Page 1090 of 1353 FirstFirst ... 9059099010401080108610871088108910901091109210931094110011401190 ... LastLast
Results 10,891 to 10,900 of 13522
    Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Shadow110 Click here to enlarge
    Where does your rocker cover breather go?
    Mine too, into the right mudguard through one of the holes but I get some breather smell sometimes when standing and the wind is blowing in the right direction. There is another option, feed it into the airbox before the filter so that any oil steam is soaked into the filter rather than stain the MAF.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I dont trust that as these mafs are as weak as a bogans claim to being normal. I had an idea of running it into the exhaust, pointing in the direction of the flow. Would be too much ****ing around though

OpelAus Forum Regular mylifeasbenjamin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by vekara Click here to enlarge
    Yeah, i think the problems was a badly pushed in injector connector. plugs first and if the code still comes up you may have a faulty coil pack.
    Got the plugs so I'll see how I go. Mine runs perfect unless you really put your foot into it, or it's just started.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Kennedy Click here to enlarge
    To atmosphere
    I got a little bung welded to my pipe for that :-)
    "treading on the throttle pedal gives you some idea of what it might be like to blow yourself up"
    hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia: fear of long words...
    2003 Astra G Sri-T (very blaack)

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mylifeasbenjamin Click here to enlarge
    Got the plugs so I'll see how I go. Mine runs perfect unless you really put your foot into it, or it's just started.
    Sounds like a coil problem. when the cylinder pressure goes up the spark voltage has to increase too to overcome the pressure, in other words the voltage to create a ignition will increase. if the coil is weak then this is what may happen.

OpelAus Forum Regular mylifeasbenjamin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yet another one Click here to enlarge

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Kennedy Click here to enlarge
    I dont trust that as these mafs are as weak as a bogans claim to being normal. I had an idea of running it into the exhaust, pointing in the direction of the flow. Would be too much ****ing around though
    I was too thinking about that but the joint should be at the end of the exhaust, the crankcase needs positive ventilation, meaning something has to suck the steam out. The whole idea of feeding crank case gases into the intake to be "burned" by the engine again is just crazy from performance point of view. We put considerable effort in maximising the air volume and lowering the temperature of the intake air and then feed hot oxygen starved gases into it.... makes no sense at all. it s all to do with pollution only, nothing more.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It's sorta similar to EGR in a way. I will keep it like it is for a while. No doubt I'll change it again lol

Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Finished building engine.
    Put linea rossa on hoist.
    Spent 2 hours high pressure washing underside of car.
    04 Astra Sri - Silver - Full red leather interior - mk4 888 wheels - Star light roof lining - lowered - ice - exhaust - vxr brakes - quite a few other things.
    my ride - no longer faster than qlds sri-t's
    OEM+
    04 Astra Linea Rossa - Build thread

Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Stripped head off the z18 motor that I got with a destroyed waterpump. Valves bent on intake side, but pistons arent even marked which I didn't expect. Im guessing waterpump was the original as it took me 2.5 hours of grinding and smashing with prybars and hammers to pop it out. Then lightly sanded everything around where the waterpump sits to clean it up and cleaned the heads of the pistons and block.

Attachment 5556
    uploadfromtaptalk1417339615267.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1417339632187.jpg
    OPEL ADDICT 1994 CORSA B 1.5D (ENGLAND) 2001 CORSA C 1.2L (ENGLAND) 2004 CORSA C 1.4L (SOLD) 2004 3.2 V6 VECTRA GTS (SOLD)
    1994 CORSA B GSI C16 CONVERTED TO Z18XE (SOLD) 2001 ASTRA VAN Z16SE (CURRENT)

Click here to enlarge

Thread Information