Page 1302 of 1353 FirstFirst ... 30280212021252129212981299130013011302130313041305130613121352 ... LastLast
Results 13,011 to 13,020 of 13522
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by chris_r Click here to enlarge
    Torque won't usually show any codes on the Corsa C. You need to try the ScanMyOpel app. Sounds like coil pack though.
    So I took the plugs out today and they were nearly black, smelt like fuel but could be from me trying to start it a fair bit after reseating the coil pack etc.

Noticed that the plugs were different part numbers though.
    2x were BKR6EK
    2x were BKR6EKB (Same plug just a longer electrode)

bought them 3 or 4 years ago before I knew I needed glasses so that explains a bit. Decided to chuck in a nice set of BKR6EIX NGK iridium plugs as I probably needed new ones anyways however this didn't solve the problem so it has to be the coil pack.

Luckily a mate who used to own a z22se astra was accidentally sent the z18xe coil pack from a company, they didn't ask him to send it back so its sat in his shed since. Gonna try that tonight and if it works buy it off him.

Does anyone know if there is some sort of ignition upgrade that you can do on the z18xe? this will be the second coil pack ive gone through in 4 years, unsure if this part is known to fail so often.
    Also one thing I noticed is that there was a worrying amount of oil around the plug threads and some down the plug shafts too, I know when my mate filled it with oil he spilt a decent amount down near the coil pack/plug area, just wondering if this would be leftover from that. Its not blowing smoke and there was no oil residue on the plug tips, also there was no oil residue coming from around the inner part of the valve cover gasket.

Just a tad worried...

Will update with pics later, just on the work comp atm.
    Holden Barina XC SRI
    16.23 Second 1/4 Mile, No boost..... Yet
    "-I'd rather loose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch cause someone else built it for me. Your car, is your story, so don't let someone else write the book." ~Moog

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are the coil packs genuine GM?
    '03 Arden Turbo "Tegan"
    '15 Fiesta ST "Tiffany"

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They were second hand genuine OEM GM. Just had my mate text me a pic of the coil pack and its off the z14xe so its not the right one.

The hunt continues...

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
    Holden Barina XC SRI
    "-I'd rather loose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch cause someone else built it for me. Your car, is your story, so don't let someone else write the book." ~Moog

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the plugs are black it's definitely too much fuel, probably coil pack failing and not sparking properly and burning all fuel so you end up with a rich mixture

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    washed, waxed, plastidipped some bits and stickered her up for my assault on the mountain. looking forward to two hill climb events at Mt Panorama this weekend. Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Have fun mate rip it up, gonna be an EPIC weekend of driving!

Got the camera loaded for some snaps
    Arden Blue VXR- EDS 335PS 480NM
    Now
    VW Golf R MK6 Stage 2+

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Installed a new (second hand wreckers in vgc) coil pack today. And well shes still doing something silly. Kinda sounds like its on one cylinder now.

Did the pedal test and only codes that came up were from the egr and the maf. Both of which i unplugged to see if they might be causing the issue.

No missfire codes though.

Im guessing it could be the crank angle sensor now as its the only thing i know of that would effect the timing so much.

Heres a video of it in action.

Any help is greatly appreciated...

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
    Holden Barina XC SRI

Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Went in and paid more off my tab at Harry's lol
    Took some pictures too she is back on the ground!

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SSC Rnd 2 - Finally the car was prep'd, aligned, washed, and ready to go.
    GOPR0106sm.jpg

Apart from a couple of small issues (like shift light not working >.< ), my lack of track time over the past few years definatley showed in the times. 2sec off my PB, when should have been 2sec up.
    On the upside, good to be back out there and my group was fairly even paced so had some fun.

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    finally got the waterpump out of the corsa, it was basically seized to the block with 1mm of mineral buildup the whole way around..... it came out in about 30 pieces though as i had to use a dremel, drill and a cold chisel to get it out.....

Thread Information