OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DRMAT Click here to enlarge
    It's minimum ground clearance from the lowest point of the vehicle, suspension, body, exhaust, doesn't matter.

Washed, coated in Full Metal Jacket and tucked it away for the wet weekend in the garage!
    Yeah after a bit of research you're right. That's shit, guess I'll have a RSB for sale soon then!

Mine's sitting out in the middle of this rain Click here to enlarge Not having a garage or carport here sucks diiiiick! Might have to make one soon.

Cheers

M

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DRMAT Click here to enlarge
    It's minimum ground clearance from the lowest point of the vehicle, suspension, body, exhaust, doesn't matter.
    So how about my mudflaps ? These are pretty low to the ground.
    New, Peugeot 308 GTi 270 MY18 Pearlescent White.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...554#post821554

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MikeCheck Click here to enlarge
    Yeah after a bit of research you're right. That's shit, guess I'll have a RSB for sale soon then!

Mine's sitting out in the middle of this rain Click here to enlarge Not having a garage or carport here sucks diiiiick! Might have to make one soon.

Cheers

M
    And there is no other way ? I cant remember mine sitting that low.
    New, Peugeot 308 GTi 270 MY18 Pearlescent White.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...554#post821554

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dutchy Click here to enlarge
    And there is no other way ? I cant remember mine sitting that low.
    I have no idea really but it doesn't look like it? The brackets are the bits that are hanging down (refer my thread for a picture of them) and I don't think there's any other way of installing them. The actual bar itself would be fine I'm sure.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dutchy Click here to enlarge
    So how about my mudflaps ? These are pretty low to the ground.
    I'm sure there's an exemption for them as they can bend and not snap/catch but that's just a guess. Who knows.

The frustrating this is I love the idea of modifying cars but I also like doing it within the rules. I generally am positive about the police and safe motoring so it's really annoying to have that kind of brand now of being part of the 'defective' crowd Click here to enlarge

Have been contemplating just breaking apart the car anyway, so maybe the RSB will be the start of stripping it all.

M

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah mudflaps and brake backing plates are excempt. You're unlucky to get pinged for a swaybar though... you'd only ever get pinged if it were a RWC station or the cops were having a crackdown on the roadside.

Easy to find, Vicroads and the other states have a modified vehicles.
    https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&r...FkkCuMiJV5NmdQ

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jesus I actually just checked and it was SO freaking close. It was worse on the day because I was in a gutter (I did ask to move and they let me but they didn't remeasure, just said yeah it's still too low) but uuuurrrrggghhh, what a massive hassle for something so small.

Click here to enlarge

M

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been quite lucky with my car it sits very low. But what I have found in Sydney is if it not JDM you tend not to get hassled or defected. Police don't often give my car a second glance which is nice because the cat only sits about 50mm from the floor

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Seems stupid to me because it doesn't deform/get lower with the suspension if that makes sense. Like it's like saying your wheels are too close to the ground haha
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Brando47 Click here to enlarge
    Seems stupid to me because it doesn't deform/get lower with the suspension if that makes sense. Like it's like saying your wheels are too close to the ground haha
    Yeah this was my thought too. It's also pretty close to the wheel so you would have to drop one side of the car off a pretty nasty step to be able to get that to hit something.

OpelAus Forum Regular mylifeasbenjamin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does $1700 seem about right for a custom turbo back exhaust (stainless steel turbo to cat, and then steel cat back) and a tune sound about right?

Thread Information