Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Public holiday today in Brisbane! Spent some time on my bike (yamaha V-max) needs a couple tyres and a roadie, hopefully get done in the next couple of weeks. Other half has just ordered some panels for the Kombi too so there goes any spare time!!

Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Drove the turbo for the first time in around 4 months, although it was just to move it off the driveway to pressure wash it. Started and ran beautifully first turn (i expected it to at least splutter a bit). Parked it on the roadside and just sat in it for a good 10 minutes. I miss driving it. Bring on october!!!

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
    OPEL ADDICT 1994 CORSA B 1.5D (ENGLAND) 2001 CORSA C 1.2L (ENGLAND) 2004 CORSA C 1.4L (SOLD) 2004 3.2 V6 VECTRA GTS (SOLD)
    1994 CORSA B GSI C16 CONVERTED TO Z18XE (SOLD) 2001 ASTRA VAN Z16SE (CURRENT)

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Started the process of removing the engine and box out of the Corsa. With the two hours I spent on it tonight, I've managed to remove everything off the front, disconnected all the hoses and electrics. Basically all that's left to remove is the driveshafts and the mounts, then lift it out, separate the box and find out what's going on with the clutch. I also managed to break the fitting for the return line on the fuel rail, so I'll have to make a trip to the wreckers and scab one off a Vectra or something.

Hopefully, I'll have the everything out tomorrow night, ready to take the flywheel in for machining on Friday if need be (assuming my clutch has indeed shat itself).
    2001 Opel Corsa C SRi: Z20LET EDS stage 3.5 173.9kW @ the wheels Build thread and here on FB: http://www.facebook.com/corsasriz20let
    2018 Ford Transit 290S: Transit #2, in that order and it's also a POS
    1998 Opel Combo B: It has begun, and it's stalled - Build thread and FB page
    2009 Holden Commodore VE SS: Gen IV LS power for the inner bogan

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by adam_92 Click here to enlarge
    Drove the turbo for the first time in around 4 months, although it was just to move it off the driveway to pressure wash it. Started and ran beautifully first turn (i expected it to at least splutter a bit). Parked it on the roadside and just sat in it for a good 10 minutes. I miss driving it. Bring on october!!!

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

I remember when I sold my first car, an Astra Mk3 that I had bought with plans to fix up before I got my license. That didn't work out so I ended up selling it, but the car had sat in our driveway with a dead battery for 2 years. When the new owner came to pick it up they brought another battery along and the car cranked over and started on the first turn as though it had just been started earlier that day. I immediately regretted selling it for the measly $250 it was going for, but I just didn't have any money at the time to finish off the work it needed to pass rego.

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    washed the pug and came close to washing the astra.
    New, Peugeot 308 GTi 270 MY18 Pearlescent White.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...554#post821554

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well, guess I'm not getting the engine out tonight then. Frigging passenger side driveshaft is proving a nightmare to try and remove. Think I might drop the subframe, as much as I didn't want to do it, but it'll probably make things a lot easier.
    2001 Opel Corsa C SRi: Z20LET EDS stage 3.5 173.9kW @ the wheels Build thread and here on FB: http://www.facebook.com/corsasriz20let

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by chris_r Click here to enlarge
    Well, guess I'm not getting the engine out tonight then. Frigging passenger side driveshaft is proving a nightmare to try and remove. Think I might drop the subframe, as much as I didn't want to do it, but it'll probably make things a lot easier.
    Tell me about it! I had serious trouble with mine on the Astra. Eventually I got fed up with it, and seeing as I was replacing the whole shaft I just pulled the shaft out by tugging with my weight on the end because I didn't care if it did anything to the CV joints.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Raisin Click here to enlarge
    Tell me about it! I had serious trouble with mine on the Astra. Eventually I got fed up with it, and seeing as I was replacing the whole shaft I just pulled the shaft out by tugging with my weight on the end because I didn't care if it did anything to the CV joints.
    Problem is, I have near on no forearm strength at present and there's practically no room to try and lever it out.

If I drop the subframe, it'll make swinging the engine out a far side easier too.

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problem is, I have near on no forearm strength at present and there's practically no room to try and lever it out.

If I drop the subframe, it'll make swinging the engine out a far side easier too.
    Chris, I know of a very good way to get the engine swinging.....
    New, Peugeot 308 GTi 270 MY18 Pearlescent White.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...554#post821554

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I tried for about 3 hours to get it out with prybars and different approach angles on mine with no luck. That sloped inner edge doesn't help things.

Thread Information