Page 453 of 1353 FirstFirst ... 353403443449450451452453454455456457463503553953 ... LastLast
Results 4,521 to 4,530 of 13522
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Put new globes in it, 4000k ones nice and bright.
    Looking on how to stick the new badges on the car...
    Stainless steel on the car, what to use?
    "treading on the throttle pedal gives you some idea of what it might be like to blow yourself up"
    hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia: fear of long words...
    2003 Astra G Sri-T (very blaack)

OpelAus Participant Drache Mithal's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally found and fixed a leak in my boot (fugging water was getting in via the aerial base argh!!!) Also installed a replacement roof liner into my veccy, so far looking good and not drooping! Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Drache Mithal Click here to enlarge
    Also installed a replacement roof liner into my veccy, so far looking good and not drooping! Click here to enlarge
    Where did you get this? Mine has sagged across the entire roof. I could take it somewhere to have it retrimmed, but if it can be done at home, that's a hell of a lot more convenient...

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Shadow110 Click here to enlarge
    Put new globes in it, 4000k ones nice and bright.
    Looking on how to stick the new badges on the car...
    Stainless steel on the car, what to use?
    Some good double sided tape.
    Click here to enlarge
    2002 Astra G Sedan
    Current Project:
    CarPC

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gave it a good wash before putting her up for sale Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Got bored at midnight so dodgyly sprayed my engine cover

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Bloodnok Click here to enlarge
    Where did you get this? Mine has sagged across the entire roof. I could take it somewhere to have it retrimmed, but if it can be done at home, that's a hell of a lot more convenient...
    I pulled one out of a wreck from pick n payless (a big DIY wrecker yard in Sydney), carefully gave it a clean with Autoglym interior shampoo, patched up a small bubble & cigarette burn it had with some contact adhesive & spare cloth from old lining, and voila! Cost me $50 for the roof liner, $17 for the shampoo, $10 for the adhesive. Some car interior place was going to charge me $250 to do it, or $40 per square meter for the cloth. From what i read online its fairly easy to re-trim if you know what you're doing, i just found it easier to swap it out hehe.
    Last edited by Drache Mithal; 17th July 2011 at 04:55 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Drache Mithal Click here to enlarge
    I pulled one out of a wreck from picknpayless
    Ah, fair enough Click here to enlarge

From what i read online its fairly easy to re-trim if you know what you're doing.
    I'll have to investigate that. "Knowing what you are doing" often rules me out, but sometimes I can surprise myself Click here to enlarge

The actual fabric I've got isn't damaged - it's just hanging away from the backing across the entire roof. I'm now wondering if, with some patience and the correct glue, I could stick it back on...

Oh, Astra: Changed rego label over. Also secured the dashmat. Apparently, pulling out of a side turning rapidly dislodges it, and it ends up sat in your lap. Two big black cable ties should see it hoon-compatible now Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Enthusiast Feelinlucky75's Avatar
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, fair enough Click here to enlarge

I'll have to investigate that. "Knowing what you are doing" often rules me out, but sometimes I can surprise myself Click here to enlarge

The actual fabric I've got isn't damaged - it's just hanging away from the backing across the entire roof. I'm now wondering if, with some patience and the correct glue, I could stick it back on...

Oh, Astra: Changed rego label over. Also secured the dashmat. Apparently, pulling out of a side turning rapidly dislodges it, and it ends up sat in your lap. Two big black cable ties should see it hoon-compatible now Click here to enlarge
    If you can get a tin of it, use rubber cement and a roller... The rubber cement will be able to flex and won't melt in the heat...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The fabric itself will probably be shot, even if it doesn't look like it. The problem is the fabric & foam backing are sold as a combo and it's glued to the pressed cardboard base. Over time the glue holding the foam to the fabric would have broken down and separated, causing the bubbles to form. If it's small bubbles the contact adhesive sometimes works. If its a big job it's best to do is to pull off all the fabric, scrape the deteriorated foam away and then put fresh fabric/foam combo on.

Veccy - one leak is solved, another one shows up! More silicon applied to boot, hopefully fixes this up and i can put my boot back together.

Thread Information