Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah was an excellent day. we did two practice sessions and then had to nominate a time we thought we could achieve. then in the timed sessions, you started with 100 points but lost 1 point for every 0.25sec faster/slower than your nominated time. out of a possible 400 points i finished on 376, so incurred 24 time penalties. that placed me 3rd in class. haven't checked where it put me overall yet. also managed a 50.5sec lap which put me ahead of some of the XR5's and a Mountune Fiesta ST. Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The corsa should have been really good on the tight track. I am looking forward to heading there in my astra when it is actually happy.

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Nice one mate I was checking natsoft earlier today
    How'd you find the Neovas?
    Arden Blue VXR- EDS 335PS 480NM
    Now
    VW Golf R MK6 Stage 2+

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Raisin Click here to enlarge
    Haha, so you'll never believe this. I'm sure the car is cursed.

I pulled the screw out, which actually turned out to be a blunt bolt with washers stacked on it and the tire was definitely losing air. So I pull the spare out and put it on the rear and bring the rear tire to the front. I pull off the flat tire and notice a real mess on the control arm and uttered a few expletives. The passenger side CV joint boot is completely split all around and the grease flung everywhere.

On the one hand it's good that I got the puncture probably, at least noticed the CV boot. But this car sure likes to pile it on. Click here to enlarge
    Yeah, that sucks. With the CV, you can probably get both shafts for around $300 or less. Mine cost me $280 from a guy I deal with at work. Who knows how much longer your current CVs will last anyway with the track work you're doing, so you may as well do them now. Oh, and by the way the shafts I'm using are the exact same shafts as used in the Astra too.
    2001 Opel Corsa C SRi: Z20LET EDS stage 3.5 173.9kW @ the wheels Build thread and here on FB: http://www.facebook.com/corsasriz20let
    2018 Ford Transit 290S: Transit #2, in that order and it's also a POS
    1998 Opel Combo B: It has begun, and it's stalled - Build thread and FB page
    2009 Holden Commodore VE SS: Gen IV LS power for the inner bogan

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by chris_r Click here to enlarge
    Yeah, that sucks. With the CV, you can probably get both shafts for around $300 or less. Mine cost me $280 from a guy I deal with at work. Who knows how much longer your current CVs will last anyway with the track work you're doing, so you may as well do them now. Oh, and by the way the shafts I'm using are the exact same shafts as used in the Astra too.
    Yeah that's what I'm thinking of doing. 12 year old car that's slated for a good amount of track use I reckon new driveshafts is a worthwhile precaution anyway. I am just concerned about the drivers side one. I have a feeling it is going to be very stubborn to remove from the hub as that's the side that had the seized on wheel when I bought the car and the old brake rotors were seized on pretty well when I did the upgrade, so I'm not expecting it to be an easy job to separate the hub from the driveshaft.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah that's what I'm thinking of doing. 12 year old car that's slated for a good amount of track use I reckon new driveshafts is a worthwhile precaution anyway. I am just concerned about the drivers side one. I have a feeling it is going to be very stubborn to remove from the hub as that's the side that had the seized on wheel when I bought the car and the old brake rotors were seized on pretty well when I did the upgrade, so I'm not expecting it to be an easy job to separate the hub from the driveshaft.
    Shouldn't be too hard. Just check your wheel bearings whilst you've got the shafts out too. If they need replacing, then that's gonna be a fun job. Take hubs off completely, press old bearings out and new ones in.
    2001 Opel Corsa C SRi: Z20LET EDS stage 3.5 173.9kW @ the wheels Build thread and here on FB: http://www.facebook.com/corsasriz20let
    2018 Ford Transit 290S: Transit #2, in that order and it's also a POS
    1998 Opel Combo B: It has begun, and it's stalled - Build thread and FB page
    2009 Holden Commodore VE SS: Gen IV LS power for the inner bogan

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Competed in the state sprint series today. The Astra is really good on the track on ad08r tyres, my times are close to what some are doing on R-comps with the interior mostly stripped out so happy with that.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice.

Mick i was running them with too much pressure in them. 46 hot! dropped to 38 hot and it was much better. 36 hot in the rears. they looked brand new before the start, not they look a little ragged Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mondo Click here to enlarge
    nice.

Mick i was running them with too much pressure in them. 46 hot! dropped to 38 hot and it was much better. 36 hot in the rears. they looked brand new before the start, not they look a little ragged Click here to enlarge
    Haha, sounds like my Nittos after the last track day. Chunks of melted rubber all over and burred edges to boot.

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nigelh Click here to enlarge
    Competed in the state sprint series today. The Astra is really good on the track on ad08r tyres, my times are close to what some are doing on R-comps with the interior mostly stripped out so happy with that.
    They got some good bite for all rounders that's for sure, what sprint series is it nigel?

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mondo Click here to enlarge
    nice.

You could go even less hot pressures pete 30-34 starting around 26-28 cold, there's a good write up on yoko website

http://www.yokohama.com.au/News-and-...ace-tyres.aspx

Haha, sounds like my Nittos after the last track day. Chunks of melted rubber all over and burred edges to boot.

Gotta love sprayed rubber chunksClick here to enlarge
    Arden Blue VXR- EDS 335PS 480NM
    Now
    VW Golf R MK6 Stage 2+

Thread Information