Page 1288 of 1353 FirstFirst ... 28878811881238127812841285128612871288128912901291129212981338 ... LastLast
Results 12,871 to 12,880 of 13522
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SilentShout Click here to enlarge
    Guess whos back Click here to enlarge well sorta.

Just a quick update, finally found somewhere to host my pics of the build so far, and engine is back together, Friday I will be taking the caissis up to brissy where the install will occur. my build thread will finally be updated after a long while, prepare for z18xe spam Click here to enlarge

theres a few more tutorials on the horizon, I know I keep saying ill be updating but work has always gotten the better of me.

Quick question, what is the best way to obtain the bung that converts the idiotic canister thing to the screw on filter??? trying to sort something out before Friday, I have a mate who works for Cummings seeing if he can tap the standard bung for the canister so it will work (its the right size etc)

Also have him retapping the damn sump hole as the thread was stripped by the previous owner, while hes there hes going to install a return bung into the side for when the hairdryer is finally installed.

It feels good to be back.
    Might see you driving around the coast finally! Sounds like we need to terrorize the streets hahaha
    2004 Arden Blue TS Astri SRi Turbo

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not for at least 500kms though, as the engine will need to be run in first Click here to enlarge

Cant take it over 3000rpm Click here to enlarge it will be a sad time
    Holden Barina XC SRI
    16.23 Second 1/4 Mile, No boost..... Yet
    "-I'd rather loose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch cause someone else built it for me. Your car, is your story, so don't let someone else write the book." ~Moog

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Playing with the new corsa trying to fix some codes it is throwing. Pulled off the throttle body, it looked OK from the top, definetly not OK under the flap.

Before :
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

After:
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Holy SHIVERS!

That's a magic job on the clean too. I love epic before/afters like that!

M

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sammich Click here to enlarge
    Playing with the new corsa trying to fix some codes it is throwing. Pulled off the throttle body, it looked OK from the top, definetly not OK under the flap.

Before :
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

After:
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Do u have to take the throttle body off to clean it or can u just open the butterfly and clean with a toothbrush etc? I heard pushing the butterfly open can damage ECU and that's definitely something I don't wanna do. Mines only a year old but every few months I've just been spraying throttle body cleaner down it but I don't think it cleans it unless u actually wipe off the crap. I'd rather be able to push butterfly open and clean it every month or so than completely take it off but is it true that it can damage ECU?
    Good job by the way, looks almost new

Sent from my 5042G using Tapatalk

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Need to take off to clean bottom of it.

Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    As above. Remove to clean. You'll only need to do it once every few years. Also make sure you have a replacement gasket if you damage original when removing.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk
    04 Astra Sri - Silver - Full red leather interior - mk4 888 wheels - Star light roof lining - lowered - ice - exhaust - vxr brakes - quite a few other things.
    my ride - no longer faster than qlds sri-t's
    OEM+
    04 Astra Linea Rossa - Build thread

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mines only a year old, I've done around 20000km with it. Do u think it'd need a clean yet? The cars running fine.

Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by shifty Click here to enlarge
    Mines only a year old, I've done around 20000km with it. Do u think it'd need a clean yet? The cars running fine.

I wouldn't even touch it
    04 Astra Sri - Silver - Full red leather interior - mk4 888 wheels - Star light roof lining - lowered - ice - exhaust - vxr brakes - quite a few other things.
    my ride - no longer faster than qlds sri-t's
    OEM+
    04 Astra Linea Rossa - Build thread

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly, I wouldn't touch it either, I don't think the throttle body i pulled off had been touched in the 180k kms of being driven, and whoever cleaned it last just did the top of it.

Thread Information