Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    OpelAus Enthusiast sadavidsriturbo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn service department

Hello peeps long time no type.
    I have not had much luck with my car again after spending 3 long months in repair (old lady in car park smashed into it ) i have had another set back. Well long story short my gear box has s@#$ its self and in true Holden style they have been trying to worm their way out of repairing it putting the damage down to my driving habits.

Now i have taken the obvious steps like customer assistance and then getting a gearbox professional to assess the gearbox and give reason as to why it failed still complaining the matter got escalated to the Holden state business manager only for he to tell me they reviewed my case further only to have the same out come that the part did not malfunction due to a manufacturing fault but as to my driving so the conclusion is it is my fault and they are not liable. But now it gets interesting i at 15,000km noticed a knocking sound every time i engaged the clutch or backed of the accelerator when i accelerated it would take the slack and then make a knock sound then when i backed off the accelerator the same, it kinda felt lke an engine mount. Spare of the moment i bought the car in(no booking so no documentation) for some one to have a look being only a slight knock it was hard to fault and the mechanic said the car was fine so i drove around for a further 13,000km with the knock only getting worse i bought the car back in again for them to check it out this time i booked it in as i thought they would fix it, mechanic drives it he says nothing wrong i say bull shit made the car do the knocking noise ect they say ok it does have a problem i say i think it is engine mounts ??? They look and say engine mounts look fine but we will change them any way bring it in next week so i do and they change a front engine mount. They ring me up and say car is fixed come get it so i do, as soon as i get in put it into 1st go to take off clunk 1st thing that happened, call them up it is still doing it ok bring it back in and we will change the rear engine mount. Ok bring it back in a week later earliest they could fit me in apparently they change the rear one, again phone call your car is ready come get it so i get in take off clunk again i ring up i thought you said the car was fixed, it is i say na it is still doing it did you even road test it guy says of course we did (like im an idiot) i say well if you did you must be retarded as you cant drive the car without it knocking let along it go unnoticed . ok they said bring it back in and we shall fix it so i do i leave it there for half a day for them to ring and ask me if i could put my car back to standard as they are having trouble finding the source of this knock ok my car has wheels 20x8 eibach springs whiteline sway bar and a 3 inch zorst i say no way how hopeless are you guys i am taking it to another dealer. So i book it in for the next day, as i am going to the dealer my gearbox goes kaput. They have established that my driving caused it but i feel that their stupidity caused it to totally malfunction as the gearbox is beyond repair and i have to now get a brand new one $7500.00 fitted i want to take them to court or something, do i have a case??? i feel that because of 1 the mechanics not doing there job properly 2 the long intervals between the visits for repairs and 3 them not telling me that i should not drive the car as they do not know what the problem is has caused it to become a major problem i am willing to cover some of the cost but not the whole lot as it is bull shit any thoughts would be greatly appreciated
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!
    Click here to enlarge

Sold finally........

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My old man had his gearbox replaced under warranty on his AH Turbo. Different issue as it was whining and it also had 100,000km on it. But they did replace it, so I'd keep on them. ALthough having your mods will make it more difficult for you unfortunately.
    Click here to enlarge
    VAULT
    vaultid.com

Mr D1 Reverse drift spec

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MatsHolden Click here to enlarge
    My old man had his gearbox replaced under warranty on his AH Turbo. Different issue as it was whining and it also had 100,000km on it. But they did replace it, so I'd keep on them. ALthough having your mods will make it more difficult for you unfortunately.

I know like i said to them guys come in with there commodores same if not more mods and because they know commodores inside and out it is easy for them to diagnose a problem my car comes in and they are all baffled so i get the run around and its my fault i am seeking legal advice on Tuesday but i feel that its not going to get me anywhere as they are probably going to use the mods as a loop hole and say thats why they could not pin point the problem as the parts are not genuine holden and where not fitted by a holden dealer so that noise could have been anything as they already said that to me
    Click here to enlarge

Sold finally........

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    try the department of fair trading too man they are usually pretty good to deal with, sometimes takes a little while to sort out but they arent too bad
    Sure, we dont have to worry about viking raids or scurvy anymore, but instead we make a daily routine of sitting in flimsy, fibreglass (or metal) boxes full of gasoline which are propelled in opposing directions on the freeway at velocities matching that of low flying aircraft.

This is a roundabout way of saying that cars are dangerous....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does 15000km service have box fluid change? Get your fluids checked independently maybe wrong causing friction and now melted your box?
    They will prob try to ping ya for your exhaust but that will be absolute bs cause those boxes are rated much higher than an exhaust could free up..

I say you have a case if your under warranty
    -=Astra 2006=-
    Opelized - XHP 18" Chromes - Bolle Tints - Chrome Highlights - BeeSting Aerial - Piano Black Dash - Sunroof
    Full Leather Interior with Blue Stitching and Opel Logos - OPC Style Steering Wheel

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by hazrd Click here to enlarge
    try the department of fair trading too man they are usually pretty good to deal with, sometimes takes a little while to sort out but they arent too bad
    Thanks i have just written a strong complaint i will send it off on tuesday

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Manda88 Click here to enlarge
    Does 15000km service have box fluid change? Get your fluids checked independently maybe wrong causing friction and now melted your box?
    They will prob try to ping ya for your exhaust but that will be absolute bs cause those boxes are rated much higher than an exhaust could free up..

I say you have a case if your under warranty
    I wont be covered due to the mods and the wear but my issue is the run around that i got thus causing it to get out of hand from a simple new spider gears (could have upgraded myself with an lsd) and only cost around $2k which i would be glad to pay for to now a whole new gearbox $7500k
    Click here to enlarge

Sold finally........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I could be wrong, but my understanding of warranty means that if anything breaks or is faulty it is covered by warranty. If it is broken or faulty due to modification then you're out of luck.

I thought warranty was void if the mod was in direct contact with the fault eg 20" rims voids suspension claims.
    If you have applied mods to your engine so you are producing more power and the gearbox can't handle it.

I don't see hows wheels would cause your gearbox to go. I say seek all the advice you can and see what options you have.

Maybe even go to another service dept and get their opinion on what you have been thru.

As I said I could be wrong, but it's another point of view. Good luck mate, this is the reason I didn't buy another Holden.

One of Chuck Norris' sperm found it's way into the gas tank of an 18 wheeler. We now know this truck as Optimus Prime!

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DEE-80Y Click here to enlarge
    As I said I could be wrong, but it's another point of view. Good luck mate, this is the reason I didn't buy another Holden.

and they wonder why they are going down the gurgler Click here to enlarge

best of luck mate, let us know how u go
    Sure, we dont have to worry about viking raids or scurvy anymore, but instead we make a daily routine of sitting in flimsy, fibreglass (or metal) boxes full of gasoline which are propelled in opposing directions on the freeway at velocities matching that of low flying aircraft.

This is a roundabout way of saying that cars are dangerous....

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by hazrd Click here to enlarge
    and they wonder why they are going down the gurgler Click here to enlarge

best of luck mate, let us know how u go
    FFS... any manufacturer will try that on if the car in question has been modified and if that modification may affect the component in question.

Then again... are you sure that the initial accident didn't in some way cause this issue?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cant help you with holden mate, but im sure there are gearboxes on ebay for around 1k from wreckers.
    dunno if the turbo boxes are the same though mate
    http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Holden-Astra-...3A1%7C294%3A50
    Click here to enlarge

Thread Information