Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Started my car for the 1st time in about 3 months......
    And she still runs like clock work....
    2007 HSV VXR Arden Blue
    My Other toy is a 2013 Yamaha FX SHO Waverunner!

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by AllenR Click here to enlarge
    A trick I learned from a YouTube video to quickly mask up a wheel, was to insert index cards around the rim overlapping as you go. I used a bunch of old business cards for the same effect. It is quick and you can use the cards over and over. The time it takes to do a wheel is very much dependent upon how much you have to repair the gutter rash before the painting starts. Oh and the weather.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dutchy Click here to enlarge
    can go even faster and easier, put a thick layer of vasseline on the tyre. Spray wheel , let dry and wipe off vasseline. Everywhere vasseline is, paint don't stick.
    Have seen the cards in the rim trick and vaseline... the only problem is that if you're doing the wheels properly you do inside and out which rules out both of those methods. Both fine if you're only painting the outside though.

Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Picked the car up from jamie with new camber bolts, caster bushes and black series front wishbone bush, had him taise the car 1cm to make the geometry more inclinded for tun in and car feels much nicer and lighter too,

Need new strut top mounts and bearings now

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Logged onto OA for the first time in a while.

And started the car for the first time in a while.

Thats about it, Not much time for anything with 60hr weeks for work Click here to enlarge

the oil light still comes on, First flickering like mad after a few mins of warming up and then constantly illuminated when idling.

If the oil is too thin, how come its not leaking into the cylinders? i always thought that when the oil is too thin it gets used up really quickly and you get alot of smoke out the exhaust.

Its till just as full as when i changed it, and the engine isnt overheating at all or leaking oil from what i can see (still dirty as i havnt had the time to wash it down to properly check)
    Holden Barina XC SRI
    16.23 Second 1/4 Mile, No boost..... Yet
    "-I'd rather loose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch cause someone else built it for me. Your car, is your story, so don't let someone else write the book." ~Moog

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SilentShout Click here to enlarge
    Logged onto OA for the first time in a while.

And started the car for the first time in a while.

Thats about it, Not much time for anything with 60hr weeks for work Click here to enlarge

the oil light still comes on, First flickering like mad after a few mins of warming up and then constantly illuminated when idling.

If the oil is too thin, how come its not leaking into the cylinders? i always thought that when the oil is too thin it gets used up really quickly and you get alot of smoke out the exhaust.

Its till just as full as when i changed it, and the engine isnt overheating at all or leaking oil from what i can see (still dirty as i havnt had the time to wash it down to properly check)
    Haha, I work 60 hours a week on average and somehow I've found the time to drop a Z20LET in the Corsa amongst other things.

Just a shot in the dark over the oil light, I wonder whether the oil cap o-ring isn't sealing properly or maybe you have a split oil breather hose somewhere.
    2001 Opel Corsa C SRi: Z20LET EDS stage 3.5 173.9kW @ the wheels Build thread and here on FB: http://www.facebook.com/corsasriz20let
    2018 Ford Transit 290S: Transit #2, in that order and it's also a POS
    1998 Opel Combo B: It has begun, and it's stalled - Build thread and FB page
    2009 Holden Commodore VE SS: Gen IV LS power for the inner bogan

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JohnBu Click here to enlarge
    Even faster that I have seen is they just spray over the tyres. haha it would work if you were looking at changing tyres soon anyway.
    Click here to enlarge you could also spray the tyres with plastidip first and then paint your wheels. after that peel off the plastidip and you're done Click here to enlarge
    New, Peugeot 308 GTi 270 MY18 Pearlescent White.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...554#post821554

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    hit 20.000k today in the Astra
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dutchy Click here to enlarge
    hit 20.000k today in the Astra
    Hey! I just went over 60,000 in the Corsa too. Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Raisin Click here to enlarge
    Hey! I just went over 60,000 in the Corsa too. Click here to enlarge
    thats almost exactly 1 and a half times around the earth, well done

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    17,7xx now in the focus. so many in such a short time
    2013 Ford Focus ST
    Calibra - The only car that will institutionalise you and send you broke in the mean time

Click here to enlarge

Thread Information