Page 60 of 1353 FirstFirst ... 1050565758596061626364701101605601060 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by darkirv Click here to enlarge
    murdered my clutch!
    hektik burnouts?? Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just on my way home up the hill :S
    - Wrecking Ts Astra City Hatchback / Pm me -

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally installed my new 1.9 CDti intake kit from Percy Click here to enlarge

I'm pretty happy with it - but still not really happy with my exhaust though. It's too loud for my liking, and I'm not happy with the significant amount of torque i've lost in the lower RPM... Click here to enlarge I'm thinking an Xforce Varex muffler will fix the noise problem, and also that perhaps a VXR turbo and FMIC might help make the most of the new exhaust (it's SMB's 3" full turbo-back system)...
    Without a decent assortment of upgrades, I personally don't think extra high-end power is worth the lower RPM torque sacrificed in having the 'upgraded' exhaust.

NB. The exhaust itself is fantastic and extremely well made... Truth be told, it's probably exactly what a lot of ppl out there want. It just doesn't suit my driving (or hearing) tastes... Even the sound - it sounds excellent, and it has a really nice burble to it too - if it had the same noise, just not so loud and attention-seeking, I'd love it! In the same way, I rarely breach 4,000RPM and really don't experience the real benefits of the exhaust.

Okkz, so maybe I've rambled OT a little bit.. Click here to enlarge Sorry! I'll get around to starting a proper member's thread eventually... I wish there were more hours in a single day.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    painted my stock wheels as shown on members rides.. made the car look so much better in my opinion or maybe im just biased Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by delemonte Click here to enlarge
    Finally installed my new 1.9 CDti intake kit from Percy Click here to enlarge

I'm pretty happy with it - but still not really happy with my exhaust though. It's too loud for my liking, and I'm not happy with the significant amount of torque i've lost in the lower RPM... Click here to enlarge I'm thinking an Xforce Varex muffler will fix the noise problem, and also that perhaps a VXR turbo and FMIC might help make the most of the new exhaust (it's SMB's 3" full turbo-back system)...
    Without a decent assortment of upgrades, I personally don't think extra high-end power is worth the lower RPM torque sacrificed in having the 'upgraded' exhaust.

NB. The exhaust itself is fantastic and extremely well made... Truth be told, it's probably exactly what a lot of ppl out there want. It just doesn't suit my driving (or hearing) tastes... Even the sound - it sounds excellent, and it has a really nice burble to it too - if it had the same noise, just not so loud and attention-seeking, I'd love it! In the same way, I rarely breach 4,000RPM and really don't experience the real benefits of the exhaust.

Okkz, so maybe I've rambled OT a little bit.. Click here to enlarge Sorry! I'll get around to starting a proper member's thread eventually... I wish there were more hours in a single day.
    Theres your problem right thereClick here to enlarge
    Audi A3 8P 2.0TFSI QUATTRO | SAT NAV | RS6 19'S | PREMIUM TINT| APR CARBONIO STAGE 2 INTAKE | SPM 3" SS DOWNPIPE W/ 200 CELL CAT
    TUNED BY APR
    APR STAGE II.

Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Removed: all interior pillars, roof lining, antenna base and roof rails.
    04 Astra Sri - Silver - Full red leather interior - mk4 888 wheels - Star light roof lining - lowered - ice - exhaust - vxr brakes - quite a few other things.
    my ride - no longer faster than qlds sri-t's
    OEM+
    04 Astra Linea Rossa - Build thread

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by delemonte Click here to enlarge
    Sorry to hear that. Probably is the varex muffler - to my mind adding a second throttle to your car can only be a bad thing. AFAIK, there's no such thing as an exhaust optimised for low or high rpm on a turbo car. A turbo exhaust's performance is directly measured by its backpressure, and you want that as close to zero for any rpm. Cars that don't have a turbine cutting up the exhaust pulses (ie N/A cars) can be tuned for low/high rpms, but that's a different story.

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Priced a set of VXR Shock Absorbers from the UK... at $1900, decided to keep my current ones.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mania Click here to enlarge
    Priced a set of VXR Shock Absorbers from the UK... at $1900, decided to keep my current ones.
    is that so they would still be electronically adjusted by the car?

or else why not just bilsteins or somethin

OpelAus Forum Hierarchy Nurb608's Avatar
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mania Click here to enlarge
    Sell ya mine for $1800 Click here to enlarge
    Track Times: Phillip Island - 1:59.4027, Calder Park - 1:08.8142, Winton 3km - 1:40.7810, Sandown - 1:29.6000, Haunted Hills - 62.55, 1/4 Mile - 13.736

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Thread Information