Page 1326 of 1353 FirstFirst ... 3268261226127613161322132313241325132613271328132913301336 ... LastLast
Results 13,251 to 13,260 of 13522
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Bobec Click here to enlarge
    By 8 legged friend lives behind my drivers side mirror, he pops out to say g'day sometimes. The pressure washer didnt ease him out so he can stay

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
    Haha i have a huntsman in behind my rear tail light!! found two legs sticking out last wash and they moved back in when i touched them lol

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Bwwwhhahahahaaa gotta keep security fed and happy on the job aye Click here to enlarge
    Arden Blue VXR- EDS 335PS 480NM
    Now
    VW Golf R MK6 Stage 2+

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So, there's been a little bit going on with my fleet of late. I fitted the Powerflex rear beam bushes to the Corsa, definitely makes a difference, but could still be better. Also fitted the AEM wideband O2 gauge as well. Combo, not much has changed, but there's a Corsa B GSi sitting in front of it, donating some parts to the Combo's cause. The Beamer hasn't really been touched, but it's getting a new set of eyes next week (when they get here).

And the Transit. Well, at 124,000 I have gotten a warning coming up saying "Engine Malfunction - Service Now", thought I'd check the codes, P0048 Boost Control Solenoid Out of Range high reading. Take it into Ford dealer, where that today they isolated the issue down to a faulty electronic wastegate actuator. Thing is, you can't replace the actuator without replacing the entire turbo (I'm guessing each one might be specifically calibrated for each turbo). That's okay with me, it's still under warranty until 200,000kms, so it's not costing me. Well, it is in terms of hiring a van and the fact the Transit's also getting a 120k service along with new brakes, but still it could be much worse.
    2001 Opel Corsa C SRi: Z20LET EDS stage 3.5 173.9kW @ the wheels Build thread and here on FB: http://www.facebook.com/corsasriz20let
    2018 Ford Transit 290S: Transit #2, in that order and it's also a POS
    1998 Opel Combo B: It has begun, and it's stalled - Build thread and FB page
    2009 Holden Commodore VE SS: Gen IV LS power for the inner bogan

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by chris_r Click here to enlarge
    ....Thing is, you can't replace the actuator without replacing the entire turbo (I'm guessing each one might be specifically calibrated for each turbo).....
    HUH ?! They better redesign as a fault under warranty period is expensive for them. Ah well, new turbo then.
    New, Peugeot 308 GTi 270 MY18 Pearlescent White.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...554#post821554

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dutchy Click here to enlarge
    HUH ?! They better redesign as a fault under warranty period is expensive for them. Ah well, new turbo then.
    The turbo used on the 2.2 CYF4 Duratorq engine is a Garrett GT1749VK, the V being for a variable nozzle (or geometry) turbine and the K for electronic actuator. I'm guessing the electronic actuator itself is possibly somewhat "paired" or calibrated with each turbo. Can't really see much of an advantage in it over a mechanical actuator to be honest. But yeah, I'm glad they're doing it and not me. FWD van with the turbo mounted between engine and firewall, that's gonna be fun.
    2001 Opel Corsa C SRi: Z20LET EDS stage 3.5 173.9kW @ the wheels Build thread and here on FB: http://www.facebook.com/corsasriz20let
    2018 Ford Transit 290S: Transit #2, in that order and it's also a POS
    1998 Opel Combo B: It has begun, and it's stalled - Build thread and FB page
    2009 Holden Commodore VE SS: Gen IV LS power for the inner bogan

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well after around 9 months of having the headlining being held up mainly from thumb tacks. I finally decided while on holidays to getting it fixed.
    A bit of googling 1st to see how everything came off. So I didn't break or snap anything.
    Had a look at Spotlight to see what would be suitable, as I had decided on having Black. As the original colour was light Grey. I know some won't like the black. But I actually prefer it.
    The material I got is a Faux Suede. Which was on special for $14 a meter. 2 mtrs was plenty. Also used Sellys Kwik Grip Vertical. Which is good for temps up to 130c.
    Since I had some material left over. I also covered the A pillar pieces with the suede, so it blends in from the dash through to the headlining.
    Total cost $60. Took me over a week, due to finding time. But it could easily done in 2-3 days. 1st day to remove, clean & glue the material. 2nd day to trim & refit to the car.

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Forum Regular rodsfromday's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Purplehazeffc Click here to enlarge
    Well after around 9 months of having the headlining being held up mainly from thumb tacks. I finally decided while on holidays to getting it fixed.
    A bit of googling 1st to see how everything came off. So I didn't break or snap anything.
    Had a look at Spotlight to see what would be suitable, as I had decided on having Black. As the original colour was light Grey. I know some won't like the black. But I actually prefer it.
    The material I got is a Faux Suede. Which was on special for $14 a meter. 2 mtrs was plenty. Also used Sellys Kwik Grip Vertical. Which is good for temps up to 130c.
    Since I had some material left over. I also covered the A pillar pieces with the suede, so it blends in from the dash through to the headlining.
    Total cost $60. Took me over a week, due to finding time. But it could easily done in 2-3 days. 1st day to remove, clean & glue the material. 2nd day to trim & refit to the car.

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Great job!! How much of that kwik grip did you need?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2004 Astra SXi Black,Kenwood KDC-X9006U Head unit,12' RF sub,Pioneer amp,RF sunstrip,Midnight Express Tints,Eibach Pro-Kit,18" Apec ASUS + OPELISE.
    Click here to enlarge
    [/url]

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers. Was the 1st time that I've ever tackled anything like this.
    I got a 1lt tin of Kwik Grip from Bunnings for around $25. Used just over half of that
    Started with just the middle 1st till around 20cm from the edges. Got that all smoothed out with a credit card. As you can see in the pic
    Then done the outside, so I could form around the curves & indents from the grab handles & sunvisor

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You've done a nice job! Hope the dash for my rally car comes out as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great work! One of those repairs that would permanently stay on the "one day" list for most, good on you for jumping into it

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
    2013 Opel Astra Tourer - 2.0 Turbo Diesel

Thread Information