Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jen Click here to enlarge
    Currently waiting to get new tyres put on. Were going with re003's but when I got here was told the entire country is out of stock due to their recent promotion. He's doing 4 continental sport 5's for the same price as continental are having the same promotion as Bridgestone had with buy 3, get the 4th free
    Score and a half

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
    2013 Ford Focus ST
    Calibra - The only car that will institutionalise you and send you broke in the mean time

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah was very keen on Cont Sportcontact 5 (just won MOTOR tyre test as well) but they don't make them in 195/45/16 Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SilentShout Click here to enlarge
    Im not in it to be a dyno queen. Numbers dont mean anything when it comes to drivability. Im just hoping the revving capability of a 1.8, high comp engine and 7 pounds of boost will be enough to make it a fun car without opening the motor or rebuilding the gearbox.

I was outrun by a bog stock elantra the other day Click here to enlarge feels bad man.
    True. I think that combo should be good for around 200-220bhp, which is something the Corsa C deserves.

I feel your pain when it comes to being beaten by cars like the Elantra, as I got beaten by an Ignis once. I reckon the TC had something to do with the poor launching at the time.
    2001 Opel Corsa C SRi: Z20LET EDS stage 3.5 173.9kW @ the wheels Build thread and here on FB: http://www.facebook.com/corsasriz20let
    2018 Ford Transit 290S: Transit #2, in that order and it's also a POS
    1998 Opel Combo B: It has begun, and it's stalled - Build thread and FB page
    2009 Holden Commodore VE SS: Gen IV LS power for the inner bogan

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by poita Click here to enlarge
    Score and a half

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
    Pretty happy with them too. Also swapped out my gutter rashed rim for one of the 4 Adam bought ages ago. I didn't realise how much it needed an alignment until I drove home and realised I didn't have to hold it straight anymore
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still waiting to see if i can visit andrew to pull the tune off his ecu that was mapped by powerchip. I will then be able to compare to the stock map and have a better idea of where to go in the great ecu hack project which would help out greatly. He would get massive credit then too for helping out =) ecu and oil filter are my biggest limitations at the moment. Been doing some research and the light is most likely due to the canister being off alignment as theres a specific channel that supplies oil to the head. However i have also read that people who have converted to the screw on filter have had issues with oil pressure/delivery etc meaning going to a block to acomodate a turbo may not work. Could always mount the turbo lower which is what the dbilas kit does iirc, just have to be careful to make sure it will still feed back to the sump properly.

Still no idea on the rattle under load below 4krpm

Some sources say tensioner pully, some say oil pump on its way out, some say big end bearings (although i dont think its that) some say ac pully rattle.

I have ruled out timing tensioner as when i did the last service i checked the timing assembly as i changed it 5k beforehand.

Job tonight is realign the canister, degrese the engine bay putting plastic bags over all electronics and hitting it with the gerni, then check a few days later to see if there is any leakage. If its anywhere my money is on the canister seal.
    Holden Barina XC SRI
    16.23 Second 1/4 Mile, No boost..... Yet
    "-I'd rather loose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch cause someone else built it for me. Your car, is your story, so don't let someone else write the book." ~Moog

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bit of an interesting night. Rotated the oil filter housing which eliminated the oil light (thank you internet)

Washed the car which was useless as it rained anyways. Defresed the engine as best as i could so i can see if there are any leaks. Managed to get a vidya of one of the noises the engine is making when its warm and sounding like a diesel.

Im hoping its just that the oil may be a bit too thin and its the sound of cams etc. Going to try some lucas addative to thicken it up a bit.

Oh and this happened:
    Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge my mate wasnt watching at the give way sign and rear ended me.

Jap vs german engineering however, german engineering wins Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Oh the lovely world of cars.
    Holden Barina XC SRI
    "-I'd rather loose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch cause someone else built it for me. Your car, is your story, so don't let someone else write the book." ~Moog

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @SilentShout - Ouch, that really sucks man. Looks like the quarterpanel is kinked?

Today is the first time it has rained while I have been driving the Astra so I got to test out how good/bad the Nittos are in the wet. They seem fine for normal driving, but any amount of boost in second gear lights the tires up. So for those of you who are tuned, it would probably happen in 3rd and 4th too. @Sammich I know you asked about them before, on your car they would probably be best reserved for track use only lol.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah quarter is kinked, rear bar is f**ked and rubbing on the wheel. The metal support behind the bar which im hoping is just the support and not the chassis is also slightly bent, and the gearbox is out of alignment too. Putting it where first is supposed to be puts the car in reverse.

Bit of a spring clean for the real estate then im going to jack the car up and have a look at the linkage to make sure its okay, then realign if i have to -.-
    Holden Barina XC SRI

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bit the bullet and paid rego.

So. Much. Freaking. Money.

M

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SilentShout Click here to enlarge
    Yeah quarter is kinked, rear bar is f**ked and rubbing on the wheel. The metal support behind the bar which im hoping is just the support and not the chassis is also slightly bent, and the gearbox is out of alignment too. Putting it where first is supposed to be puts the car in reverse.

Bit of a spring clean for the real estate then im going to jack the car up and have a look at the linkage to make sure its okay, then realign if i have to -.-
    I would be hoping to hell your mate is insured as the insurance company may just write the whole thing off with that kind of damage.

Thread Information