Page 1259 of 1353 FirstFirst ... 25975911591209124912551256125712581259126012611262126312691309 ... LastLast
Results 12,581 to 12,590 of 13522
    OpelAus Forum Regular mylifeasbenjamin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sammich Click here to enlarge
    Ben, check out enhance Motorsport, they do a full metal intake. I know conzo made his with some silicone hoses and a 90 degree bend.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Cheers mate, will look them up.
    I was looking at getting the piping and making one up. What diameter is the turbo intake? Rest of piping is 80mm, so I'd need a 80mm to top of turbo, 80mm metal 90 degree metal bend and an 80mm joiner to the maf?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ben, check out enhance Motorsport, they do a full metal intake. I know conzo made his with some silicone hoses and a 90 degree bend.

Haha yep! I've made the same intake twice now so I can do it with my eyes shut.

I got my parts from a place in the US this time around, they only took a week or so to arrive and the whole intake including filter cost me well under $200 landed.

The only thing not on the below list is the pod filter bracket I bought from Supercheap which sits under the intake and bolts to the engine mount bolt $10 part.

Click here to enlarge
    2004 Arden Blue TS Astri SRi Turbo

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Today I took off both number plates, drilled them to line up with the factory location mounting holes in the F+R SRi bumpers, sourced some metal thread countersunk head screws, nuts & washers, bought a pack of those plastic push on screw cap covers and remounted the number plates properly through bolting with nuts & washers on the backside and some loctite to keep them there.

Very simple task you would expect to take about 30mins tops, but actually ended up taking half the day. No doubt which is why the dealership apes just offer up the new number plate and drill through the existing holes to self-tap into the plastic of the bumper wherever that happens to be, simultaneously ruining a perfectly good bumper and not using the mounting points that are factory provided for the job.

I didn't go the extent of patching up the self-tapped holes drilled into the bumper by other morons before me, because how I've mounted the number plates properly now, conceals the previous holes completely, but if it hadn't then I would have had to do that as well. Not so easy to get to the back side for through bolting. Rear didn't need any disassembly, just small hands and long fingers to reach around up under the rear SRi bumper. The front however needed to have its grille taken out both upper and lower sections to get access. Fortunately was able to get this done without breaking any fastenings and plastic clips. Very unusual since both items are almost entirely held in place with nothing more than plastic spring clips!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What have you done to your car lately?

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ConZo Click here to enlarge
    Haha yep! I've made the same intake twice now so I can do it with my eyes shut.

I got my parts from a place in the US this time around, they only took a week or so to arrive and the whole intake including filter cost me well under $200 landed.

The only thing not on the below list is the pod filter bracket I bought from Supercheap which sits under the intake and bolts to the engine mount bolt $10 part.

Click here to enlarge
    Thanks for that man!
    I'd need 3.25 inch piping for a VXR?

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeh, exactly right. So where ever it says 2.75 replace that with 3.25

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you get the stuff from https://www.mycarperformance.com.au you can just get the pipes in mm rather than inches aswell.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeh, exactly right. So where ever it says 2.75 replace that with 3.25

Can't get 3.25 mm metal bend pipe. So I'll have to go from turbo into 3.5", 3.5" metal pipe, and then instead of a straight connector to the MAF, I would have to have a drop down 3.5" to 3.25" pipe. I think

If you get the stuff from https://www.mycarperformance.com.au you can just get the pipes in mm rather than inches aswell.

But I'll try these guys first

Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Installed hidden reverse sensors in the zafira.

Click here to enlarge
    04 Astra Sri - Silver - Full red leather interior - mk4 888 wheels - Star light roof lining - lowered - ice - exhaust - vxr brakes - quite a few other things.
    my ride - no longer faster than qlds sri-t's
    OEM+
    04 Astra Linea Rossa - Build thread

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mylifeasbenjamin Click here to enlarge
    Can't get 3.25 mm metal bend pipe.
    Mate, 3.25 mm metal pipe is rather small, try a straw.........
    New, Peugeot 308 GTi 270 MY18 Pearlescent White.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...554#post821554

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dutchy Click here to enlarge
    Mate, 3.25 mm metal pipe is rather small, try a straw.........
    Ahaha I meant 3.25 inches

Thread Information