Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yep stock brakes including pads. Apparently the opc has some sort brake anti fade system on it, not really sure how it works but it does seem to work because I would get a bit of pad fade then all the sudden the brakes would become more effective again, I think it must boost the pressure and apply more rear brake. Never had any fade from the brake fluid which is impressive seen its still oe fluid.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Raisin came over to help do the major service, timing belt and pulleys done, valve gasket done. she is now ready to sell to the missus...
    "treading on the throttle pedal gives you some idea of what it might be like to blow yourself up"
    hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia: fear of long words...
    2003 Astra G Sri-T (very blaack)

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Took the SRi for a quick squirt up the road and back. Not too far, as I don't trust the front left wheel bearing at the moment, but just enough to get a feel of how the Bilsteins changed the car. And well, f*** me, they have! The ride is firm, gives really good feedback and sits stupidly flat through a corner now. Next to the RARB, this is a definite must do on these cars.

Next up, fit the Turbosmart recirc valve, the Powerflex bushes and the new knuckles/bearings when they turn up. The knuckles should be here by next Friday I'm told. Also, looking at getting a new fuel pump too, as my Walbro has a couple of minor issues. Do all this, then I'll load up the EDS stage 2 tune and have even more fun.
    2001 Opel Corsa C SRi: Z20LET EDS stage 3.5 173.9kW @ the wheels Build thread and here on FB: http://www.facebook.com/corsasriz20let
    2018 Ford Transit 290S: Transit #2, in that order and it's also a POS
    1998 Opel Combo B: It has begun, and it's stalled - Build thread and FB page
    2009 Holden Commodore VE SS: Gen IV LS power for the inner bogan

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by chris_r Click here to enlarge
    Took the SRi for a quick squirt up the road and back. Not too far, as I don't trust the front left wheel bearing at the moment, but just enough to get a feel of how the Bilsteins changed the car. And well, f*** me, they have! The ride is firm, gives really good feedback and sits stupidly flat through a corner now. Next to the RARB, this is a definite must do on these cars.

Next up, fit the Turbosmart recirc valve, the Powerflex bushes and the new knuckles/bearings when they turn up. The knuckles should be here by next Friday I'm told. Also, looking at getting a new fuel pump too, as my Walbro has a couple of minor issues. Do all this, then I'll load up the EDS stage 2 tune and have even more fun.
    Price and where to buy for the bilstines?? Looking to replace my suspension when tax comes back =)

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
    Holden Barina XC SRI
    16.23 Second 1/4 Mile, No boost..... Yet
    "-I'd rather loose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch cause someone else built it for me. Your car, is your story, so don't let someone else write the book." ~Moog

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    had the 30k service done on the Corsa recently and found the brakes to be rooted already. fronts under minimum thickness and the rears in need of skimming. i have tracked it twice, but i would have expected a bit better than that out of them? the Mondeo got tracked more and they lasted 75k (much heavier car) and the Focus (also heavier) has also done more track time and the brakes are still original with 44k on them. anyone else with a Corsa OPC had a problem like this?

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SilentShout Click here to enlarge
    Price and where to buy for the bilstines?? Looking to replace my suspension when tax comes back =)

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
    Got them from here: http://www.bilstein-shop.com/bilstei...3h9all1ogtj5l3

Note that it says Bilstein Shop, but is in fact called CarFantasy in the Netherlands. The Bilstein part number for the B14s is 47-167254 if that helps you looking around. With these coilovers, you don't need to specify whether your rear shockers use a M10 or M14 lower bolt (M10 is drum rear, M14 is for disc rear) either as there's sleeves supplied to make the smaller bolts fit. Not that it matters for the SRi, as you don't need to use the sleeves.

Now, for the total cost, is 791.75 Euro, which at the time was around $1180 landed. That includes 49.95 Euro for shipping, then 23.06 Euro for a Paypal processing fee. But for the price, these coilovers are worth every cent. They would've cost $1500+ had I bought them from the UK. Beware though, their site says they use TNT Post, which is in fact regular post.

What gets me is, the Bilsteins are cheaper than most other known brands like H&R, KW, etc. In fact the only other advantage any of the other brands have is the ability to achieve lower ride heights and if you've seen my car with these fitted, you don't really need that. Also, the H&Rs are allegedly made by Bilstein, but to their specific requirements.
    2001 Opel Corsa C SRi: Z20LET EDS stage 3.5 173.9kW @ the wheels Build thread and here on FB: http://www.facebook.com/corsasriz20let

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mondo Click here to enlarge
    had the 30k service done on the Corsa recently and found the brakes to be rooted already. fronts under minimum thickness and the rears in need of skimming. i have tracked it twice, but i would have expected a bit better than that out of them? the Mondeo got tracked more and they lasted 75k (much heavier car) and the Focus (also heavier) has also done more track time and the brakes are still original with 44k on them. anyone else with a Corsa OPC had a problem like this?
    Get some DBA T3 rotors, I believe they're the same for the TS/AH 308mm Turbo rotors (well, that's what I'm using on the SRi and the brakes are the same as the Corsa OPC/VXR models). Factory brakes seem to be utter crap on most newer vehicles, my Transit's brakes only lasted 47,000kms. Hell, even the dealer told me to get some aftermarket brakes, as they don't apparently bother with the factory crap.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah the coilovers are amazing. It's a complete night and day difference.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is that the turbosmart kompact shortie?
    If so, looks good and a nice alternative to the forge valve!

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Raisin Click here to enlarge
    Yeah the coilovers are amazing. It's a complete night and day difference.
    Exactly what @faneca said. But yes, it's made it a completely different car. Does help when you've got all 4 corners working properly as opposed to just one. Not to mention, the old strut top rubbers were munted as.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzino Click here to enlarge
    Is that the turbosmart kompact shortie?
    If so, looks good and a nice alternative to the forge valve!
    Yes, it is the Kompact Shortie in the plumb back only form. And it's nearly $100 cheaper than the genuine Forge valve at the moment too, thanks to the shocking GBP exchange rate.

Thread Information