Page 997 of 1353 FirstFirst ... 49789794798799399499599699799899910001001100710471097 ... LastLast
Results 9,961 to 9,970 of 13522
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Gsi_Bryce Click here to enlarge
    That's good advice thank you ,tap water is fine to use?
    Hell no. Leads to a slow and erosion related death.

Use deminiralised water from any auto store. Or if your really jewish just boil the kettle about 2 - 3 times then pour 3/4 of the kettle in and dispose of the bottom 1/4. Rinse repeat.

Also if your going green make sure you use a type A coolant, no way to jew yourself out of that one im afraid.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    Holden Barina XC SRI
    16.23 Second 1/4 Mile, No boost..... Yet
    "-I'd rather loose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch cause someone else built it for me. Your car, is your story, so don't let someone else write the book." ~Moog

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Have always used tap water in my cars.

Every so often if I remember I will used tank water from the inlaws
    2013 Ford Focus ST
    Calibra - The only car that will institutionalise you and send you broke in the mean time

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...I did buy premixed coolant nulon red which it currently is running green...
    Based on my reading of your post: are you saying that you are planning to add red coolant to the green coolant in your car?

If so, I am pretty sure mixing the two will bring some unwanted effects (happy to be corrected on this)...?
    2001 Star Silver Corsa C
    2003 Star Silver Astra G OPC - gone to a good home
    2004 White Grandis Luxury
    2005 Platinum 380 LX dual fuel

OpelAus Participant StrickenAza34's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by J Click here to enlarge
    If so, I am pretty sure mixing the two will bring some unwanted effects (happy to be corrected on this)...?
    I too am sure you can't mix, but I read it as he was flushing it, leaving very diluted green coolant that he can't flush out, and then adding the proper, Red Coolant. Could be wrong though.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Picked it up from some work done... extractors, exhaust, OTR intake and a retune. So now we're about 300+kw/630nm with mid-range gains of 45kw/110nm Click here to enlarge Exhaust and intake sound mean as well. Now if only this was the Barina i was talking about and not the SS-V :/

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Finally have a free day to do a coolant flush + install new header tank and thermo, quick question but, I did buy premixed coolant nulon red which it currently is running green, flushing the rad is very straight forward but well be also flushing block now apparently after flushing with water about 3ltrs remain in there and a capacity of 7ltrs so if I use 4 liters of premixed will that be as efficient enough to run or would I be better to exchange and get a mix it yourself version and do the maths?
    never had anything left after a flush.
    New, Peugeot 308 GTi 270 MY18 Pearlescent White.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...554#post821554

OpelAus Forum Regular Gsi_Bryce's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I returned the premix and got concentrated red and yes it did have the wrong green in it I flushed both rad and block I have run the car at idle to normal running temp then did a 10 minute drove got home let everything cool while checking for leaks etc had to top up ran car again same as before and let cool down level was good and colour of the red had not changed, I could guarantee I didn't get every last drop of green but seems I got most out

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmm strange clutch behavior...
    Cold, nice and firm response...
    Car warmed up, light slippage...
    Car stuck in traffic jam and temp goes to just under middle (90) perfect!... maybe clutch bleeding is needed...
    "treading on the throttle pedal gives you some idea of what it might be like to blow yourself up"
    hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia: fear of long words...
    2003 Astra G Sri-T (very blaack)

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok peeps another q and a...
    Lets say there a vacuum leak after the air flow meter (lets say... the coupling fron the crossover pipe to the turbo inlet). Could this be an issue to cuse the car feeling like crap between 2800 and 4000 rpm? Almost like it just doesnt want to make power ir it flies through it without actually doing anything... friend says clutch but im looking for simpler answers first.
    "treading on the throttle pedal gives you some idea of what it might be like to blow yourself up"
    hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia: fear of long words...
    2003 Astra G Sri-T (very blaack)

Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sounds like clutch but I'd say look at the air leak first and see if it changes anything

Thread Information