Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Heat shield on rear bar for exhaust??

After a few days of a faint smell of something burning, ive noticed that i think it is my exhaust tip melting my rear bar a bit Click here to enlarge its not really noticeable, but i wanna stop it form melting any more!

is there some sort of material i can buy to attach to the underside of my rear bar (after tidying up all the melted ripples i can see) to stop it from getting any worse?

ill put some pics up when i get home so u get a bit of an idea and maybe make it easier to think of some alternatives
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!
    Sure, we dont have to worry about viking raids or scurvy anymore, but instead we make a daily routine of sitting in flimsy, fibreglass (or metal) boxes full of gasoline which are propelled in opposing directions on the freeway at velocities matching that of low flying aircraft.

This is a roundabout way of saying that cars are dangerous....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Adam, I've got some sheets which have thin metal outer and flexible, adhesive backing. It's what they use for sticking to the firewall in hot areas of the engine bay.
    Got a whole box of sheets, so I could spare a couple Click here to enlarge

Edit:
    Click here to enlarge

Just cut to the size you need and stick it on.
    Last edited by daiflu; 4th July 2009 at 01:34 PM.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    oh mate that would be awesome!! wanna let us know when ur free and i can come pick them up from you?? u have my number yeah?

thanks again!
    Sure, we dont have to worry about viking raids or scurvy anymore, but instead we make a daily routine of sitting in flimsy, fibreglass (or metal) boxes full of gasoline which are propelled in opposing directions on the freeway at velocities matching that of low flying aircraft.

This is a roundabout way of saying that cars are dangerous....

Thread Information