Page 1014 of 1353 FirstFirst ... 145149149641004101010111012101310141015101610171018102410641114 ... LastLast
Results 10,131 to 10,140 of 13522
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by chris_r Click here to enlarge
    I live in a suburb of Adelaide that probably has one of the worst reputations going around (Davoren Park, near Elizabeth aka SA's home of the bogan) and I don't fear someone pinching my wheels. Probably because most don't crap where they eat and secondly, they're not Commodore rims.
    I just have to drive all around Sydney for work and often I don't have ideal parking so I'm concerned about leaving my car unattended in places for upto 8 hours at a time. Although I guess a day time robbery is less likely than if I parked in a dodgy spot overnight.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DRMAT Click here to enlarge
    If you're sick of sump plugs you could always get one of those Fumoto tap plugs? I know a few guys have used them before and loved them. Overtight wheel nuts will be monkeys just using rattle guns on the wheels at the shop.
    http://www.sumpplug.com/
    http://fumoto.com.au/

Click here to enlarge
    Awwwwwww Yus!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Click here to enlarge

Id be very happy to fek off the "torx bit" style poo plug for one of these.

this is what they list on their site:
    Holden Astra (01-04), Barina, Calibra, Camira, Frontera, Gemini, Jackaroo, Rodeo, Shuttle, Vectra 14mm-1.5 F-106 $30

can anyone confirm??
    Holden Barina XC SRI
    16.23 Second 1/4 Mile, No boost..... Yet
    "-I'd rather loose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch cause someone else built it for me. Your car, is your story, so don't let someone else write the book." ~Moog

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SilentShout Click here to enlarge
    Awwwwwww Yus!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Click here to enlarge

Id be very happy to fek off the "torx bit" style poo plug for one of these.

this is what they list on their site:
    Holden Astra (01-04), Barina, Calibra, Camira, Frontera, Gemini, Jackaroo, Rodeo, Shuttle, Vectra 14mm-1.5 F-106 $30

can anyone confirm??

What's wrong with the torx bit sump plug, all it needs it a light nip up to stop it leaking

Asking for trouble with those sump plugs Click here to enlarge
    Arden Blue VXR- EDS 335PS 480NM
    Now
    VW Golf R MK6 Stage 2+

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DRMAT Click here to enlarge
    If you're sick of sump plugs you could always get one of those Fumoto tap plugs? I know a few guys have used them before and loved them. Overtight wheel nuts will be monkeys just using rattle guns on the wheels at the shop.
    http://www.sumpplug.com/
    http://fumoto.com.au/

Click here to enlarge
    I really like the idea, but I've gotta say, there's no way I'd fit that to my Astra (maybe the Pajero though).. It'd only take one speed bump or driveway taken at the wrong speed or angle and your sump could be torn open. I've had to go pickup my mate's Golf GTI on a trailer for him because he bottomed out his sump and lost all of his oil. Fortunately for him, his car beeped and screamed and had "STOP" on his screen and he managed to catch it before any real damage was done (incredible)...
    As much as I don't like the torx plug, it does allow for an exceptionally slimline plug which could be the difference between a good engine and a seized engine. That tap plug simply sticks down too low (for low vehicles anyway).

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think given the position of the sump plug on a Z18, if you fitted one of these plugs and were to wipe it out going over speed humps, you've got some serious issues.

Having said that, I'd be willing to give one a shot on the SRi. Z18s are cheap and easy to change. Plus, if I have my way the SRi will be copping a major upgrade by the end of the year.
    2001 Opel Corsa C SRi: Z20LET EDS stage 3.5 173.9kW @ the wheels Build thread and here on FB: http://www.facebook.com/corsasriz20let
    2018 Ford Transit 290S: Transit #2, in that order and it's also a POS
    1998 Opel Combo B: It has begun, and it's stalled - Build thread and FB page
    2009 Holden Commodore VE SS: Gen IV LS power for the inner bogan

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Run out of welding gas!

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by chris_r Click here to enlarge
    I think given the position of the sump plug on a Z18, if you fitted one of these plugs and were to wipe it out going over speed humps, you've got some serious issues.

Having said that, I'd be willing to give one a shot on the SRi. Z18s are cheap and easy to change. Plus, if I have my way the SRi will be copping a major upgrade by the end of the year.
    Didnt think of that, the car does get awfully low in some areas. I was hoping due to the angle the plug is on maybe it wouldnt matter?

Can anyone confirm the thread and size?? i wouldnt mind changing it to a hex head sump plug, you know so you can get a decent socket and breaker bar over it when the tools overtighten it.

Next challenge is finding how to remove it, im thinking some spray deep freeze stuff and hoping there is enough grip around the torx bit.
    Holden Barina XC SRI
    "-I'd rather loose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch cause someone else built it for me. Your car, is your story, so don't let someone else write the book." ~Moog

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SilentShout Click here to enlarge
    Didnt think of that, the car does get awfully low in some areas. I was hoping due to the angle the plug is on maybe it wouldnt matter?

Can anyone confirm the thread and size?? i wouldnt mind changing it to a hex head sump plug, you know so you can get a decent socket and breaker bar over it when the tools overtighten it.

Next challenge is finding how to remove it, im thinking some spray deep freeze stuff and hoping there is enough grip around the torx bit.
    You can try the same method we used on the Astra?

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Raisin Click here to enlarge
    You can try the same method we used on the Astra?
    iirc you said there was a little bit of lip left for the torx bit to bite, Im pretty sure with the one turn i did most if not all of the torx opening fell onto my face Click here to enlarge
    Holden Barina XC SRI

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Devo Click here to enlarge
    ..If only I could Remove the automatic gearbox...
    Fixed Click here to enlarge
    Holden Barina XC SRI

Thread Information