Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: gday from Paris

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by effisk
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dug74
    Opposite side to the poms Click here to enlarge
    huh. So basically you have a barina with an opel logo on it and the wheel to the left. :?
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dug74
    Originality and Individualism is a good point...i guess its the same reason why germans are putting holden badges and lions on there OPELS
    Yes, I understand the originality and individualism thing. I'd love to own a SS ute, it'd be pretty cool down here. But what stops me, beside the hassle of having to bring the car over by ship, is the spare parts. Are the parts of a european corsa the same as those used on a barina ? if no, how expensive is it to get them shipped ?
    Hey welcome Francois,

probably need to understand the astra is one the highest selling cars in oz, corsas are all so up there. so the cars are not low volume imports, u cant drive 5km without seeing 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 ... the cars are main stay of oz driving culture, someone either owns one or know of someone who owns one. so parts are all taken care of.

Holden basically swaps the opel badges for theirs, we just swap the badges back to the way they were

as for the ss ute, u should check out the new models theyre much better

I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi gaero

thanks for your explanations. I still have a couple of question. I'm very curious :wink:
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by gaero
    probably need to understand the astra is one the highest selling cars in oz, corsas are all so up there. so the cars are not low volume imports, u cant drive 5km without seeing 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 ... the cars are main stay of oz driving culture, someone either owns one or know of someone who owns one. so parts are all taken care of.
    I drove more than 30.000km. I honestly never saw one. I saw astras and barinas, all of them with the holden logo, but never with the opel logo. I admit it wasn't really what I was focusing on when driving though.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by gaero
    Holden basically swaps the opel badges for theirs, we just swap the badges back to the way they were
    Hu, this is getting me confused. Are you just swapping badges or importing the cars?
    I thought the regular Holden (Holden Astra, Barina, Commodore, etc.) cars were manufactured in Australia?

What I understand from what you say is that you ask Holden to import cars that are manufactured in Europe (I guess British cars as they are the only one with the wheel on the right), and the only difference with australian-made Holdens is the badge. This sounds bizarre, I guess I'm wrong... :?

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    welcome Click here to enlarge

holden imports Astra's, Corsa's (they are called Barina's here), Vectra's, Calibra's and Zafira's and puts holden badges on all of them.
    not very many people rebadge them back to opel because alot of people either dont know or care.

as for commodores like the SS's they are made in australia and are 'true' aussie holdens...

Anonymous
    we we my new buddy from paris

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by euro_stylin

holden imports Astra's, Corsa's (they are called Barina's here), Vectra's, Calibra's and Zafira's and puts holden badges on all of them.
    not very many people rebadge them back to opel because alot of people either dont know or care.

as for commodores like the SS's they are made in australia and are 'true' aussie holdens...
    Ok, thanks for clarifying this. I thought they were all made in Oz. That's interesting. Do you get Holden to rebadge them for you on demand?

this is completely off topic but there seem to be some interesting links on the side (:: User Stats :: ), I clicked on one 'nominate this post' at random to see what happens (not much happened really), but the 'Fight this user!' looks very tempting :P . Are there any instructions on how this works anywhere on the forum ?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    welcome Click here to enlarge it is my doing on the JJJ site that you have come here... hi, Im donna Click here to enlarge

Ok, thanks for clarifying this. I thought they were all made in Oz. That's interesting. Do you get Holden to rebadge them for you on demand?
    nah holden imports the european built Opel's and badges them as Holdens. we buy these holdens and buy the opel badges off ebay or someone we know over in europe that can get us a good price Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

[ OOD33 ] <3's [ 57U-OO ]

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by effisk
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by euro_stylin

this is completely off topic but there seem to be some interesting links on the side (:: User Stats :: ), I clicked on one 'nominate this post' at random to see what happens (not much happened really), but the 'Fight this user!' looks very tempting :P . Are there any instructions on how this works anywhere on the forum ?
    no holden dont rebadge them opel for you...you have to buy the badges and do it yourself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 11-SXI
    welcome Click here to enlarge it is my doing on the JJJ site that you have come here... hi, Im donna Click here to enlarge

nah holden imports the european built Opel's and badges them as Holdens. we buy these holdens and buy the opel badges off ebay or someone we know over in europe that can get us a good price Click here to enlarge
    Thank you all for explaining all this.

Thread Information