Page 1051 of 1353 FirstFirst ... 5155195110011041104710481049105010511052105310541055106111011151 ... LastLast
Results 10,501 to 10,510 of 13522
    OpelAus Forum Regular mylifeasbenjamin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you get lots of problems with the turbos?

I'm in WA so That makes it more difficult..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Removed the now tacky B Pillar faux carbon fibre black plastic film with a heat gun. It looks so much better with the Arden Blue pillars exposed.
    A bit fiddly getting the temp of the heat gun right, so the film would peel off rather than melt. Also getting the contact residue off is painful, but all good in the end.
    Also got around to pulling out the panel filter. My filter is hidden by a panel that is attached by 5.5mm self tappers, as well as tabs. The tabs were hard to release, so once out, I clipped them off, as the self tappers are doing the retention job. I left the guide pins for obvious reason. It will be so much easier to access and either clean or replace next time. Hope this tip helps.
    Also have the car booked in to replace the passenger side drive shaft following the discovery of a torn inner rubber boot. It is just as easy to replace the whole drive shaft as the outer and inner boots would have to come off and with getting the clips right and with black lithium grease all over the shop, it just doesn't make sense. I will get the oil seal done too, as while it isn't an issue, it may get damaged in the process or become and issue later.
    I picked the new drive shaft up on eBay with a two year warranty. Good price too and it looks fine, with new castellated nut, cotter pin and cir clip.
    This is only the second time in 50 years of motoring, a boot has failed.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mylifeasbenjamin Click here to enlarge
    Alright guys, I'm starting looking at a new car for if they won't fix mine..would I be better off with a TS Turbo or SRi?
    Is that a trick question?? Haha

Turbo all the way..
    03 Astra SRi Turbo.
    SRI-03T...

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by AllenR Click here to enlarge
    Removed the now tacky B Pillar faux carbon fibre black plastic film with a heat gun. It looks so much better with the Arden Blue pillars exposed.
    A bit fiddly getting the temp of the heat gun right, so the film would peel off rather than melt. Also getting the contact residue off is painful, but all good in the end.
    Also got around to pulling out the panel filter. My filter is hidden by a panel that is attached by 5.5mm self tappers, as well as tabs. The tabs were hard to release, so once out, I clipped them off, as the self tappers are doing the retention job. I left the guide pins for obvious reason. It will be so much easier to access and either clean or replace next time. Hope this tip helps.
    Also have the car booked in to replace the passenger side drive shaft following the discovery of a torn inner rubber boot. It is just as easy to replace the whole drive shaft as the outer and inner boots would have to come off and with getting the clips right and with black lithium grease all over the shop, it just doesn't make sense. I will get the oil seal done too, as while it isn't an issue, it may get damaged in the process or become and issue later.
    I picked the new drive shaft up on eBay with a two year warranty. Good price too and it looks fine, with new castellated nut, cotter pin and cir clip.
    This is only the second time in 50 years of motoring, a boot has failed.
    If you don't mind, would you be able to show us some pictures? I want to remove the carbon fiber film off mine too, but I'm not sure if I'll leave the paint exposed or if I'll just re-wrap it with fresh matte black vinyl.

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by AllenR Click here to enlarge
    Also getting the contact residue off is painful, but all good in the end.
    For next time, WD40 will take that glue off.
    New, Peugeot 308 GTi 270 MY18 Pearlescent White.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...554#post821554

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge

Yes or no peeps?

If yes they go all the way along
    "treading on the throttle pedal gives you some idea of what it might be like to blow yourself up"
    hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia: fear of long words...
    2003 Astra G Sri-T (very blaack)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Elliot_O Click here to enlarge
    Turbo if you want noise and more problems, 2.2 if you want a NA with less problems
    I resent that statement! Click here to enlarge haha

Just look after it and it'll look after you Click here to enlarge I cannot complain one bit about my SRi-T - and it's doing a lot more than the factory ever intended it to! Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Shadow110 Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Yes or no peeps?

If yes they go all the way along
    If that's supposed to be a penis, it's rather thin, so it's a NO for me. If these are supposed to be 70's racing stripes, then it's a NO for me too.
    New, Peugeot 308 GTi 270 MY18 Pearlescent White.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...554#post821554

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dutchy Click here to enlarge
    If that's supposed to be a penis, it's rather thin, so it's a NO for me. If these are supposed to be 70's racing stripes, then it's a NO for me too.
    Good thing its only a sticker then
    "treading on the throttle pedal gives you some idea of what it might be like to blow yourself up"
    hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia: fear of long words...
    2003 Astra G Sri-T (very blaack)

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm personally not a fan of it in that spot.

Thread Information