Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Started the wiring work on the SRi. Got the ECU and barometric sensor plugs sorted, just need to do the RBCS, oil pressure switch and the body to FI harness plugs, then fit the harness to the car.

Found a problem though, with using a Twinport/XEP loom, they use the Bosch 8 ABS system, whereas my car has the trusty old 5.3 ABS+TC, with the plugs being totally different. I could cut and splice (repinning isn't possible), but it's easier to just swap the ABS pump module.

Also, I've ordered some new headlights as my angel eyes won't pass roadworthy and my originals are scratched to buggery.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Raisin Click here to enlarge
    My Recirc valve arrived today finally! It was the last part I've been waiting on. I have stuff on after work all of this week, but everything finishes up Friday so I should be able to start on the weekend.
    Did you get the Forge one or the knock off? Been thinking about doing this too whilst I can get to it.
    Last edited by chris_r; 17th December 2014 at 09:14 AM.
    2001 Opel Corsa C SRi: Z20LET EDS stage 3.5 173.9kW @ the wheels Build thread and here on FB: http://www.facebook.com/corsasriz20let
    2018 Ford Transit 290S: Transit #2, in that order and it's also a POS
    1998 Opel Combo B: It has begun, and it's stalled - Build thread and FB page
    2009 Holden Commodore VE SS: Gen IV LS power for the inner bogan

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by chris_r Click here to enlarge

Did you get the Forge one or the knock off? Been thinking about doing this too whilst I can get to it.

I just bought the knockoff one. It seems to be a reasonably quality unit. All the parts fit nicely. I don't see it being a problem on stock power.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing wrong with the knock off unit. Works really well and if you wanted to you could pirchase the forge rebuild kit for it and it has all new internals
    "treading on the throttle pedal gives you some idea of what it might be like to blow yourself up"
    hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia: fear of long words...
    2003 Astra G Sri-T (very blaack)

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still waiting for a box of parts to arrive from regal...

in the meantime ordered some new headlights, taillights and indicators from dectane.de

so02bc.jpg

swo01abrhd.jpg

ro03llbs_2.jpg

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sammich Click here to enlarge
    Still waiting for a box of parts to arrive from regal...

in the meantime ordered some new headlights, taillights and indicators from dectane.de

so02bc.jpg

swo01abrhd.jpg

ro03llbs_2.jpg
    I hope your headlights would be RHD compatible. AFAIK, Dectane stuff is mostly LHD, but then again with Astra lights, you might have switches that let you alternate for whatever side of the road you drive on. Otherwise, the Dectane headlights look the business.
    2001 Opel Corsa C SRi: Z20LET EDS stage 3.5 173.9kW @ the wheels Build thread and here on FB: http://www.facebook.com/corsasriz20let
    2018 Ford Transit 290S: Transit #2, in that order and it's also a POS
    1998 Opel Combo B: It has begun, and it's stalled - Build thread and FB page
    2009 Holden Commodore VE SS: Gen IV LS power for the inner bogan

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are the rhd version, I made sure of that Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    surprisingly cheap buying from their site as well, was cheaper than buying of eBay.

$520 for all 3 delivered to Sydney. i know Mars Performance are by no means the cheapest site buy they wanted $340 just for the headlights + shipping.

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like my package from Regal has finally arrived in Sydney, unfortunatly it is too late to get all the gear out of the car before the head place shuts over christmas.

Looks like i am going to be very busy mid January.

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge

Looks like all i am waiting on now is the Clutch Slave Cylinder Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well things went a bit pear shaped today. Not exactly surprised, just bummed that my hand is forced to spend more money now. @Shadow110 came over and we decided to pull the cam cover off seeing as I have a gasket anyway. A few things made us decide to do it, and we ended up finding that all the cams are scored. I'm at the point of not having confidence in this right now so I'm going to be pulling the head off fully to investigate everything.

I'll post up a bit more thorough post later with pictures in my car thread.

Thread Information