Page 1332 of 1353 FirstFirst ... 3328321232128213221328132913301331133213331334133513361342 ... LastLast
Results 13,311 to 13,320 of 13522
    Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Purplehazeffc Click here to enlarge
    Slowly getting annoyed with the way the Astra is starting to look. Yes Astra's are bad for how long the paint lasts. Especially this colour, as all the car I have seen as the same.
    I was going to go body colour with the lower skirts & mirror caps. But as I done both the front & back Holden emblem in satin black, It has turned out quite good.
    Door side mouldings will be done in body colour. The bonnet thou is another story. Might look to replace it with something in better condition & wrap it is satin black vinyl
    The roof is in not to bad condition. So I will wrap that in satin black in a few weeks..

Side Skirt Before
    Click here to enlarge

Side Skirt after with Satin Black
    Click here to enlarge

The Bonnet. Hmmmm
    Click here to enlarge
    If you want to wrap a bonnet, make sure it's in 100% good nick as you'll see every little imperfection when matte wrapped.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
    New, Peugeot 308 GTi 270 MY18 Pearlescent White.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...554#post821554

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dutchy Click here to enlarge
    If you want to wrap a bonnet, make sure it's in 100% good nick as you'll see every little imperfection when matte wrapped.

Yeah I know. The roof in in good condition, just faded. Need a different bonnet for sure. I have seen a cpl of white ones that look pretty good.
    Mind you I couldn't see if there were any stone chips..

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Purplehazeffc Click here to enlarge
    Yeah I know. The roof in in good condition, just faded. Need a different bonnet for sure. I have seen a cpl of white ones that look pretty good.
    Mind you I couldn't see if there were any stone chips..
    maybe white, gloss or carbon fibre look shows up less imperfections but I've seen them before with the matte black wrap and the smallest dent showed up, even some scratches, didn't look nice. Better respray bonnet then.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1

Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Sand the bonnet flat/smooth first. Even the slightest imperfection on the bonnet will be exaggerated/amplified by the vinyl wrap

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
    OPEL ADDICT 1994 CORSA B 1.5D (ENGLAND) 2001 CORSA C 1.2L (ENGLAND) 2004 CORSA C 1.4L (SOLD) 2004 3.2 V6 VECTRA GTS (SOLD)
    1994 CORSA B GSI C16 CONVERTED TO Z18XE (SOLD) 2001 ASTRA VAN Z16SE (CURRENT)

Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by adam_92 Click here to enlarge
    Sand the bonnet flat/smooth first. Even the slightest imperfection on the bonnet will be exaggerated/amplified by the vinyl wrap

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
    Yeah I know about the vinyl wrap. Hence why getting a better bonnet. With that & the wrap would be cheaper than getting it resprayed. Which would look better than wrap thou.
    The car mechanically is pretty good. Runs like a dream for coming up to 297,000k's. I get 6.2 - 6.6 lts per 100klms. But the paint makes it look worse than the car is.
    But around this time next year, after the almost $1000 a month child support finishes, I will be looking at getting a new car. Hopefully the new Astra GTC's will be coming out around that time??? But that is another story..

Just looking at doing cheapish stuff I can do myself just to improve the look a bit.. Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quick wash Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So shiney Pete!
    Mine needs some TLC but instead I bought more bits for it. Which probably wasn't smart seeing as we just bought a new house!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by faneca Click here to enlarge
    So shiney Pete!
    Mine needs some TLC but instead I bought more bits for it. Which probably wasn't smart seeing as we just bought a new house!

Congrats dude on the purchase of your house Click here to enlarge car parts are for life enhancement, house is for necessity.

Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks man. It's a weird feeling!! Because the Mrs is still up in karratha working it's just me ATM. And I'm not used to having no pets or people around. And my meals I'm cooking shows!! Haven't cooked for the last few nights I have had that many left overs!! 😂😂😂😂

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by faneca Click here to enlarge
    Thanks man. It's a weird feeling!! Because the Mrs is still up in karratha working it's just me ATM. And I'm not used to having no pets or people around. And my meals I'm cooking shows!! Haven't cooked for the last few nights I have had that many left overs!! 😂😂😂😂

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Thread Information