Page 896 of 1353 FirstFirst ... 396796846886892893894895896897898899900906946996 ... LastLast
Results 8,951 to 8,960 of 13522
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SAMARAI Click here to enlarge
    Cool Chris, shoot a photo when they are on the car.
    No probs. Would've done it tonight if I didn't need to drop the oil in the van (which I didn't get done) and fix the boost leak (which turned out to be the result of a dimple on an intercooler pipe and the use of a t-clamp which was too wide). Van boosts like mad with a constant 24-25psi according to Torque and the ELM327.

Thinking I should get some chrome indicator globes for the SRi's new lights, as the orange globes gives them the fried egg look. But yeah, looking at fitting them this weekend, along with the new engine mount. Got some other little bits to do, which I'll hopefully get to as well. Can't do too much more to the E30 at present until I get the new control arm bushes pressed in to the carriers.
    2001 Opel Corsa C SRi: Z20LET EDS stage 3.5 173.9kW @ the wheels Build thread and here on FB: http://www.facebook.com/corsasriz20let
    2018 Ford Transit 290S: Transit #2, in that order and it's also a POS
    1998 Opel Combo B: It has begun, and it's stalled - Build thread and FB page
    2009 Holden Commodore VE SS: Gen IV LS power for the inner bogan

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by chris_r Click here to enlarge
    Got my angel eye headlights tonight. Funny how Parcel Post delivered them at 8.15pm, especially when with Messenger Post, we're supposed to stop deliveries at 8pm at the latest. Also received new tie rod ends for the E30 today, which need to go on ASAP so I can move it out of the carport.

Here's a good example of how dealers overcharge in this country. I need to get a new discharge/low pressure AC hose for the iLoad (compressor to condenser), AC gas guy said I could get someone to come out and put a fitting in the hose to repair it for anywhere between $100 to $400. Went to Stillwell Parts (part of Adtrans, Adelaide's other Hyundai dealer), was quoted around $300-320 for a brand new hose and they'd have to get it from Sydney. The guy at the stealers then said I could get it at $250 trade price. I said I'd think about it, he gave me a diagram of the hose along with the part number and I left. First thing I did afterwards, was google the part number. Found a mob in the US who can supply the hose for $53.17USD + $29.76USD postage (via Fedex or EMS apparently). Either way I look at it, I'm obviously in front by ordering it off the net.
    I see this daily mate, when guys come into our workshop and ask about parts, stuff that you think will be cheap turns out to be shockingly expensive. The new euro 6 trucks(Scania) that will be here in a few years, no longer have a muffler. They have a "Chemical Factory" which will cost - $30k for a new one. Try explaining that to a customer!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like actual psi. Can you select corrected? Otherwise you need to subtract 14.7psi (atmospheric pressure)

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Neeko Click here to enlarge
    Sounds like actual psi. Can you select corrected? Otherwise you need to subtract 14.7psi (atmospheric pressure)
    I think you're right. Don't think the little K03 VGT would handle that much boost all day. Plus, I'd have to be a moron to believe a Hyundai diesel with a 17.6:1 CR would handle that sort of pressure.
    2001 Opel Corsa C SRi: Z20LET EDS stage 3.5 173.9kW @ the wheels Build thread and here on FB: http://www.facebook.com/corsasriz20let
    2018 Ford Transit 290S: Transit #2, in that order and it's also a POS
    1998 Opel Combo B: It has begun, and it's stalled - Build thread and FB page
    2009 Holden Commodore VE SS: Gen IV LS power for the inner bogan

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The astra diesel sat at around 21 psi stock standard, and ran 28 psi when tuned. The figures aren't all that unrealistic.
    2007 Liberty STi
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sooty Click here to enlarge
    The astra diesel sat at around 21 psi stock standard, and ran 28 psi when tuned. The figures aren't all that unrealistic.
    28psi? Are you sure? Sounds way too high, at 28psi a turbo that small would be so insufficient, just blowing hot air.
    2011 Subaru Impreza WRX | Forged Build | Build Thread
    Forged Build 12.23s @ 182km/h& The Run

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yep. Can't forget that the diesel turbos are variable geometry turbines and the exhaust gas is considerably cooler than with a petrol, hence why variable turbines exist predominantly in diesel ranks, but not yet in petrol (other than in the likes of the high end porsches whereby you can operate with a ceramic turbine)
    Last edited by sooty; 25th October 2013 at 01:31 PM.
    2007 Liberty STi
    Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Enthusiast lonewolf1983's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    and high compression is required in diesel applications to ensure they actually run.
    Throw anything you know about combustion out the window when it comes to a diesel!
    Currently: '94 honda civic w/DC2 Type-R conversion - track toy

formerly: '03 Astra Turbo, FMIC, 3" TBE, EDS IPF, quaife LSD, KW coilovers, Wilwood 6pots etc

Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    booked truck to bring the red one to bris.
    04 Astra Sri - Silver - Full red leather interior - mk4 888 wheels - Star light roof lining - lowered - ice - exhaust - vxr brakes - quite a few other things.
    my ride - no longer faster than qlds sri-t's
    OEM+
    04 Astra Linea Rossa - Build thread

Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hit the big 100!!

LOOOOL

Click here to enlarge
    OPEL ADDICT 1994 CORSA B 1.5D (ENGLAND) 2001 CORSA C 1.2L (ENGLAND) 2004 CORSA C 1.4L (SOLD) 2004 3.2 V6 VECTRA GTS (SOLD)
    1994 CORSA B GSI C16 CONVERTED TO Z18XE (SOLD) 2001 ASTRA VAN Z16SE (CURRENT)

Click here to enlarge

Thread Information