Page 1287 of 1353 FirstFirst ... 28778711871237127712831284128512861287128812891290129112971337 ... LastLast
Results 12,861 to 12,870 of 13522
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    With the engine mounts, I am running a Vibra Technics RHS engine mount (road spec) in the Corsa. Well worth the coin. No increase in NVH, and less hopping during wheelspin.

Other news, got my new rear brake hoses for the Astra brakes today. In addition to painting the other rear caliper the other day. Not to mention, also progressed a bit more on removing the insulated enclosure in the Combo.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    2001 Opel Corsa C SRi: Z20LET EDS stage 3.5 173.9kW @ the wheels Build thread and here on FB: http://www.facebook.com/corsasriz20let
    2018 Ford Transit 290S: Transit #2, in that order and it's also a POS
    1998 Opel Combo B: It has begun, and it's stalled - Build thread and FB page
    2009 Holden Commodore VE SS: Gen IV LS power for the inner bogan

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice Chris. I went to start the new corsa last night and battery was flat... Put it on charge overnight and no better. Looked through the service book and battery is still under warranty Click here to enlarge dropped battery off for testing and put the astra battery in it temporarily.

Went to put fuel in it and it had no petrol cap so the good and the bad come with this car lol but for $500 it seems amazingly good.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sammich Click here to enlarge
    Nice Chris. I went to start the new corsa last night and battery was flat... Put it on charge overnight and no better. Looked through the service book and battery is still under warranty Click here to enlarge dropped battery off for testing and put the astra battery in it temporarily.

Went to put fuel in it and it had no petrol cap so the good and the bad come with this car lol but for $500 it seems amazingly good.

For that money, you get a lot more car than you think. Having owned both B & C Corsas and considering they're practically built on the same floorpan to a degree, the C is miles ahead in terms of handling, a lot of that is down to the EPAS setup. People think it's a fluke it won 2001 Wheels Car of the Year, but I think when you drive one on the limit, it's better than a lot of other cars out there. But then again, I've probably become biased over the last few years.

And Dave, another hint too. If you have an OP-COM (or access to one), you can usually extract the security code with it. Under the instrument cluster menu, there's a button titled "EEPROM Menu". In here you can read the security code and possibly set the kms (although, I haven't got that to work myself when I changed clusters). It works on the Corsa because the code is stored in both the ECU and the dash cluster, with the OP-COM being able to dump the code from the cluster. However, if you change clusters the ECU code doesn't change and the new security code in the cluster doesn't work with the original ECU.
    2001 Opel Corsa C SRi: Z20LET EDS stage 3.5 173.9kW @ the wheels Build thread and here on FB: http://www.facebook.com/corsasriz20let
    2018 Ford Transit 290S: Transit #2, in that order and it's also a POS
    1998 Opel Combo B: It has begun, and it's stalled - Build thread and FB page
    2009 Holden Commodore VE SS: Gen IV LS power for the inner bogan

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do have a opcom Chris, but I haven't played around with it much other than reading codes from the car. Will have a big of a play and see what I can do.

Started to derestrict the intake today but can't decide if I should drill the Airbox aswell or just get a cheap pod. I need induction noise lol.

Also looking at a egr delete and trying to see what else I can do to the car on the cheap as my wife has said I can't really spend money on mods for this one lol.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do have a opcom Chris, but I haven't played around with it much other than reading codes from the car. Will have a big of a play and see what I can do.

Started to derestrict the intake today but can't decide if I should drill the Airbox aswell or just get a cheap pod. I need induction noise lol.

Also looking at a egr delete and trying to see what else I can do to the car on the cheap as my wife has said I can't really spend money on mods for this one lol.

Amen, I know that feeling *my partner's the same* haha!
    2004 Arden Blue TS Astri SRi Turbo

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is not that lol it is more that it is supposed to be a daily for now, mod money goes on the astra, which is nearly complete. She has been very supportive of the astra build and not complained at all with my spending on it.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is not that lol it is more that it is supposed to be a daily for now, mod money goes on the astra, which is nearly complete. She has been very supportive of the astra build and not complained at all with my spending on it.

Lucky bastard, I'm stuck equal spending haha - I build a motor, that mean's I also build a new kitchen.....
    2004 Arden Blue TS Astri SRi Turbo

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What have you done to your car lately? not me, but some other jerks have damaged the Corsa. I washed it last week and found that someone had opened their door into the rear quarter panel causing a depression and scratch about 15mm long (we have angled parking out here so i would guess that's why it was so far back on the car. Add to that, someone has decided to draw on the door with a key or coin or something similar and there is quite a large wavy line scratch on the door. Some people are just scum.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ConZo Click here to enlarge
    Lucky bastard, I'm stuck equal spending haha - I build a motor, that mean's I also build a new kitchen.....
    So far I'm at kitchen, ensuite, and laundry..... But still only one engine. Really need to practice my negotiation skills!

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guess whos back Click here to enlarge well sorta.

Just a quick update, finally found somewhere to host my pics of the build so far, and engine is back together, Friday I will be taking the caissis up to brissy where the install will occur. my build thread will finally be updated after a long while, prepare for z18xe spam Click here to enlarge

theres a few more tutorials on the horizon, I know I keep saying ill be updating but work has always gotten the better of me.

Quick question, what is the best way to obtain the bung that converts the idiotic canister thing to the screw on filter??? trying to sort something out before Friday, I have a mate who works for Cummings seeing if he can tap the standard bung for the canister so it will work (its the right size etc)

Also have him retapping the damn sump hole as the thread was stripped by the previous owner, while hes there hes going to install a return bung into the side for when the hairdryer is finally installed.

It feels good to be back.
    Holden Barina XC SRI
    16.23 Second 1/4 Mile, No boost..... Yet
    "-I'd rather loose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch cause someone else built it for me. Your car, is your story, so don't let someone else write the book." ~Moog

Thread Information