OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks @faneca and @XOPCX I am getting custom 3 inch made for me on the weekend with 200 cell and rear muffler only so glad it won't be too ridiculously loud Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Forum Regular Gsi_Bryce's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Such a shame to see a beautiful car like that ver in that condition, some one on here owned it? I would love the vxr turbo
    @chris_r mate the dials you bought are awesome! They look similar in design to the ones in that vxr
    Last edited by Gsi_Bryce; 4th February 2015 at 09:01 PM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by XOPCX Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Why are you selling your car mate?

OpelAus Forum Regular mylifeasbenjamin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got my short shifter in and damn is it nicer to drive!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got my car back from EFI Performance today and it's running great, they were really positive about it as well because they're not overly common.

We have made some plans too which will cost some $$ but it's locked in now so no looking back haha.
    - Bigger injectors (likely 440cc) and intank pump, something Bosch of course but EFI are looking into that.
    - Front mount intercooler kit and 3" turbo back.
    - VXR turbo upgrade.
    - Custom tune done by EFI, they have confirmed their tuning software is able to tune my ECU win!

They were really optimistic, I said I was chasing 170kw atw but with the above mods they have said that they expect 180-200kw with their custom tune but we shall see. I hope to have this done in the next three months sometime, all in one hit which means I will loose the car for about a week.

Click here to enlarge
    2004 Arden Blue TS Astri SRi Turbo

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ConZo Click here to enlarge
    I got my car back from EFI Performance today and it's running great, they were really positive about it as well because they're not overly common.

We have made some plans too which will cost some $$ but it's locked in now so no looking back haha.
    - Bigger injectors (likely 440cc) and intank pump, something Bosch of course but EFI are looking into that.
    - VXR turbo upgrade.
    - Custom tune done by EFI, they have confirmed their tuning software is able to tune my ECU win!

They were really optimistic, I said I was chasing 170kw atw but with the above mods they have said that they expect 180-200kw with their custom tune but we shall see. I hope to have this done in the next three months sometime, all in one hit which means I will loose the car for about a week.

Click here to enlarge
    Any idea how much EFI Performance are going to charge to remap the car, if it is over $1000 you may be better off getting a EDS IPF unit if that is all you are chasing power wise.

As far as the injectors go get VXR injectors and rail, they are ~$200 but are 470cc injectors.
    For the in tank pump, there are a few members here using a Aeromotive 340 Stealth pump i got mine for $200 from Rocket Industries.
    For the Front mount you are best off getting a courtenay sport intercooler but they are expensive >$1000 or a custom made kit. i have a TX autosports one and have replaced half the silicon hoses on it as they are poor quality and tend to split at higher boost levels.
    The VXR Turbo will be at its limit around 170KW ATW unless you get a hybrid K04/K06 but they are quite expensive and may require the bottom end on the Z20LET to be strengthened as the rods and pistons are recommended to be upgraded if running over 310HP.
    The other thing you will need to upgrade is the AFM, you will want to get a VXR 80mm unit, they are about $180 from Autovaux or $440 from holden.

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ConZo Click here to enlarge

- VXR turbo upgrade.

Click here to enlarge
    They are quite optimistic there. I had near 170kw atw with custom tune and all the parts you describe plus more. Clutch was the first to go at those level. Have a look at an eds ipf mate, will upgrade your tune for less while you upgrade your parts. Otherwise you'll need to retune separately against big costs each time you have an upgrade.
    New, Peugeot 308 GTi 270 MY18 Pearlescent White.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...554#post821554

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dutchy Click here to enlarge
    They are quite optimistic there. I had near 170kw atw with custom tune and all the parts you describe plus more. Clutch was the first to go at those level. Have a look at an eds ipf mate, will upgrade your tune for less while you upgrade your parts. Otherwise you'll need to retune separately against big costs each time you have an upgrade.
    Thanks guys.

I am doing the whole lot as a package with EFI in the one go. I have noted the info about the fuel pump and injectors.

The interooler will be coming from Courtney of course and the three 3" turbo back + dump are being made up by Ashmore Exhaust (Muffs to The Max).

The tune is only costing around $700 I believe and that is with as many dyno runs as it needs. They're really a great bunch of guys I am looking at around $4000 all up give or take for exhaust, FMIC, injectors, fuel pump, turbo and tune. I need to factor in the 80mm AFM though, I forgot about that.

Being realistic I am happy to stick with my goal of 170kw atw on an un-opened motor.

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would also factor in for a uprated clutch and lightened flywheel from Courtenay And a LSD to actually be able to put the power to the ground.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sammich Click here to enlarge
    I would also factor in for a uprated clutch and lightened flywheel from Courtenay And a LSD to actually be able to put the power to the ground.
    Clutch has already been done I killed the stock one and have an exedy now apprently rated to 400hp.
    I am more worried about first and second gear in the gearbox lol but we shall see.

I'm sure as I go through this process more things will come up, whenever you say you want to spend $3000-4000 or something like that you can always nearly double it, but then I'm done lol don't want to burn too much money on it.
    Last edited by ConZo; 5th February 2015 at 02:09 PM.

Thread Information