Page 1345 of 1353 FirstFirst ... 345845124512951335134113421343134413451346134713481349 ... LastLast
Results 13,441 to 13,450 of 13522
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mylifeasbenjamin Click here to enlarge
    3 mechanics and $700 later and it’s fixed. How hard is it to find a destroyed gearbox mount?
    Actually, you'd be surprised. I was busting front engine mounts like nobody's business in the Corsa and even bent a Vibra Technics RHS mount. It turned out all because of the rear engine mount. Mind you, it cost me nearly $500 for a custom rear mount, but it's been worth it so far.
    2001 Opel Corsa C SRi: Z20LET EDS stage 3.5 173.9kW @ the wheels Build thread and here on FB: http://www.facebook.com/corsasriz20let
    2018 Ford Transit 290S: Transit #2, in that order and it's also a POS
    1998 Opel Combo B: It has begun, and it's stalled - Build thread and FB page
    2009 Holden Commodore VE SS: Gen IV LS power for the inner bogan

OpelAus Forum Regular mylifeasbenjamin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by chris_r Click here to enlarge
    Actually, you'd be surprised. I was busting front engine mounts like nobody's business in the Corsa and even bent a Vibra Technics RHS mount. It turned out all because of the rear engine mount. Mind you, it cost me nearly $500 for a custom rear mount, but it's been worth it so far.
    This was in 4 bits and you could push the engine around I hope this fixes it for a while. It’s standard in every way - I think driving it over a centre reservation did it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dutchy Click here to enlarge
    Car also came op in the system for the Takata airbag recall so I just have to wait for further instructions from Holden.
    Click here to enlarge
    Interesting. I think my car is on that list from what was published in the media when it was revealed Holden were victims too. What's the most efficient procedure here if you're a second hand owner with no dealer contact and no chance of one contacting you directly since no dealers have any sales record of the current owner?

OpelAus Forum Regular mylifeasbenjamin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Legoman Click here to enlarge
    Interesting. I think my car is on that list from what was published in the media when it was revealed Holden were victims too. What's the most efficient procedure here if you're a second hand owner with no dealer contact and no chance of one contacting you directly since no dealers have any sales record of the current owner?
    Probably call your local Holden/HSV dealer and ask them to check your VIN for existing recalls

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Yeah agree. You can also call Holden Customer Care on 1800 46465336 with your detail as they are the ones sending you the letter. Alternatively go to the holden website http://www.holden.com.au/forms/chang...s-or-ownership to register yourself as a new owner but I'd call them first.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
    New, Peugeot 308 GTi 270 MY18 Pearlescent White.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...554#post821554

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dutchy Click here to enlarge
    Yeah agree. You can also call Holden Customer Care on 1800 46465336 with your detail as they are the ones sending you the letter. Alternatively go to the holden website http://www.holden.com.au/forms/chang...s-or-ownership to register yourself as a new owner but I'd call them first.

Thanks for that. I called them. Got straight through. They updated my details in their system but asked me to do the online form as well. They also confirmed that my car (MY06.5 Astra Sri Turbo) is on the recall. They will contact when the parts are available to do the recall. No timeframe given.
    Take care,
    Haroon

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by arharoon Click here to enlarge
    No timeframe given.
    I was told 6-7 weeks, but that was probably just a random number made up on the spot to get rid of me.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn’t really press them on it. The way I understand it is that the ones in our cars is not the dangerous variant which has been killing people so I’m not too fussed if it takes a few months.
    Take care,
    Haroon

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by arharoon Click here to enlarge
    I didn’t really press them on it. The way I understand it is that the ones in our cars is not the dangerous variant which has been killing people so I’m not too fussed if it takes a few months.
    That seems correct, not the dangerous variant but still to be compulsory recalled as i understood as well.

New, Peugeot 308 GTi 270 MY18 Pearlescent White.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...554#post821554

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This article might have something to do with the decidedly less than enthusiastic response I got from my local dealer staff when I called to inquire about the Takata issue.

Thread Information