Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by chris_r Click here to enlarge
    Took the Corsa for a drive. All I can say is f*** me it's quick.
    Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge

Congrats man! I bet that was a drive full of smiles.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Raisin Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge

Congrats man! I bet that was a drive full of smiles.
    Haha, like you wouldn't believe. Just feels so damn good to see some results at last. I actually just took it down to the exhaust shop to get an exhaust fitted tomorrow. $450 for a mandrel bent 3" in mild steel.
    2001 Opel Corsa C SRi: Z20LET EDS stage 3.5 173.9kW @ the wheels Build thread and here on FB: http://www.facebook.com/corsasriz20let
    2018 Ford Transit 290S: Transit #2, in that order and it's also a POS
    1998 Opel Combo B: It has begun, and it's stalled - Build thread and FB page
    2009 Holden Commodore VE SS: Gen IV LS power for the inner bogan

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha, like you wouldn't believe. Just feels so damn good to see some results at last. I actually just took it down to the exhaust shop to get an exhaust fitted tomorrow. $450 for a mandrel bent 3" in mild steel.
    Nice! Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Took the Corsa for a drive. All I can say is fapfap it's quick.
    Click here to enlarge
    New, Peugeot 308 GTi 270 MY18 Pearlescent White.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...554#post821554

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sammich Click here to enlarge
    I have the pzero Nero's on my car, they were fine with stock power, quite grippy cornering and in the rain unless you really put the boot in. Once the boost went up and other mods happened they tended to get a lot of wheel spin till the car gets to 100km/h
    Nero or the new Nero GT? Don't think the power will be a problem in the Barina either way though Click here to enlarge They were excellent in the rain on the way home tonight though.

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DRMAT Click here to enlarge
    Nero or the new Nero GT? Don't think the power will be a problem in the Barina either way though Click here to enlarge They were excellent in the rain on the way home tonight though.
    Don't have the car with me to look but based on the tread pattern from google they look like the GT. based on tyres i have had in the past on other cars i would say they are close to the grippiest tyres i have had excluding semi slicks.

I am hoping for my next set to go to Nitto NT05 but i need to jump from 215/35/18 to 225/40/18 and it requires removing all the splash guards so as not to rub on the front.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Took the Corsa for a drive. All I can say is f*** me it's quick.
    Makes me think boosting the 1.8 is a waste of time Click here to enlarge

Anything you have driven before that you can compare it to?
    Holden Barina XC SRI
    16.23 Second 1/4 Mile, No boost..... Yet
    "-I'd rather loose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch cause someone else built it for me. Your car, is your story, so don't let someone else write the book." ~Moog

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SilentShout Click here to enlarge
    Makes me think boosting the 1.8 is a waste of time Click here to enlarge

Anything you have driven before that you can compare it to?
    I wouldn't say a boosted 1.8 is a waste, they can still churn out some respectable numbers. Just remember, this Z20LET is still mostly stock for the moment.

Only car I could really compare it to is my old BA XR6T. And I reckon the Corsa is still more fun. Not just because I built it myself, but it is just as quick. May have just over half the power of the XR6T, but its also only got half the weight.

And just because it didn't feel insane enough as it is, I've got a Galletto 1260 and some EDS maps for when I think more power is necessary.
    2001 Opel Corsa C SRi: Z20LET EDS stage 3.5 173.9kW @ the wheels Build thread and here on FB: http://www.facebook.com/corsasriz20let
    2018 Ford Transit 290S: Transit #2, in that order and it's also a POS
    1998 Opel Combo B: It has begun, and it's stalled - Build thread and FB page
    2009 Holden Commodore VE SS: Gen IV LS power for the inner bogan

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Currently waiting to get new tyres put on. Were going with re003's but when I got here was told the entire country is out of stock due to their recent promotion. He's doing 4 continental sport 5's for the same price as continental are having the same promotion as Bridgestone had with buy 3, get the 4th free
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't say a boosted 1.8 is a waste, they can still churn out some respectable numbers. Just remember, this Z20LET is still mostly stock for the moment.

Only car I could really compare it to is my old BA XR6T. And I reckon the Corsa is still more fun. Not just because I built it myself, but it is just as quick. May have just over half the power of the XR6T, but its also only got half the weight.

And just because it didn't feel insane enough as it is, I've got a Galletto 1260 and some EDS maps for when I think more power is necessary.
    Im not in it to be a dyno queen. Numbers dont mean anything when it comes to drivability. Im just hoping the revving capability of a 1.8, high comp engine and 7 pounds of boost will be enough to make it a fun car without opening the motor or rebuilding the gearbox.

I was outrun by a bog stock elantra the other day Click here to enlarge feels bad man.
    Holden Barina XC SRI
    16.23 Second 1/4 Mile, No boost..... Yet
    "-I'd rather loose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch cause someone else built it for me. Your car, is your story, so don't let someone else write the book." ~Moog

Thread Information