Page 1098 of 1353 FirstFirst ... 9859899810481088109410951096109710981099110011011102110811481198 ... LastLast
Results 10,971 to 10,980 of 13522
    Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would make a metal piece of the same shape and design as the plastic bracket with a hole in where the plastic has a fixing hole. then pop rivet or use tiny screws and nuts to fix it to the broken plastic piece. Rivets from the top, through the plastic into the metal piece where it locks in. I would use 1-2mm aluminium sheet, you can buy that from Bunnings for few dollars.
    I would place the aluminium underneath rather than the top of the plastic bracket so that it remains tight against the mud guard. otherwise you get a gap between them.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would make a metal piece of the same shape and design as the plastic bracket with a hole in where the plastic has a fixing hole. then pop rivet or use tiny screws and nuts to fix it to the broken plastic piece. Rivets from the top, through the plastic into the metal piece where it locks in. I would use 1-2mm aluminium sheet, you can buy that from Bunnings for few dollars.
    I would place the aluminium underneath rather than the top of the plastic bracket so that it remains tight against the mud guard. otherwise you get a gap between them.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    double posting because the website is faulty, it tells me that the posting cannot be posted for 30 seconds and when i post again after 30 seconds there are two postings. hope poita fixes that bug soon, it's annoying.

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeh my solution to the double posting error, is to ignore it but not repost.

i have a sheet of aluminium sitting in the garage so will try and make something up.

OpelAus Forum Regular mylifeasbenjamin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sammich Click here to enlarge
    yeh my solution to the double posting error, is to ignore it but not repost.

i have a sheet of aluminium sitting in the garage so will try and make something up.
    Mine did that so I just screwed a bolt through the bit of plastic that was left into whatever was behind..was fine for ages

Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Silver zaf:

replaced front rotors as they were slightly warped
    Replaced front calipers as the rubbers on the pistons were slightly damaged
    Replaced thermostat as it was a 92 deg one so it now has an 82 deg on in there
    Put full set of spare fuses, relays and sensors in boot.

Linea rossa:
    Replaced dash globes.
    Still waiting for seats and steering wheel so I can finish interior off.
    04 Astra Sri - Silver - Full red leather interior - mk4 888 wheels - Star light roof lining - lowered - ice - exhaust - vxr brakes - quite a few other things.
    my ride - no longer faster than qlds sri-t's
    OEM+
    04 Astra Linea Rossa - Build thread

I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zomg.. I got the exact same thing.. Just need the whole thing repaired I think

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Put the intake manifold and throttle body back on. Couldn't be arsed polishing the whole lot. Also put the top hat on to see how it looks.

Click here to enlarge
    2001 Opel Corsa C SRi: Z20LET EDS stage 3.5 173.9kW @ the wheels Build thread and here on FB: http://www.facebook.com/corsasriz20let
    2018 Ford Transit 290S: Transit #2, in that order and it's also a POS
    1998 Opel Combo B: It has begun, and it's stalled - Build thread and FB page
    2009 Holden Commodore VE SS: Gen IV LS power for the inner bogan

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by guy 27 Click here to enlarge
    Silver zaf:

replaced front rotors as they were slightly warped
    Replaced front calipers as the rubbers on the pistons were slightly damaged
    Replaced thermostat as it was a 92 deg one so it now has an 82 deg on in there
    Put full set of spare fuses, relays and sensors in boot.

Linea rossa:
    Replaced dash globes.
    Still waiting for seats and steering wheel so I can finish interior off.
    Would you say an 82° thermostat is better?? My C sits either slightly above 90 or below 90 on the temp gauge unless is a really cold night and im driving on the hwy, then it doesnt move from its starting position.
    Holden Barina XC SRI
    16.23 Second 1/4 Mile, No boost..... Yet
    "-I'd rather loose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch cause someone else built it for me. Your car, is your story, so don't let someone else write the book." ~Moog

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by chris_r Click here to enlarge
    Put the intake manifold and throttle body back on. Couldn't be arsed polishing the whole lot. Also put the top hat on to see how it looks.

Click here to enlarge
    Also brb,

A million of my potential children are about to die on a print out of this..... just saying. 0.o
    Holden Barina XC SRI
    16.23 Second 1/4 Mile, No boost..... Yet
    "-I'd rather loose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch cause someone else built it for me. Your car, is your story, so don't let someone else write the book." ~Moog

Thread Information