and saw it filled up with ze big black car, me scowling and my wife mouthing "stupid f*cking b*tch".... Click here to enlarge
    [/SIZE]Current: , 2012 Volvo XC90 3.2
    Ex's: MY13 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI, 2008 Honda CR-V Luxury, MY06 Volvo S40 T5 AWD, MY09 VW Passat R36 Family Truckster MY05 Subaru *sneeze* WRX Click here to enlarge , JSII Vectra CD 2.2, TS Astra CD "Olympic Edition"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Vectracious Click here to enlarge
    , me scowling and my wife mouthing "stupid f*cking b*tch".... Click here to enlarge

Haha yep..I don't get shitty anymore...wife does it all for me....gotta love that...worst is the P platers that sit in the right hand lane...doing 90 holding everyone up...then there trying work out why there is a car up there ass...then proceed to brake hard becuase someone is tailing...GET A HINT U WANKER...FFS
    I had one guy last weekend on the Berwick bypass...was a P plater there was a truck in the right lane I was in the left...doing 100 (had cruise set) he proceeded to sit up my ass and flash his light...what like thats going to get me to speed up...tosser...just made me drive slower....like 70...after which he pulled out pulled in front and jumped on the ancors....funny thing was we both ended up at Fountain Gate in the car park...and I purposly parked in the same car park as him...so I could give him an ear full...I did he was very apologetic...don't think he will be doing that any more...especailly as he doesn't know what size guy drives a little black astra

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah I'm pretty sure that isn't just Melbourne drivers mate.

You ever heard of Tradies?
    '91Alfa Romeo 164Q
    '02 Jaguar S-Type 3.0 ~ '98 BMW 740il ~ '02 Saab 9-5 aero ~ '99 Saab 9-3 Viggen Convertible ~'00 Alfa Romeo 166 3.0 ~ '97 Volvo S40 T4 ~ '94 Saab 900s 2.5 ~ '98 Opel Vectra 2.0

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by USC Click here to enlarge
    Every time I drive at speed limit, there is always an idiot that has to speed and overtake me to finally go in front and slow down to speed limit again..WTFClick here to enlarge REALLY pisses me off..its like people are bloody impatient or have to feel like they are better than you by being in front Click here to enlarge

Another example, Im keeping a safe distance behind the car in front and an idiot has to overtake and fit in the gap in front of me!! arrrgggg...

Do you experience the same thing?
    I'd have to agree with most other peoples comments in that bad/wanker drivers exist everywhere !

Maybe some places are worse than others, but unfortunately they exist everywhere...

IMHO from what I've seen/experienced, there's always 2 major aspects or points to at least 90% of them; 1. they're the younger drivers amongst us, usually P platers (surprise, surprise why insurance etc. etc. is so much stricter on them) 2. tools with hi po or hotted up cars - again more so with the younger folk...

I'm absolutely sick of the P platers here in Melb. with their crap box old V8 Commodores or old turbo Skylines (which they're not even allowed to drive) acting like absolute tools endangering others as well as themselves and then there's the same behaviour from P platers in normal cars like Astras, Corollas etc. Gen Yers here flame me if you will, but that's the simple truth of the matter !
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Thread Information