Page 1306 of 1353 FirstFirst ... 3068061206125612961302130313041305130613071308130913101316 ... LastLast
Results 13,051 to 13,060 of 13522
    OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so car has been off the road for the last few months finally got to drive it today, only did 8km's as it is still in the testing phase...

latest batch of mods were as follows:

Remove turbo to fix broken manifold stud
    RND Underdrive pulley and A/C delete kit
    Biggest Blackest Intercooler
    Modified front bumper
    Bilstein B14 setup
    2 Girls Racing Adjustable drop links
    Gaz Solid Strut Tops
    Vibra Technics side engine mount
    Replace all vac lines with 3mm silicone hoses
    Silicone Radiator hoses
    Rocker cover gasket
    Braided Brake Lines
    VXR front Discs
    Renault Megane Brembo Calipers
    Project MU HC800 Pads
    Powdercoated my Alfa 159 wheels white
    changed steering wheel to black leather SRI
    fitted opel badge to steering wheel
    replaced battery (under warranty yay!)
    removed bonnet lining

there is probably more i have forgotten lol, still got a few little things to do in this round of mods:

Fit rear suspension
    Fit camber bolts and shims
    Fit Rear Anti Roll Bar
    Fit Oil catch Can
    Fabricate custom intake setup.

i am very happy with how the car is looking now front end looks so mean....

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spent the better part of today trying to get the water pump out on my old Corsa for my brother. Hours and hours of wailing away on it with metal bars and hammers. In the end it took a 2" thick 4kg metal bar and a sledge hammer and a number of very hard wacks to get it to break free from the block. Can't say this is a job I ever want to do again on a Z18XE. Yesterday afternoon when I started all of this I was also trying to get the crank pulley bolt off and had the belt jump a few teeth *facepalm* so had to take the belt off and manually time it all up. Only to be greeted with a seized pump anyway.

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sammich Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Love that pic Click here to enlarge
    New, Peugeot 308 GTi 270 MY18 Pearlescent White.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...554#post821554

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    chucked some new rims on the Focus.

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Tonight i fixed the brakes on the van, also fixed the fuel gauge as it wasnt showing the level.

Received new wheels last night. 3 piece forged porsche wheels
    Click here to enlarge

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
    OPEL ADDICT 1994 CORSA B 1.5D (ENGLAND) 2001 CORSA C 1.2L (ENGLAND) 2004 CORSA C 1.4L (SOLD) 2004 3.2 V6 VECTRA GTS (SOLD)
    1994 CORSA B GSI C16 CONVERTED TO Z18XE (SOLD) 2001 ASTRA VAN Z16SE (CURRENT)

Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I replaced front discs last week.
    Today i changed oil and oil filter with nulon 10w 40 full synthetic and a ryco platinum oil filter. New air filter and NGK ZFR5F-11 spark plugs.
    The car had NGK ZFR5F plugs in it but when I checked on the NGK page they recommend ZFR5F-11 which has a 1.1mm gap whereas the ZFR5F which supercheap said were the correct plug have a 0.8mm gap. I thought I'd go with what NGK recommend over supercheap but was wondering what u guys use in your z18xe?Mines a 05 AH. It's running fine but would like to see what plugs u guys use? Surely if they were the wrong plugs i would be able to feel a difference when idling or it would be spluttering wouldn't it?

Sent from my 5042G using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I hired a new fabricator to build my manifold as the old one called Friday saying he would be in Saturday to explain where he had been for 3 weeks and why he wasn't answering his phone, only to not show up Saturday.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by faneca Click here to enlarge
    I hired a new fabricator to build my manifold as the old one called Friday saying he would be in Saturday to explain where he had been for 3 weeks and why he wasn't answering his phone, only to not show up Saturday.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk
    BS!!! You serious man?!

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
    OPEL ADDICT 1994 CORSA B 1.5D (ENGLAND) 2001 CORSA C 1.2L (ENGLAND) 2004 CORSA C 1.4L (SOLD) 2004 3.2 V6 VECTRA GTS (SOLD)
    1994 CORSA B GSI C16 CONVERTED TO Z18XE (SOLD) 2001 ASTRA VAN Z16SE (CURRENT)

Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by shifty Click here to enlarge
    I replaced front discs last week.
    Today i changed oil and oil filter with nulon 10w 40 full synthetic and a ryco platinum oil filter. New air filter and NGK ZFR5F-11 spark plugs.
    The car had NGK ZFR5F plugs in it but when I checked on the NGK page they recommend ZFR5F-11 which has a 1.1mm gap whereas the ZFR5F which supercheap said were the correct plug have a 0.8mm gap. I thought I'd go with what NGK recommend over supercheap but was wondering what u guys use in your z18xe?Mines a 05 AH. It's running fine but would like to see what plugs u guys use? Surely if they were the wrong plugs i would be able to feel a difference when idling or it would be spluttering wouldn't it?

I'm using the Denso Iridium Twin Tip plugs in my Z18XE. With the gap set to 1.1mm. 01 TS Astra that"s now done 293,xxx K's
    It runs smooth as it ever has & get an easy 650k's to a tank running 95 Fuel. I'm also using 10w 40 Full Synthetic, though with Penrite Full Zinc

Got my plugs from E-bay over 8-10 months ago
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/DENSO-IRI...8AAOSwuMFUl36K

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Purplehazeffc Click here to enlarge
    I'm using the Denso Iridium Twin Tip plugs in my Z18XE. With the gap set to 1.1mm. 01 TS Astra that"s now done 293,xxx K's
    It runs smooth as it ever has & get an easy 650k's to a tank running 95 Fuel. I'm also using 10w 40 Full Synthetic, though with Penrite Full Zinc

Got my plugs from E-bay over 8-10 months ago
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/DENSO-IRI...8AAOSwuMFUl36K
    I hope mines still going strong at 292xxxkm , im at 152xxxkm and starting to hate looking at odometer even though it still goes great.
    I'm happy to hear yours uses a plug gap of 1.1mm bcoz even though there's afew years difference and I think the only difference between a 01 and 05 z18xe is ecu related iirc, so plug gap should be the same.
    Do u find Penrite full synthetic 10w 40 full zinc goes dark really quickly? I usually use nulon full synthetic 10w 40 which is still pretty clean after 5000km but i got penrite on special and tried it but it went really dark after 1500km? I dunno if its a good or bad thing as I I've heard that means it's cleaning the carbon etc out of the engine but I've also heard it could be burning. I went back to nulon this time. Tbh i dont think it'd make much difference as long as it's a quality full synthetic oil I use as im doing oil changes every 5000km and replacing oil filter with ryco platinum.
    Thanks for the help mate

Thread Information