Page 600 of 1353 FirstFirst ... 1005005505905965975985996006016026036046106507001100 ... LastLast
Results 5,991 to 6,000 of 13522
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The setup was done with the rear seats in and I didn't change it as the lower seat squab only weighed 5-6kgs anyway and the battery was very close at 4.8kgs with box and wiring. The rear upright section has always been in the car as it helped the car feel a little less "flexy" in the rear. Cage will now fix that! Click here to enlarge Any small amount of extra rake was welcomed for handling. The only thing really different would be the battery with the stock unit weighing 12kg+ and all hanging out the front of the axle line like its sitting on a lever!!!

The car will be basically different, but my advice get them in the car as is, drive it for a few km's to settle them and then sort the heights from there. First check the front passenger side against the front drivers as this is likely to be the biggest difference. The rears should be even but you might need extra clearance for the 18's so check heights. Really any adjustments should be very small. IMHO, I would not pay $450 to have someone else do it as its really really easy. You just measure from the centre of the hub to the bottom of the guard.

So hot tips:

Check fronts side to side first.
    Once the front is done, sitting down drive it back and forth to settle it and steering lock to lock. Then measure again to make sure they match side to side. Fronts have the most variables so do this first and take your time.
    When setting the rears, give the car 5 to 8 degrees of forward rake (front down) for handling.

As the springs are not linear rate, there will be a certain amount "give in them and you might be able to do a fit and forget, but once installed settle them in and then measure and adjust.
    Last edited by gman; 16th March 2012 at 04:44 PM.
    Epsilon Renntech
    2003 Astra SRi-T - The Phantom
    EMTRON ECU
    Borg Warner EFR7163 & EFR9180
    Tuned by Scott @ Insight Motorsports

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    awesome
    sounds like a plan batman
    :: OpelAus Senior Moderator ::
    :: OLD: 2000 Opel Corsa B 1.4 - Old info here - 48.7kw atw
    :: OLD: 2003 Opel Corsa C SRi - Old info here - 84.8kw atw
    :: OLD: 2003 Opel Astra SRiT - 182.3kw atw
    :: Daily: 2001 E46 BMW 325Ci Coupe – 2.5L 5spd Manual
    :: Project: 1983 AE71 Toyota Corolla CS-X - not sure what to do yet... ::

www.pauljakubicki.com
    facebook.com/PaulJakubickiPhotography
    Event Photographer/Writer for SpeedNation.com.au

Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by xplosv57 Click here to enlarge
    I would not be fitting the bilsteins at home, they need to be properly weighted at each corner when installed.
    I installed them and measured them at home. Took me a day, but even when it was checked by the race aligner for the first track day, he said it was as near spot on as made no difference. For road coilovers with progressive rate springs they all do exactly the same thing as corner weighting with progressives is not really that huge an advantage due to the non-linear nature of the springs. The only thing they did was give it a bit more rake and raise the front drivers side 1mm to allow for the 100kgs in the drivers seat!! Click here to enlarge

So as they are progressive rate springs, the corner weightings are pretty useless as the spring absorbs the extra lift at a non-linear rate that you dial in and you end up with a case of diminishing returns and no real advantage. The other thing is if you load one spring more than another it will reach the limit of the different compression ratio's and stiffen up sooner than the other side and this creates all sorts of other issues as well.

Again on his advice, for a predominately road car with progressive rate springs was to run them evenly side to side which is a simple case of measurements centre of the hub to the bottom of the guard.

The new linear rate springs in the new suspension means that there is a set amount of drop on the car which is easily measured and accounted for. Progressives don't allow that sort of precision.
    Last edited by gman; 16th March 2012 at 04:59 PM.
    Epsilon Renntech
    2003 Astra SRi-T - The Phantom
    EMTRON ECU
    Borg Warner EFR7163 & EFR9180
    Tuned by Scott @ Insight Motorsports

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by PaulyJ Click here to enlarge
    Will Berwick facilities need to borrow tools from Cranbourne HQ?

Yes
    Berwick facilities not 100% set up as yet. Been borrowing from Dandenong franchise in the meantime Click here to enlarge
    Sure, we dont have to worry about viking raids or scurvy anymore, but instead we make a daily routine of sitting in flimsy, fibreglass (or metal) boxes full of gasoline which are propelled in opposing directions on the freeway at velocities matching that of low flying aircraft.

This is a roundabout way of saying that cars are dangerous....

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    In other news... Dandenong spec'd the Astra for the lolz

Click here to enlarge

And found this wedged between the wheel and the hubcap Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Yes, that was a dead mouse...
    Last edited by hazrd; 16th March 2012 at 05:32 PM.
    Sure, we dont have to worry about viking raids or scurvy anymore, but instead we make a daily routine of sitting in flimsy, fibreglass (or metal) boxes full of gasoline which are propelled in opposing directions on the freeway at velocities matching that of low flying aircraft.

This is a roundabout way of saying that cars are dangerous....

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fits in well with the overgrown nature strip Click here to enlarge

Drove it 100km and supposedly averaged 6.2L/100km... You lie scanguage...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk... Coz apparently sigs are all the rage at the moment
    Glider aka Toby, 94 Calibra Turbo
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    replaced my ignition coil with my back up aftermarket one
    Blue Holden Astra TS City 2003 1.8 Sedan Manual Z18xe 135, 500 km @ 16 March 2013

Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Participant Corsa SRI Guy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I finally found my exhaust leak!! I located 3 broken studs on the exhaust ports so I pulled off extractors and replaced all studs with new anodized ones. Now it doesn't sound like a wet fart everytime the engine is cold! I could only hear the leak when the motor was cold as nothing had expanded. Very pleased Click here to enlarge
    CORSA C SRI 103KW
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Corsa SRI Guy Click here to enlarge
    I finally found my exhaust leak!! I located 3 broken studs on the exhaust ports so I pulled off extractors and replaced all studs with new anodized ones. Now it doesn't sound like a wet fart everytime the engine is cold! I could only hear the leak when the motor was cold as nothing had expanded. Very pleased Click here to enlarge
    jsut in time for the next cruise! Click here to enlarge
    2011 Subaru Impreza WRX | Forged Build | Build Thread
    Forged Build 12.23s @ 182km/h& The Run

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Fitted 3" ceramic coated catted dump pipe Click here to enlarge goes alright!
    2007 Liberty STi
    Click here to enlarge

Thread Information