Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which Holden Dealer in South east has Tech 2?

Hi All,

I work in Dandenong in Vic. I'm curious to know A which dealer has Tech 2 and second do they upgrade the cars ECU if you request it?
    I get this little annoying thing with the car that it sort of lerges when in first doesn't happen all the time just some times. Its almost like a lag in power for a split second.
    I'm sure I read somewhere that an update was released and fixed the problem.
    I don't want Holden to fault find...fak paying $1000 for that to happen. I just want the ecu updated.
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ROCCO Click here to enlarge
    I'm curious to know A which dealer has Tech 2 and second do they upgrade the cars ECU if you request it?
    1. All Holden dealers have Tech 2
    2. They probably will if you pay them for the time it takes

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Holden might do it for a cost, a big one too! Before I got my self a OP-COM (mini tech2), the InSP was showing up every time I turn the key, so I rang up West point autos (Holden) and I want they reset the service reminder, I asked the price over the phone and the reply was: I can't give you a set price and it depand how long it takes to reset, its round about $160/ hour for the tech 2 service. OMFG!!!!! If you really want Holden to do it, go ahead mate.
    Old - Holden/Opel Astra G Vert
    Old - Audi A4 B5 1.8T Quattro
    New - VW Golf MkV GTI

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ROCCO Click here to enlarge
    Hi All,

I work in Dandenong in Vic. I'm curious to know A which dealer has Tech 2 and second do they upgrade the cars ECU if you request it?
    I get this little annoying thing with the car that it sort of lerges when in first doesn't happen all the time just some times. Its almost like a lag in power for a split second.
    I'm sure I read somewhere that an update was released and fixed the problem.
    I don't want Holden to fault find...fak paying $1000 for that to happen. I just want the ecu updated.
    Hey ROCCO! From memory, most dealers *should* update the program in your ECU at no extra cost, every time you service with them, whenever a new one comes along. Or only while they are trying to fix some engine-related issues at the same time eg. bad coil packs. But whether they actually do do that (and whether you actually want to have your car serviced with them), is another question altogether!

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Astra_G Click here to enlarge
    Holden might do it for a cost, a big one too! Before I got my self a OP-COM (mini tech2), the InSP was showing up every time I turn the key, so I rang up West point autos (Holden) and I want they reset the service reminder, I asked the price over the phone and the reply was: I can't give you a set price and it depand how long it takes to reset, its round about $160/ hour for the tech 2 service. OMFG!!!!! If you really want Holden to do it, go ahead mate.
    Astra_G: Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but the "InSP" service reminder light can be reset for free by yourself, simply by holding the trip meter reset button while starting the engine. I just did it with mine...

Sorry people I can't be of more help... :|
    2001 Star Silver Corsa C
    2003 Star Silver Astra G OPC - gone to a good home
    2004 White Grandis Luxury
    2005 Platinum 380 LX dual fuel

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by J Click here to enlarge

Astra_G: Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but the "InSP" service reminder light can be reset for free by yourself, simply by holding the trip meter reset button while starting the engine. I just did it with mine...

Sorry people I can't be of more help... :|
    Thats why I will never go back there again!!
    Old - Holden/Opel Astra G Vert
    Old - Audi A4 B5 1.8T Quattro
    New - VW Golf MkV GTI

Thread Information