2 Thread(s)
    announcment up on HSV site

http://www.hsv.com.au/news/news.asp?ID=1040

Holden Special Vehicles confirms launch of E Series 2

- Major multi-million upgrade to HSV range

- A number of Australian auto technology production ‘firsts’

- Major improvements in fuel economy

- Unveil before Bathurst

HSV confirmed today the highly successful E Series range will be given a major upgrade with new features, driver enhancements and visual changes for introduction later in 2009.

According to Managing Director Phil Harding, the multi-million dollar program includes major visual differentiation and introduces at least five firsts for Australian production cars – a huge shot in the arm for the local industry.

“We know our customers want the latest technologies, as well as distinctive luxury and performance features in their HSV,” he said.

“Our customers will be delighted with the delivery of improved economy, more power, some truly exciting driver enhancements and distinctive design themes.”

HSV will start a staged preview campaign aimed at generating customer interest and demand in the new model. Dealers, frequent buyers and loyal customers will be supplied this information ahead of general release because of the importance of this new model to HSV.

The HSV Dealer network has been briefed on the changes, and they are actively speaking with past, present and future customers about the exciting new models.

“This represents a massive change for the successful E Series range and is the culmination of three years of research and development,” Phil Harding said.

More details will be released when E Series 2 is launched.
    2013 Ford Focus ST
    Calibra - The only car that will institutionalise you and send you broke in the mean time

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by xplosv57 Click here to enlarge
    Look i wouldn't worry about it too much, you didn't reveal anything majorly significant, and if you are nervous, maybe admin can edit the quoted posts!!

But zip it next time, we want you to keep your job cos it sounds cool!! Click here to enlarge
    That's true nothing to worry about as nothing's been given away...

But as said, having signed documents which will literally castrate you financially if you reveal anything, anyone else in the same boat would be nervous too Click here to enlarge

I'm just wrapped to have had the opportunity twice to be involved in seeing future models and been able to make comments, have discussions and give feedback on all things concerned with the future models, it was a privelage Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by poita Click here to enlarge
    Also 6 new features that have never been seen before in an Aussie built car.
    Is one of them quality?

Click here to enlarge
    2006 Subaru WRX

I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It just seems all the Media stories are saying that Holden is releasing a VF Commodore in September but the new HSV'S will be E2. Either HSV do not want to be called F Series(think Ford trucks) or Holden will not be called VF and will be a VE Series II and only have drive line updates and not the mild exterior updates as the media is reporting.

Just my thoughts as Holden & HSV have always had the SAME model identities.So either the media is wrong or Holden and HSV have decided on different tactics this time round.

Click this link to see one of the many articles suggesting this: http://www.carsguide.com.au/site/new...focus_on_fuel/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would go by the quote you posted from the guy that works at GM

OpelAus Forum Addict Red AH SRI T's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The car coming in Septermber is VE10, or VE MY10, it IS NOT the VF. It also IS NOT VE series II.

Holden have announced they will no longer do the series II thing.

The commodore range is now like the astra and every 6-12 months it changed Model Year.

There has been VE 7, 8, 8.5, 9 and Currently 9.5 all with slight changes that most people wouldn't know about. VE10 is just another one of these model years but the big news about this new model year is the introduction of new drivetrains. There will be no exterior or interior changes, apart from a few new colours.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i too would like this improved.

off topic..dont you just love this bullshit holden campain
    "holden owners grant"

its hilarious.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mizled_SRi-T Click here to enlarge
    Is one of them quality?

Click here to enlarge
    Make me a sandwich.

Thread Information