Page 1253 of 1353 FirstFirst ... 25375311531203124312491250125112521253125412551256125712631303 ... LastLast
Results 12,521 to 12,530 of 13522
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Soooooo fkn keeen!!!!! I actually cant wait hahaha

OpelAus Forum Regular mylifeasbenjamin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge

Is that an OBD connector on a 01 Vectra, and can it be read with a normal scan tool?

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mylifeasbenjamin Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Is that an OBD connector on a 01 Vectra, and can it be read with a normal scan tool?
    Yep. OP-COM works fine on these models, don't know about the generic ELM327 readers, but it won't hurt to give it a shot.
    2001 Opel Corsa C SRi: Z20LET EDS stage 3.5 173.9kW @ the wheels Build thread and here on FB: http://www.facebook.com/corsasriz20let
    2018 Ford Transit 290S: Transit #2, in that order and it's also a POS
    1998 Opel Combo B: It has begun, and it's stalled - Build thread and FB page
    2009 Holden Commodore VE SS: Gen IV LS power for the inner bogan

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I finally got hold of a new brake master cylinder for the Corsa this week and fitted it up. I then bled the brakes and YAY no more sinking pedal! It all seemed perfect so I put the car back together, got the wheels back on and took it to the petrol station about 1.5km from my place to check the tire pressures. I arrived and get checking. Once I'm done I throw the car in reverse to pull out and let the clutch out, the car binds and rides up on the suspension as though I have the hand brake on. I check down and it's definitely off. So I get out and check that nothing rolled under the tires or anything. All clear, so I try pull off again and it becomes apparent that the brakes are seized. I go and feel the brakes and they are quite hot, a lot hotter than you would expect for just over 1km of travel.

So yeah, looks like the brakes are going to have to come off again to see where it's binding. I'm thinking it's either the slide pins in the calipers (I didn't re-lube these when installing the pads, so that could be my mistake) or else the pistons are getting stuck and I'll have to rebuild the calipers.

Really quite pissed off now because I've decided that I want to sell the Corsa as 3 registered cars is just too much and now I'm having issues with it.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Raisin Click here to enlarge
    So I finally got hold of a new brake master cylinder for the Corsa this week and fitted it up. I then bled the brakes and YAY no more sinking pedal! It all seemed perfect so I put the car back together, got the wheels back on and took it to the petrol station about 1.5km from my place to check the tire pressures. I arrived and get checking. Once I'm done I throw the car in reverse to pull out and let the clutch out, the car binds and rides up on the suspension as though I have the hand brake on. I check down and it's definitely off. So I get out and check that nothing rolled under the tires or anything. All clear, so I try pull off again and it becomes apparent that the brakes are seized. I go and feel the brakes and they are quite hot, a lot hotter than you would expect for just over 1km of travel.

So yeah, looks like the brakes are going to have to come off again to see where it's binding. I'm thinking it's either the slide pins in the calipers (I didn't re-lube these when installing the pads, so that could be my mistake) or else the pistons are getting stuck and I'll have to rebuild the calipers.

Really quite pissed off now because I've decided that I want to sell the Corsa as 3 registered cars is just too much and now I'm having issues with it.
    Did you check the handbrake cable adjustment? Maybe have a look before you start taking the brakes off again. The adjusters are on the handbrake lever itself. Then lift each corner of the car and see which wheel has locked up. If it's not the brakes, then it could be a dud bearing, which happens quite a bit on the rears of both Corsa C & D models.
    2001 Opel Corsa C SRi: Z20LET EDS stage 3.5 173.9kW @ the wheels Build thread and here on FB: http://www.facebook.com/corsasriz20let

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by chris_r Click here to enlarge
    Did you check the handbrake cable adjustment? Maybe have a look before you start taking the brakes off again. The adjusters are on the handbrake lever itself. Then lift each corner of the car and see which wheel has locked up. If it's not the brakes, then it could be a dud bearing, which happens quite a bit on the rears of both Corsa C & D models.
    That was one of the first things I checked while still at the petrol station. I released the handbrake and looked at the rear calipers and the cable allows them to release fully. From what I can tell it's not the rears that are locking up either, it's the fronts. They got really hot in that short trip so they were obviously gripping slightly all the way and got worse as they warmed up. The rears weren't hot.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Raisin that sucks brother, best of luck with it...

I feel like I've been fairly productive this weekend. Finally got around to replacing my leaking rocker cover gasket, it wasn't bad but I am OCD and I didn't want it to start leaking down the back or into the plugs as it was only leaking at the front half moon so far.

I bought the car back just in time for its 95,000klm oil change so I decided to treat it with some good oil as well.

So far the car is back together with no leaks and everything works haha which is a change, normally when I work on it something goes wrong and I have to ring a mate to help out, silly IT guy!

And I don't have a torque wrench so I just did the rocker cover bolts up in the right order, at what feels like how they were set previously (8nm) which isn't a massive amount of torque anyways, with a light smear of gasket goo around the inner rocker channel and head to help out.

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh and I checked my plugs, it turns out a recent octane booster/injector cleaner additive I ran has turned my plugs orange due to heat, yay! So a new set of BKR6EIX are on the way...

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah, iridium plugs and fuel additives aren't a good mix.

Good choice of oil, I'm running the same in the Corsa too.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by chris_r Click here to enlarge
    Yeah, iridium plugs and fuel additives aren't a good mix.

Good choice of oil, I'm running the same in the Corsa too.
    Thanks, yeah I am hoping the plugs will continue to do their job for the next week until I can change them out next weekend.

I am waiting for my new intake to arrive from the US, a custom one. Hopefully I will get to do all this stuff next Saturday..

As for the oil, it's already a noticeably quieter on the first start up, I had HPR10 in it previously - Penrite's standard 10w-50 synthetic. I will stick with this from here on in, it is only an extra $12 or so per bottle.
    2004 Arden Blue TS Astri SRi Turbo

Thread Information