Page 1307 of 1353 FirstFirst ... 3078071207125712971303130413051306130713081309131013111317 ... LastLast
Results 13,061 to 13,070 of 13522
    OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't say that I have noticed any of the oil I have tried getting any darker in colour between them
    I do agree that if you are using a quality oil, of any brand with the right specs for your engine. They all do pretty much the same.
    As long as you change it regular with the filter, you should be all good.

Yeah even at 292xxx km, it still drives very well. It has a slight oil leak somewhere underneath. But it doesn't blow any smoke whatsoever.

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by faneca Click here to enlarge
    I hired a new fabricator to build my manifold as the old one called Friday saying he would be in Saturday to explain where he had been for 3 weeks and why he wasn't answering his phone, only to not show up Saturday.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk
    WOW, that bloke needs a massive Click here to enlarge
    New, Peugeot 308 GTi 270 MY18 Pearlescent White.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...554#post821554

Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by adam_92 Click here to enlarge
    BS!!! You serious man?!

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
    Yep
    @dutchy, New fabricator begins work on Monday. Provided he gets this week's jobs done as planned.
    Good news is he will be working at the workshop rather than his own. So will be there all day working on it. Said it should be roughly 3-4 days on the manifold then look at ic and down pipes

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by faneca Click here to enlarge
    Yep
    @dutchy, New fabricator begins work on Monday. Provided he gets this week's jobs done as planned.
    Good news is he will be working at the workshop rather than his own. So will be there all day working on it. Said it should be roughly 3-4 days on the manifold then look at ic and down pipes

Need to borrow my whip?

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
    New, Peugeot 308 GTi 270 MY18 Pearlescent White.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...554#post821554

OpelAus Forum Regular Gsi_Bryce's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For those unaware I have added 2 more opels to the collection I bought twin calibra's, one is a wreck with a good working low KM engine while other body is straight and in decent condition with a worn out engine with a water leak from core plugs, though i haven't completely made up my mind what will happen with the cars I know for certain I will be keeping one engine as a spare for the Barina and will also be holding onto the original alloys

Click here to enlarge

Today I decided I would take it upon myself to sort out the interior of the good body Cali this included greasing sunroof tracks and replacing switch, cleaning everything! Pulling off door cards from both vehicles using parts from each set to make one decent set various gluing will also need doing, hazard light switched replaced and few other cosmetics to get the car at a standard, I'm very happy with the turn out and makes me feel like I can create a good opportunity here to get the Cali back on the road as I do more work I will write up slight updates.

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Next week I will be custom modifying my Astra AH front grill and fog light covers.
    I'll be using a type mesh that'll hopefully give it a different look and hopefully will get better air flow to engine and front brakes.
    Then it's time wash, slight polish, sealant then wax. Oh and then clean interior which is going to take hours as I've let it go since my vacuum blew up so have to get a wet and dry vacuum from supercheap or have a look at new detailing store I found at fivedock.
    I'll post pics of before and after pics of front bumper when it's done.
    Have a good weekend all! 😀👍

Sent from my 5042G using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spent a good chunk of the day cleaning inner arches (ct18 and then a spray of moto dirt repellent) still wouldn't eat off them but an improvement.... Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Then scrubbed the wheels with chemguys diablo wheel gel then a coat of FK1000P sealant front and back need a few more days for the rest of the car now......
    Click here to enlarge

sent from my LG G4
    2013 Opel Astra Tourer - 2.0 Turbo Diesel

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got a matched pair of second hand Continental Contisport Contact 5 tyres in 225/45-17 Y-rated fitted up to my rear wheels to replace the down to the TWI Sport Contact 2's that were starting to rumble louder than I liked. Don't know what Contisport 5's go for brand new retail, but pretty sure these were a decent bargain at $110ea. with about 80% tread left and no kerb sidewall damage.

I did get a quote for a brand new pair of Continental MC5 to match the fronts at $149ea. but the MC5 is a very much lower down the range Continental tyre than the Sport Contacts and the Sport Contact 5 is just about the highest version in that range and the Y-rated is the highest rated speed range too. I'm guessing they're a ~$250 tyre at least. Cleaned the wheels and put them back on and took it for a settle-in drive. Very nice ride indeed and all the rumbling noise in the rear from the tyre roar is completely gone. Balanced up perfectly too with no more weight than what came off with the old tyres.

First time with trying second hand tyres and I'd call it a great success. I will go second hand again.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Decided today she is going up for sale. will need to sort some cosmetic things out, but once i have it'll be time to part with the Corsa. Country roads and short wheel base, lowered, stiff ride hatchbacks do not mix. The missus is commuting 200km per day and the Focus is even worse on it's coil overs. Worst of the things that need doing is sorting out the stone chips in the bonnet. there's plenty f them. not sure whether to respray the bonnet (which probably means blending in the guards and front bar, or simply filling the chips and covering the bonnet in vinyl wrap. both going to cost $$$ though

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mondo Click here to enlarge
    Decided today she is going up for sale. will need to sort some cosmetic things out, but once i have it'll be time to part with the Corsa. Country roads and short wheel base, lowered, stiff ride hatchbacks do not mix. The missus is commuting 200km per day and the Focus is even worse on it's coil overs. Worst of the things that need doing is sorting out the stone chips in the bonnet. there's plenty f them. not sure whether to respray the bonnet (which probably means blending in the guards and front bar, or simply filling the chips and covering the bonnet in vinyl wrap. both going to cost $$$ though
    Have you settled on an asking price yet? (Can PM or Facebook message me if you like.)

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

Thread Information