Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Took the car in for a wheel alignment. Ended up towing it home due to a clutch hydraulic problem, source yet to be determined, but clutch slave is the prime suspect.
    2001 Opel Corsa C SRi: Z20LET EDS stage 3.5 173.9kW @ the wheels Build thread and here on FB: http://www.facebook.com/corsasriz20let
    2018 Ford Transit 290S: Transit #2, in that order and it's also a POS
    1998 Opel Combo B: It has begun, and it's stalled - Build thread and FB page
    2009 Holden Commodore VE SS: Gen IV LS power for the inner bogan

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So the story of the sick Astra continues this weekend. I think I was able to solve the cause for my gearbox woes at the track last time. The cable responsible for front to back movement of the lever seemed to have come out of the bracket on the gearbox side and under hard shifting I think it was moving around rather than transmitting the shift to the gearbox. I have secured it back in place so that should be sorted now.

As far as the running issues go on the car, I ended up doing the earth mod on the loom today, however that changed nothing. It is still running extremely rich and cuts out if I try move the car. I was having a chat with @Sammich and we were considering the possibility that this could be a bad MAF too. I can see it is giving readings to the ECU in the OPCOM, but I don't know if the readings are correct.

Does anybody else perhaps have an OPCOM log from running their Z20LET with a 70mm MAF that they could send me? I would just like to compare the MAF values to the ones seen by my car.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    6hrs detailing the partners 380! It's been washed twice in its 9yr life. Barely scratched the surface but I have an ulterior motive, I'm keeping it for my daily when she gets a new car soon, thinking mk6 fist jwrc

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sskustomz Click here to enlarge
    thinking mk6 fist jwrc
    Good choice Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Raisin Click here to enlarge
    Does anybody else perhaps have an OPCOM log from running their Z20LET with a 70mm MAF that they could send me? I would just like to compare the MAF values to the ones seen by my car.
    I have a large collection of logs (I tried to start a communal pool here but it didn't really take off..) and would happily email one to you.

I will also mention though that my Astra runs and drives perfectly fine without the MAF plugged in at all. It's definitely not faulty and the ECU uses it when it is plugged in, but if I unplug the MAF and then start the engine, she'll purr away happily and still hit full boost (with a bunch of warning lights on the dash of course). Have you tried starting the car with it unplugged?

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by delemonte Click here to enlarge
    I have a large collection of logs (I tried to start a communal pool here but it didn't really take off..) and would happily email one to you.

I will also mention though that my Astra runs and drives perfectly fine without the MAF plugged in at all. It's definitely not faulty and the ECU uses it when it is plugged in, but if I unplug the MAF and then start the engine, she'll purr away happily and still hit full boost (with a bunch of warning lights on the dash of course). Have you tried starting the car with it unplugged?
    That would be great thanks! I will send you a PM later on.

Mine does run just fine with the MAF unplugged. I can take it out and boost around like usual.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

OpelAus Participant adclawrence's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got my Astra's major service done - early.

And flushed out the auto trans myself which was fun.

Get this right, (I was an idiot to not pick this up ages ago) but progressively in recent times my engine decided it was a tractor and liked to make tractor noises at idle and vibrate the interior so much when stopped at the lights I had coins jumping around in the ashtray which I had to readjust the spring on multiple times but anyway, the car was reaching 98,000kms and I just kind of put it down to Astra being Astra, but out of curiously I took a close look at the logbook and saw the timing belt kit a̶n̶d̶ ̶p̶u̶m̶p̶ was last done at 41,000kms in October 2009..

Immediately booked it in for a timing kit + pump service and a guy at Lube Mobile who had previously done a friend and family member's Astra belts I got to come around. We discovered the camshaft sensor which sits over the pulleys had crumbled insulation and was close to bare wires touching, so of course that was replaced too. All up that was $875.

And holy balls it was worth it. I didn't actually know Astras could be this responsive and quiet. It's got it's former gusto back. It drove like shit prior upon reflection..

And my auto trans fluid was looking pale brown and sad so I drained the sump, cleaned the magnet thing, connected the cooler discharge hose to a bucket and did a good flush with synthetic ATF. No longer jumps into drive and reverse.

Here's to another 60,000kms of nimble motoring.
    Last edited by adclawrence; 10th August 2015 at 12:28 PM. Reason: No mention of water pump ever being replaced in the log book previously. Same water pump from factory possibly?

Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    cleaned the inside of the zafira.
    04 Astra Sri - Silver - Full red leather interior - mk4 888 wheels - Star light roof lining - lowered - ice - exhaust - vxr brakes - quite a few other things.
    my ride - no longer faster than qlds sri-t's
    OEM+
    04 Astra Linea Rossa - Build thread

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    jammed a lazy-boy style recliner chair into the Corsa to bring out to my new home in Narrandera. i have no idea how i got it to fit, but it did. lol... wasn't much room left i can tell you and made keeping an eye on things behind me as bit difficult. reversing was almost impossible.

OpelAus Forum Regular Gsi_Bryce's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What have you done to your car lately?

Spent 2k on parts for the B including roose Cdti air box conversion for the Astra also... Will be getting a lot done on the B and making my goal of getting it on the track next year a reality,

Click here to enlarge

Thread Information