Page 1316 of 1353 FirstFirst ... 3168161216126613061312131313141315131613171318131913201326 ... LastLast
Results 13,151 to 13,160 of 13522
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally got around to getting the timing belt done. Glad i got the mechs to do it cos it took them a considerable amount of time and effort just to get the old water pump out as it had corroded into the block. Unfortunately picked up a rattle and now 200kms later a P0340 code for cam angle sensor so i guess i'll be going back....

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DRMAT Click here to enlarge
    Finally got around to getting the timing belt done. Glad i got the mechs to do it cos it took them a considerable amount of time and effort just to get the old water pump out as it had corroded into the block. Unfortunately picked up a rattle and now 200kms later a P0340 code for cam angle sensor so i guess i'll be going back....
    Oh, the dreaded Z18XE water pump. Both @Sammich and I had recent tanglings with them lol.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently took them two hours and a lot of swearing to get it out lol He showed me the old one and it sure looked like it'd had the hell beaten out of it lol

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I removed mine in pieces, was the only way to get it off....

Click here to enlarge

I refuse to do another z18xe timing belt after this....

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sammich Click here to enlarge
    I removed mine in pieces, was the only way to get it off....

Click here to enlarge

I refuse to do another z18xe timing belt after this....

I second this.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thing is these seized on water pumps are usually the results of two things. One is not changing the water pump with the belt and the other is not using the correct coolant.

My usual method for removing bastard pumps like these is unbolt the intake manifold, remove rear coolant pipe, take a socket extension, place in the hole at the back of the pump housing and beat the crap out of it. You might think it's the long way round, but it's longer if you waste time thinking about doing it. Inlet manifold gaskets on the Z18XE are metal and you can usually get away with reusing them.

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk
    2001 Opel Corsa C SRi: Z20LET EDS stage 3.5 173.9kW @ the wheels Build thread and here on FB: http://www.facebook.com/corsasriz20let
    2018 Ford Transit 290S: Transit #2, in that order and it's also a POS
    1998 Opel Combo B: It has begun, and it's stalled - Build thread and FB page
    2009 Holden Commodore VE SS: Gen IV LS power for the inner bogan

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by chris_r Click here to enlarge
    Thing is these seized on water pumps are usually the results of two things. One is not changing the water pump with the belt and the other is not using the correct coolant.

My usual method for removing bastard pumps like these is unbolt the intake manifold, remove rear coolant pipe, take a socket extension, place in the hole at the back of the pump housing and beat the crap out of it. You might think it's the long way round, but it's longer if you waste time thinking about doing it. Inlet manifold gaskets on the Z18XE are metal and you can usually get away with reusing them.

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk
    I tried that method, pump was so stuck into the block with a buildup of minerals even bashing if from behind wouldn't work.

3lb hammer, cold chisel a dremel and a drill was the only way I could get it out and even then took several hours.

Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Yeah i did the bashing from the back while i had a z18 on the engine stand. Smashed it that hard that i actually punched straight through the water pump. Took my over an hour of smashing and grinding to remove it. Couldnt imagine what itd take if it was still in the car

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
    OPEL ADDICT 1994 CORSA B 1.5D (ENGLAND) 2001 CORSA C 1.2L (ENGLAND) 2004 CORSA C 1.4L (SOLD) 2004 3.2 V6 VECTRA GTS (SOLD)
    1994 CORSA B GSI C16 CONVERTED TO Z18XE (SOLD) 2001 ASTRA VAN Z16SE (CURRENT)

Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a few pics of doing mine back in March this year. Water pump & belt had been in there for around 120,000kms. Good coolant was used & changed once in that time.
    I was using my spring compressors as a kind of a puller with a hammer & WD 40 until it finally popped out
    I think if you do it every 60,000kms, the water pump should Click here to enlarge come out a lot easier. It took me from around 2pm till I stopped at 5:30pm. And then another hour the next morning to get out.
    Would I do the next one ?? Yeah for what a mechanic charges, I sure would.

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The method that ended up working on mine was a several kilo long metal bar being held against the pulley from the top and a second person with a sledge hammer giving some good hard swings. It lasted about 1 minute before it broke free. Prior to that, I spent the whole day hammering with smaller hammers and chisels/prybars trying to get it free. And this was on a 25,000-30,000km old pump.

Thread Information