OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SilentShout Click here to enlarge
    sadly they have 3 listings on their fleabay account, for an audi, a z20let and a vxr corsa all intake hoses.

Click here to enlarge will check them out on facey when i get home but if i can get factory replacements that would be a start as no one lists the part numbers and all the hoses for the 1.4 xc and the 1.8l astra look different.

to assist your code have you got an obd2 hand tool at all?? if so you can monitor the o2 voltage/% to rule it out,

in saying that when my car was throwing that same code it turned out to be the damned egr valve which i ended up blanking off and suddenly my car felt normal again and the shuddering and stalling completly stopped with a $14 piece of metal Click here to enlarge

then again its no secret the z18xe is one of the worst designed engines ever -.-

Timing belt that runs the waterpump and breaks after 60,000ks, 92 degree thermostat, useless EGR valve that does nothing except blacken the throttle body and make your car run like shite,

from an engine that has so much potential, its stupidly restricted from the factory :P
    Yeh i pulled out the scanner and cleared the code, didn't have it with me when I was out. was weird though it came on when car pulled up to a set of lights, was reading a article on a car regal tuned and they fixed it with a remap. but i am already running a EDS 3.5 325/480 map with inlet cam, but they have a different map with -20 fuel trim so may try that.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes cheers for that!!! Click here to enlarge and they do it in the red too.

Now to fork out $260+ AUD for the coolant + breather + ancillary hoses? or just get the coolant hoses... hmmm decisions. Click here to enlarge

I wonder how to get it without VAT and what shipping will be like :S
    Holden Barina XC SRI
    16.23 Second 1/4 Mile, No boost..... Yet
    "-I'd rather loose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch cause someone else built it for me. Your car, is your story, so don't let someone else write the book." ~Moog

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes cheers for that!!! Click here to enlarge and they do it in the red too.

Now to fork out $260+ AUD for the coolant + breather + ancillary hoses? or just get the coolant hoses... hmmm decisions. Click here to enlarge

I wonder how to get it without VAT and what shipping will be like :S
    Shipping is 30 pounds and you put your address in and they remove the vat automatically Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    $263.11 aud,

Pretty sure im ordering these on wednesday when i get paid Click here to enlarge

cheers @Sammich for the link. Click here to enlarge
    Holden Barina XC SRI
    "-I'd rather loose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch cause someone else built it for me. Your car, is your story, so don't let someone else write the book." ~Moog

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    sadly they have 3 listings on their fleabay account, for an audi, a z20let and a vxr corsa all intake hoses.

Click here to enlarge will check them out on facey when i get home but if i can get factory replacements that would be a start as no one lists the part numbers and all the hoses for the 1.4 xc and the 1.8l astra look different.

to assist your code have you got an obd2 hand tool at all?? if so you can monitor the o2 voltage/% to rule it out,

in saying that when my car was throwing that same code it turned out to be the damned egr valve which i ended up blanking off and suddenly my car felt normal again and the shuddering and stalling completly stopped with a $14 piece of metal Click here to enlarge

then again its no secret the z18xe is one of the worst designed engines ever -.-

Timing belt that runs the waterpump and breaks after 60,000ks, 92 degree thermostat, useless EGR valve that does nothing except blacken the throttle body and make your car run like shite,

from an engine that has so much potential, its stupidly restricted from the factory
    I would not say that the engine itself is poorly designed. As an engine, it's actually very well designed, but with most Opel engines, it's biggest weakness is in the electrics.

With regards to belt and water pump, the interval set at 60,000km was put in place by Holden due to failing belts in our climate. As for the water pump, when they brought out the Z18XER, they changed the pump to auxiliary belt drive, but still kept the timing belt interval at 60,000km.

For those that have had problems with the water pump removal, you'll find that's usually a result of poor maintenance regimes and/or the wrong coolant.
    2001 Opel Corsa C SRi: Z20LET EDS stage 3.5 173.9kW @ the wheels Build thread and here on FB: http://www.facebook.com/corsasriz20let
    2018 Ford Transit 290S: Transit #2, in that order and it's also a POS
    1998 Opel Combo B: It has begun, and it's stalled - Build thread and FB page
    2009 Holden Commodore VE SS: Gen IV LS power for the inner bogan

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by poita Click here to enlarge
    Haven't heard from @dutchy for a solid 5hrs. Hope he's keeping himself hydrated!
    yeah, fappin all the way to the box of tissues.
    New, Peugeot 308 GTi 270 MY18 Pearlescent White.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...554#post821554

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by chris_r Click here to enlarge
    For those that have had problems with the water pump removal, you'll find that's usually a result of poor maintenance regimes and/or the wrong coolant.
    Interesting points, Hopefully the fact that im using a proper 50/50 red coolant mix will be helpful. During the next service ill be draining the coolant even though it has only done 5k to make sure all the crap from the previous owner is out.

while at it ill change the hoses, thermostat (if i can find one) put more coolant still at 50/50 mix to make it run like a dream.

Click here to enlarge
    Holden Barina XC SRI

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dutchy Click here to enlarge
    "paint mod" ?! what's that ?
    ah yeah thats right, weight reduction. Click here to enlarge
    what those two potatoes cant seem to grasp is that red is a POWER MOD and adds at least 200hp thus rendering the "weight reduction" null and void
    Sure, we dont have to worry about viking raids or scurvy anymore, but instead we make a daily routine of sitting in flimsy, fibreglass (or metal) boxes full of gasoline which are propelled in opposing directions on the freeway at velocities matching that of low flying aircraft.

This is a roundabout way of saying that cars are dangerous....

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by hazrd Click here to enlarge
    what those two potatoes cant seem to grasp is that red is a POWER MOD and adds at least 200hp thus rendering the "weight reduction" null and void
    well well well, red adds at least 200hp so any other colour ST got the same power as a 2CV
    New, Peugeot 308 GTi 270 MY18 Pearlescent White.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...554#post821554

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    well well well, red adds at least 200hp so any other colour ST got the same power as a 2CV
    Haha, maybe that had something to do with why there was originally a 2CV on the forum's main Tapatalk page.
    2001 Opel Corsa C SRi: Z20LET EDS stage 3.5 173.9kW @ the wheels Build thread and here on FB: http://www.facebook.com/corsasriz20let
    2018 Ford Transit 290S: Transit #2, in that order and it's also a POS
    1998 Opel Combo B: It has begun, and it's stalled - Build thread and FB page
    2009 Holden Commodore VE SS: Gen IV LS power for the inner bogan

Thread Information