Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mylifeasbenjamin Click here to enlarge
    Washed it. Dried it. Put it in the garage. Needs a wash again... #joyofablackcar
    Haha know those joys!

Parked it at airport parking. Always nerve racking
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Replaced valve cover gasket correctly this time. Attempted the ac clutch coil repair and gave up as its a pita to do with that damn torx hole being way too small. -.-

Cleaned up under the car so ill be able to hopefully see if there are any other leaks. The 1hr drive home hasnt shown anything but ive placed some boards under the car just in case. Only time will tell.

Bonnet squeeks now and is hard to close and open but thats because it wasnt seated properly when we put it back on. Should be a 10 min job to fix.

The damn noise is still there, i noticed there were clips missing from the timing cover lower down so it could be a rattle at idle rpm, still unsure though.

The sump plug seems to be stripped too. It only finger tightens 2-3 threads before needing a wrench. Inspected etc and made sure it was tight and sealed but next change it will need to be sorted out.

I love cars..... -.-
    Holden Barina XC SRI
    16.23 Second 1/4 Mile, No boost..... Yet
    "-I'd rather loose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch cause someone else built it for me. Your car, is your story, so don't let someone else write the book." ~Moog

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had a diff, light weight flywheel, new clutch installed and a bunch of seals replaced while they were at it.

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Re-installed my mountune intake and COBB filter. Back to making sexy noises again
    2013 Ford Focus ST
    Calibra - The only car that will institutionalise you and send you broke in the mean time

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Put new shift control cables in last night, along with the new shortened gear lever and weighted gear knob.

Underneath, noticed a little bit of oil dribbling out of the oil cooler, not a great deal, but something I should deal with soon.
    2001 Opel Corsa C SRi: Z20LET EDS stage 3.5 173.9kW @ the wheels Build thread and here on FB: http://www.facebook.com/corsasriz20let
    2018 Ford Transit 290S: Transit #2, in that order and it's also a POS
    1998 Opel Combo B: It has begun, and it's stalled - Build thread and FB page
    2009 Holden Commodore VE SS: Gen IV LS power for the inner bogan

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Had the Pug serviced.

Got a leftover can of black plastidip and sprayed 2 wheels of the Astra just to see what it would look like. Horrible so took it off.
    New, Peugeot 308 GTi 270 MY18 Pearlescent White.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...554#post821554

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Gave the missus' Pulsar a long overdue service. Oil, air and fuel filters, fresh oil, fresh plugs and new window wiper blades. Bloody thing won't know what's hit it, lol.

Went for a bit of a drive in the SRi to test the gears out. The short shift lever along with the M-Tech short shifter results in a ridiculously short shift, but with the anti-play kit fitted, it's given it a nice feel.
    2001 Opel Corsa C SRi: Z20LET EDS stage 3.5 173.9kW @ the wheels Build thread and here on FB: http://www.facebook.com/corsasriz20let
    2018 Ford Transit 290S: Transit #2, in that order and it's also a POS
    1998 Opel Combo B: It has begun, and it's stalled - Build thread and FB page
    2009 Holden Commodore VE SS: Gen IV LS power for the inner bogan

OpelAus Forum Regular Gsi_Bryce's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bought an Opel steering wheel badge for the Astra to replace the factory Holden badge, just wondering are they as easy to remove by just gently prising them off with small flat blade screw driver? (For members that don't know it's an 03 G Sri turbo)

OpelAus Forum Regular mylifeasbenjamin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What have you done to your car lately?

Click here to enlarge

Girlfriend picked up her Golf today; nice thing to drive and sounds wicked with a resonator removed.

Also, is there a anti - play kit for the VXR's?

Thread Information