Page 1342 of 1353 FirstFirst ... 3428421242129213321338133913401341134213431344134513461352 ... LastLast
Results 13,411 to 13,420 of 13522
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ive still got my Tiguan in Oz and its never had an issue in 10 years..It has also only done 37,000kms as it was only used for 18 months before I left and came to HKG. It now gets driven every Xmas holidays Click here to enlarge
    Epsilon Renntech
    2003 Astra SRi-T - The Phantom
    EMTRON ECU
    Borg Warner EFR7163 & EFR9180
    Tuned by Scott @ Insight Motorsports

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mondo Click here to enlarge
    I bought a Volvo S60R last year with an engine i am intimately familiar having had 2 previously in my XR5's, yet when i took that for it's first service it cost me $6k in repairs.
    Yikes! I would have sh!t!

I knew a guy who worked in VW customer care at the time that was all going on. interesting times for him.
    A refrigeration mechanic mate had one too. Think it was one of the little 1.3litre diesel things with both (belt driven) supercharger+turbocharging with the DSG. He had so many problems with it, when the trauma was finally over he worked out it actually spent more total time in the possession of John Hughes than it did him during his period of ownership. Eventually John Hughes gave up and imported an entire new complete powertrain assembly from Germany (motor+gearbox+DME), installed it and then bought the fixed car back off him because it was obvious he wouldn't even be able to give it away because it had such a bad reputation amongst his social circle at that point.

My experience was no where near that bad, but it was bad enough that I steer clear of all VAG cars now.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by gman Click here to enlarge
    Ive still got my Tiguan in Oz and its never had an issue in 10 years..It has also only done 37,000kms as it was only used for 18 months before I left and came to HKG. It now gets driven every Xmas holidays Click here to enlarge
    How does that joke go? Oh yeah... Tiguan, the car named with a portmanteau of 'Tiger' meaning strong and 'Guano' because it's sh!t.

Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Legoman Click here to enlarge
    How does that joke go? Oh yeah... Tiguan, the car named with a portmanteau of 'Tiger' meaning strong and 'Guano' because it's sh!t.
    Hahaha, nice..

You do seem pretty scarred by your VAG experiences..
    Epsilon Renntech
    2003 Astra SRi-T - The Phantom
    EMTRON ECU
    Borg Warner EFR7163 & EFR9180
    Tuned by Scott @ Insight Motorsports

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quick rinsed/washed the Astra. The quartz treatment is still working wonders, water just running off the car

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
    New, Peugeot 308 GTi 270 MY18 Pearlescent White.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...554#post821554

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm just marking time till i can afford a Singer Porsche... Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Legoman Click here to enlarge
    Do yourself a favour and learn from my painful VW experience. Don't make the same mistake I did. Put a reminder in your calendar now.

"Sell the VW before warranty expires"

A VW, any modern VW out of warranty is a liability you really don't want.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by gman Click here to enlarge

10 years for my GTI also. 149k on the clock now.

Can't say it hasn't had any issues, but they were mostly under warranty.

In the past 6 years, I've only had to replace the PCV valve. Not perfect but not bad for a 10 year old car.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    MY07 Golf GTI DSG
    Volvo XC60 T6
    Ex- 2003 Astra SRI Turbo

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Bought a dark blue, prancing moose, c70, convertible for my brother. Not a bad looking car.

Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well, I've only owned one VW and it was a T4 Transporter with the 2.0L AAC petrol engine. Thirsty as feck, leaked oil and water, had 360,000kms on the clock and it was practically invincible. Not to mention, still better to drive than any Hiace for that matter. If any brand is one that I avoid in regards to getting a lemon, it's Hyundai with their iTurd van. I'm not going to get into it, as most of you are probably sick of my bitching about it by now and anyone that thinks they're great probably hasn't put too many kms on one.

Having said that, someone collected the rear quarter of my Transit the other day. I'm willing to bet that when it goes in for repairs, the insurance company will hire me a van and it will be that one van I dread too or a Renault Master, which is equally shit if it's auto.
    2001 Opel Corsa C SRi: Z20LET EDS stage 3.5 173.9kW @ the wheels Build thread and here on FB: http://www.facebook.com/corsasriz20let
    2018 Ford Transit 290S: Transit #2, in that order and it's also a POS
    1998 Opel Combo B: It has begun, and it's stalled - Build thread and FB page
    2009 Holden Commodore VE SS: Gen IV LS power for the inner bogan

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by chris_r Click here to enlarge
    Well, I've only owned one VW and it was a T4 Transporter with the 2.0L AAC petrol engine. Thirsty as feck, leaked oil and water, had 360,000kms on the clock and it was practically invincible. Not to mention, still better to drive than any Hiace for that matter. If any brand is one that I avoid in regards to getting a lemon, it's Hyundai with their iTurd van. I'm not going to get into it, as most of you are probably sick of my bitching about it by now and anyone that thinks they're great probably hasn't put too many kms on one.

Having said that, someone collected the rear quarter of my Transit the other day. I'm willing to bet that when it goes in for repairs, the insurance company will hire me a van and it will be that one van I dread too or a Renault Master, which is equally shit if it's auto.
    Chris, you crack me uo when you talk about your beloved iTurd I'm just waiting for it. You kind of made me laygh in an otherwise shi:;y day (but more on that later.....)

Thread Information