OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Painted bonnet Sunday, wet sanded half my bonnet today and gave it its first taste of rubbing compound. Next is a fine polish and then start on the other half

Sent from my Boost View 5.0 using Tapatalk

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First spot i used rubbing compound on. Cant wait to finish and hit it with the fine polish. Im happy with result so far.

Sent from my Boost View 5.0 using Tapatalk
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Fitted a tech edge wideband afr guage, and reflashed the car to eds map 335ps 480nm, boost is now around 21psi and is nice and smooth Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Forum Regular Gsi_Bryce's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Turbo Smart recirculating valve came today Friday off this week so will fit then 🏼

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Guards got rolled today.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No turning back now.
    Up and ready to be drained. Will work on the dash and key while still trying to source other parts (damn rebuild kit is giving me grief finding)

Im thinking of getting the parts seperately. Just need to find a supplyer for bearings and gaskets, rods i can order as well as piston rings. Hoping the pistons are still in working order otherwise ill need to source them too. Theres also a VRS kit readily available which will take care of the top end.

Exhaust is 90% planned out and ill start picking up the pieces for that soon.

So it begins...

Click here to enlarge

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
    Holden Barina XC SRI
    16.23 Second 1/4 Mile, No boost..... Yet
    "-I'd rather loose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch cause someone else built it for me. Your car, is your story, so don't let someone else write the book." ~Moog

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SilentShout Click here to enlarge
    No turning back now.
    Up and ready to be drained. Will work on the dash and key while still trying to source other parts (damn rebuild kit is giving me grief finding)

Im thinking of getting the parts seperately. Just need to find a supplyer for bearings and gaskets, rods i can order as well as piston rings. Hoping the pistons are still in working order otherwise ill need to source them too. Theres also a VRS kit readily available which will take care of the top end.

Exhaust is 90% planned out and ill start picking up the pieces for that soon.

So it begins...

Click here to enlarge

If you're going to the hassle of fitting new (and forged) rods, you may as well go the whole hog with forged pistons too.
    2001 Opel Corsa C SRi: Z20LET EDS stage 3.5 173.9kW @ the wheels Build thread and here on FB: http://www.facebook.com/corsasriz20let
    2018 Ford Transit 290S: Transit #2, in that order and it's also a POS
    1998 Opel Combo B: It has begun, and it's stalled - Build thread and FB page
    2009 Holden Commodore VE SS: Gen IV LS power for the inner bogan

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually i was going for the x16xe rods ( i think its those ones that bolt in but are much thicker) just forged ones are easily available so might go them. Forged pistons on the other hand... still trying to find some. People on the ccuk forums keep mentioning "cp" pistons or something. But cant find a brand.

Holden Barina XC SRI
    16.23 Second 1/4 Mile, No boost..... Yet
    "-I'd rather loose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch cause someone else built it for me. Your car, is your story, so don't let someone else write the book." ~Moog

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well the plot thickens with the Astra. After the car had hiccup on the track and threw an engine light it looked as though the MAF was dead. I hooked up my OPCOM on the weekend and confirmed that the car was not getting any reading from the MAF sensor. It was also throwing a P0100 error code.

I ordered a new MAF sensor which arrived yesterday. I put it in the car when I got home and the car is running worse than it did with the dead MAF. It isn't able to idle by itself and the car sputters and struggles with varying throttle input. It also just wants to stall if you try move the car. And now it throws a P1106 error code as soon as you try move it, but not when the car is just sitting there, even if you rev it.

I have taken a video to illustrate.

Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    @Raisin. look into the earth mod for the maf.
    04 Astra Sri - Silver - Full red leather interior - mk4 888 wheels - Star light roof lining - lowered - ice - exhaust - vxr brakes - quite a few other things.
    my ride - no longer faster than qlds sri-t's
    OEM+
    04 Astra Linea Rossa - Build thread

Thread Information