Page 1096 of 1353 FirstFirst ... 9659699610461086109210931094109510961097109810991100110611461196 ... LastLast
Results 10,951 to 10,960 of 13522
    Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And while you are at it sure you polish and reshape the adapter bit to improve air flow. Need to get that bell shape input.
    Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Forum Regular mylifeasbenjamin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SilentShout Click here to enlarge
    Scratch that ill just upload a pic Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge

I made a few changes. The ducting hose was crap and flimsy so i got a much nicer hose from super crap auto and made that fit. I also got a bracket from autobarn to hold it firmly in place and it works a treat. I was going to duct it to the wheel well but opted to go for the factory intake area on the front grill as it would still be cold and i wont have to worry about going through puddles Click here to enlarge

If i could add one more thing it would be a custom pipe from the throttle body to the filter as the black plastic one shits me because of its factoryness.
    Looks sweet mate! Definitely want one now! Also, when you say it improves response, what do you mean by that?

Also, went to Perth yesterday and saw a blue Corsa OPC and a white Insignia OPC, anyone on here?

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by vekara Click here to enlarge
    And while you are at it sure you polish and reshape the adapter bit to improve air flow. Need to get that bell shape input.
    No need for me as I'm replacing the top hat with one from TX Autosport along with the power pipe and intercooler kit.
    2001 Opel Corsa C SRi: Z20LET EDS stage 3.5 173.9kW @ the wheels Build thread and here on FB: http://www.facebook.com/corsasriz20let
    2018 Ford Transit 290S: Transit #2, in that order and it's also a POS
    1998 Opel Combo B: It has begun, and it's stalled - Build thread and FB page
    2009 Holden Commodore VE SS: Gen IV LS power for the inner bogan

OpelAus Forum Regular mylifeasbenjamin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A couple of hours and a nice sunburn later, my outside door trim matches the rest of the door

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mylifeasbenjamin Click here to enlarge
    Looks sweet mate! Definitely want one now! Also, when you say it improves response, what do you mean by that?

Also, went to Perth yesterday and saw a blue Corsa OPC and a white Insignia OPC, anyone on here?
    Hard to describe unless you have felt a car before and after. Best way to describe it is it climbs more freely through the rev range and doesnt have any more flat spots, (most went when i installed the apollo, the rest went when i installed the EGR blank plate)

kinda like the car "feels better" not necessarily faster so to speak. doesn't add noticeable power though, keep that in mind.
    Holden Barina XC SRI
    16.23 Second 1/4 Mile, No boost..... Yet
    "-I'd rather loose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch cause someone else built it for me. Your car, is your story, so don't let someone else write the book." ~Moog

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SilentShout Click here to enlarge
    Hard to describe unless you have felt a car before and after. Best way to describe it is it climbs more freely through the rev range and doesnt have any more flat spots, (most went when i installed the apollo, the rest went when i installed the EGR blank plate)

kinda like the car "feels better" not necessarily faster so to speak. doesn't add noticeable power though, keep that in mind.
    In other words better engine response. I found that out when I modified the Vectra intake, not necessarily more power but the engine responded slightly better so when in the past it felt hesitating and "clearing its throat", now it picks up revs faster and as a result taking off from traffic light is faster. Fuel consumption went up though, just slightly, but that was the trade off and i am happy with that. also don't forget to use BP ultimate fuel, i found that be better than Shell v-power and more consistent quality. The fuel issue depends on the engine, some are more sensitive than others.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love caltex 98 as its pure unadulterated fuel.

Vpower is very sooty and used to love to blacken the bumper on my s15 but it was the fuel the car loved.

Bp ultimate is good but i havnt noticed anything wow about it tbh.

At the end of the day caltex own the refinery, all three trucks arrive and are filled. The bp and shell people pour their additives in, while the caltex truck drives off.

Click here to enlarge
    Holden Barina XC SRI
    16.23 Second 1/4 Mile, No boost..... Yet
    "-I'd rather loose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch cause someone else built it for me. Your car, is your story, so don't let someone else write the book." ~Moog

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All fuel are basically the same , it is the additives that make the difference. There has been a lot of discussion about fuels not just in Australia but around the world and although we don't have the "best fuel in the world" , it is quite ok for the average car. I have heard that there are some German car models that are not imported here because our fuel does not meet the standards that car requires. Most German high performance cars require at least 98 RON fuel, preferably 100, which we don't have here since Shell discontinued its racing fuel few years ago. That was great stuff, my V6 Vectra loved it.

BP ultimate is known for abt 7% reduction in fuel consumption and better performance compared to other fuels that's why you don't see it discounted, because it is premium. Those who have the benefit will not use other fuels even if they are cheaper.

As said before, what fuel suits best depends on the car, at one stage I had a 1.8 astra G where it made no difference what you put in the tank including methanol mixes. Astra G 2.2 loved high octane, it must have gained 10-15 hp and more torque with 102 RON fuel. Vectra V6 runs great on 102 RON and dies you you feed anything less that 98. even the AT gearbox gets confused with 95 methanol mixes.

Same goes with engine oils, all have a mineral oil base coming from the ground, upto 85% according to some estimates, it is the additives that make the difference.

Did you know that when benzine gets older its density increase and you get more power per volume? I have noticed that when I have three weeks old fuel in the Vectra's tank the engine becomes more responsive and runs better. Perhaps it also has something to do with the reduced pre-ignition allowing the cpu to advance the timing and run more efficiently. You may have noticed that if you have 3 month old fuel in the lawn mower tank it is difficult to start, for the same reason.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Wiring loom turned up today, as well as the F23 anti-play/refurb kit and TX Autosport phenolic manifold gasket set.

Click here to enlarge
    2001 Opel Corsa C SRi: Z20LET EDS stage 3.5 173.9kW @ the wheels Build thread and here on FB: http://www.facebook.com/corsasriz20let
    2018 Ford Transit 290S: Transit #2, in that order and it's also a POS
    1998 Opel Combo B: It has begun, and it's stalled - Build thread and FB page
    2009 Holden Commodore VE SS: Gen IV LS power for the inner bogan

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Personalised plates arrived Click here to enlarge
    2013 Ford Focus ST
    Calibra - The only car that will institutionalise you and send you broke in the mean time

Click here to enlarge

Thread Information