Page 352 of 1353 FirstFirst ... 2523023423483493503513523533543553563624024528521352 ... LastLast
Results 3,511 to 3,520 of 13522
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Both!! Click here to enlarge
    Sure, we dont have to worry about viking raids or scurvy anymore, but instead we make a daily routine of sitting in flimsy, fibreglass (or metal) boxes full of gasoline which are propelled in opposing directions on the freeway at velocities matching that of low flying aircraft.

This is a roundabout way of saying that cars are dangerous....

I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Washed + Waxed, Polished, Tyres blacked and polished, Wheel's cleaned (got rid of all that annoying brake dust), Vacumed and washed floor mats and cleaned around dash and center. Looks pretty good Click here to enlarge Took it for a drive up Mountain Highway to Sky High for sunset afterwards
    Last edited by craigm; 29th January 2011 at 09:11 PM. Reason: grammar

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Washed, Clayed and Waxed. Also did a little brotek and fitted new blue intake hose, the old one had discoloured over time.
    Audi A3 8P 2.0TFSI QUATTRO | SAT NAV | RS6 19'S | PREMIUM TINT| APR CARBONIO STAGE 2 INTAKE | SPM 3" SS DOWNPIPE W/ 200 CELL CAT
    TUNED BY APR
    APR STAGE II.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have spent the best part of two hours attempting to follow this instruction:

Using a screwdriver inserted from the right-hand side, depress the retaining clip and lift the filter housing from the crash box.
    (CDTi fuel filter change being attempted, Haynes providing the instructions.)

I can't find/see the %^$#*^@$ clip which makes this almost impossible. They could mean 'right hand side' as it's looked at, or the more traditional RHS when talking about cars (from the driver's seat POV). Tried both. Got underneath, climbed on top, looked from both sides, can't see anything. Right up against the firewall, so too tight to get in and feel anything. Tried using a piece of card to slide around, up and down to find any clips, but the shape of the filter housing is too irregular to get anything useful.

Anyone done this before and got any tips, or even better, diagrams/pics? I'm going to go do the oil and coolant changes, and give the battery a clean up before trying again. I'll check back here in a little bit to see if anyone has an answer, otherwise I'll reconnect the fuel lines and assorted cables and give it up. If I can't find any decent instructions on how to do this ^&%$#% clip I might have to take it to a mech and let him swear at it for a while.

OpelAus Post Whore
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    got a nice little dent in the A-pillar from a cricket ball when leaving the Vic cruise this arvo Click here to enlarge
    [/SIZE]Current: , 2012 Volvo XC90 3.2
    Ex's: MY13 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI, 2008 Honda CR-V Luxury, MY06 Volvo S40 T5 AWD, MY09 VW Passat R36 Family Truckster MY05 Subaru *sneeze* WRX Click here to enlarge , JSII Vectra CD 2.2, TS Astra CD "Olympic Edition"

OpelAus Participant Gatecrasher's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The pod is now off (until winter)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seriously pissed now. Some tard mechanic has overtightened the sump plug and nothing is getting that bastard off.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Alix Click here to enlarge
    Seriously pissed now. Some tard mechanic has overtightened the sump plug and nothing is getting that bastard off.
    get a long long extension bar!
    2018 BMW 125i M Sport Alpine White
    2010 MY10 VW R36 Wagon Biscay Blue
    2005 MY05 AH Astra HatchBlack | Facelifted SRi Looking|OpeliZed|Whiteline RSB|EibachProKit | Shopping Trolley

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    washed it for first time in 4 months
    Glider aka Toby, 94 Calibra Turbo
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Vectracious Click here to enlarge
    got a nice little dent in the A-pillar from a cricket ball when leaving the Vic cruise this arvo Click here to enlarge
    so pissed off at that, we were long gone by the time you sent me that message otherwise i would have walked over there and asked who was going to pay for the dent removal Click here to enlarge
    Sure, we dont have to worry about viking raids or scurvy anymore, but instead we make a daily routine of sitting in flimsy, fibreglass (or metal) boxes full of gasoline which are propelled in opposing directions on the freeway at velocities matching that of low flying aircraft.

This is a roundabout way of saying that cars are dangerous....

Thread Information