Page 1347 of 1353 FirstFirst ... 347847124712971337134313441345134613471348134913501351 ... LastLast
Results 13,461 to 13,470 of 13522
    OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Installed a USB charger port Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Sent from my ASUS_Z011D using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by pd-xc-72464118 Click here to enlarge
    Installed a USB charger port
    Wow, super complicated for such little functionality. I just bought one of these and thus added bluetooth to my car at the same time. Much easier and no wiring required. Works an absolute treat.

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Legoman Click here to enlarge
    Wow, super complicated for such little functionality. I just bought one of these and thus added bluetooth to my car at the same time. Much easier and no wiring required. Works an absolute treat.
    I didn't find it complicated.

The wiring didn't require soldering. The ends just slip over the top and you squash/crimp them in place.

The plastic surround pops out in a second.

The old cancer lighter was a touch tricky to extract in that it needed a bit of oomph.

The only fiddly bit was the hole left over wasn't designed to meet a screw-in barrel style object. So it needed less than 1MM filed off.

In my experience the type you linked to are a complete nightmare. They never remain actively powered because the spring / pressure-based connectors inevitably wear, pop out during travel, are easily lost when you take them out and generally don't give you as many amps as they claim to.

I wanted a solid option that was inexpensive and I knew would be a solid, permanent fit. I also got Qualcomm QuickCharge 2.0 compatibility for the grand total of just $15 at Jaycar.

I have no purpose for Bluetooth at this point as my default Blaupunkt head unit doesn't have Bluetooth. I have plans for integrating hands-free though.

I'm glad you have a solution that works for you. Mine was cheaper; I didn't have to wait for shipping; read Russian or the other comment language. Yours does offer a max of 3.4A for one port though, which is much more than many similar generic units. There's no great need to criticise my different choices. Each to their own.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't find it complicated.
    Compared to taking the Xioami device out of the packet and plugging it into the existing socket, what you did is massively more complicated for a lot less functionality. As an added bonus, with the Xiaomi, if you need the cigarette lighter socket back for powering a satnav instead for example, you just pull it out and plug the other device in.

The Xiaomi is $20. $20 for bluetooth audio and two USB charger sockets which is completely portable and doesn't require you to modify your car at all. The colour of the operation light is customisable too via the iPhone/Android control app to match whatever your car's dashboard illumination colour is. Would you like to tell us how much your socket was?

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Compared to taking the Xioami device out of the packet and plugging it into the existing socket, what you did is massively more complicated for a lot less functionality. As an added bonus, with the Xiaomi, if you need the cigarette lighter socket back for powering a satnav instead for example, you just pull it out and plug the other device in.

The Xiaomi is $20. $20 for bluetooth audio and a USB charger socket which is completely portable and doesn't require you to modify your car at all. The colour of the operation light is customisable too via the iPhone/Android control app to match whatever your car's dashboard illumination colour is. Would you like to tell us how much your socket was?
    This isn't a competition.

Each to their own.

I didn't alter my car's wiring at all. The fascia that I filed back slightly can easily be replaced if needs be.

AFAIK this section is titled "what did you do to your car". Not "what accessory did you plug in temporarily".

If you don't like my choices, don't do what I did.

Some people like modding their cars to improve them. Some like to add accessories. Some like to do both.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This isn't a competition.
    OK so more than $20 then. Fair enough.

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK so more than $20 then. Fair enough.
    More than $20?

The unit was priced at $25 on the shelf at Jaycar and I was marginal if I wanted to pay that but luckily when they scanned it, strangely it was $15. I wasn't arguing with that

The Xiaomi device seems pretty good value excluding postage.

Sent from my ASUS_Z011D using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lamented the failing clearcoat on my roof... was thinking of wrapping the roof until i noticed the rails are showing signs as well Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DRMAT Click here to enlarge
    Lamented the failing clearcoat on my roof... was thinking of wrapping the roof until i noticed the rails are showing signs as well Click here to enlarge
    Starting to think that’s an opel thing! My new one has sunburn on every panel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sskustomz Click here to enlarge
    Starting to think that’s an opel thing!
    It is! There's money to be saved in not putting UV stabiliser in the paint you know! Just ask any sad sack who was stupid enough to buy a VN Commodore when they came out and then got the horizontal panels all resprayed under warranty 2 years later.

Thread Information