0 Thread(s)
    might as well tune in and have a look
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, I'll be watching Click here to enlarge

I'm probably one of the few who actually likes it better than watching those 3 pommy stooges, regardless of the presenters at least the Aust. version has got more to do with cars and less with all that other nonsense, although given time it'll probably go down the same track Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The previous Aussie version was close to cringe material

Hopefully improvements will start to happen (ala comfortable presenters/better stories)
    2006 Subaru WRX

Carseldine, Brisbane - Ex Cape Town, South Africa
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wraith Click here to enlarge
    Yep, I'll be watching Click here to enlarge

I'm probably one of the few who actually likes it better than watching those 3 pommy stooges, regardless of the presenters at least the Aust. version has got more to do with cars and less with all that other nonsense, although given time it'll probably go down the same track Click here to enlarge
    what?

you prefer three morons that have the presenting presence of a brick? they just always appeared uncomfortable infront of the camera and around each other.

more to do with cars?

astra review - pathetic
    holden vs ford review - no conclusion? how slack

i stopped watching after then, but hadnt heard of anything improving.

down the same track of a concept that works.. and thats a bad thing?

its a lot to live up to, and i dont think they ever can, regardless of who the presenters are. TG australia does not have the facilities, the budget or the resources to compare.

i'll stick to TG UK and 5th Gear with presenters that do actually have a clue.
    www.wolf4x4.com.au

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mizled_SRi-T Click here to enlarge
    The previous Aussie version was close to cringe material

Hopefully improvements will start to happen (ala comfortable presenters/better stories)
    less burnouts more driving...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll watch, I went to be in the audience of one of the last series, that was good fun, although there was a one hour delay from when they said it was supposed to be starting, then another hour after then when we got in...

I thought they were starting to relax in front of the cameras last time, so should be an improvement again. James Morrison has had a bit more time in front of an audience, so he may be a bit less stiff.

I love Top Gear, and love the challenges they do, just makes for some entertainment relating to cars. I'm not too much into the tests of all these ridiculously expensive cars.

When I said to friends that we bought an Astra, they all said "Don't you watch Top Gear?". Anyway, we're happy with the Astra.
    Richard - 2006 AH CDTi Manual Astra - black with black tint and black Advanti Medusa 17" rims (wife's car) - Daughter has a white CDTi Manual too, we're suckers!
    2001 Landcruiser FZJ105 - Petrol guzzler!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by shay Click here to enlarge
    less burnouts more driving...
    +1
    SOLD!! Soon to be Skoda Octavia vRS!
    Rieger Tuning Bodykit; Whiteline Rear Sway Bar; Whiteline Front Brace-Strut; Bilstein Heavyduty Strut Mounts; Koni Sports Shocks; Sports Ryder Performance Springs; DEPO Angel Eyes 5000k Xenons[/B]; Kamei Mesh Sports Grille; Hurricane Muffler; Hella FF50 Foglights; INXX Bonnet Lifters; 17x7.5" StarCorp Gunmetal 6;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe they'll put more than two cameras on the track for the Star in a Bog Standard Car segment's lap...
    '07 Red AH Astra SRi-Turbo - Pretty Much Fully Stock (atm), European Number Plates, Tinted Windows, Debadged boot Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by topgear Click here to enlarge
    Maybe they'll put more than two cameras on the track for the Star in a Bog Standard Car segment's lap...
    and the fast lap...
    although they did the same in the early topgear uk series...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Calibrated Click here to enlarge
    what?

you prefer three morons that have the presenting presence of a brick? they just always appeared uncomfortable infront of the camera and around each other.

more to do with cars?

astra review - pathetic
    holden vs ford review - no conclusion? how slack

i stopped watching after then, but hadnt heard of anything improving.

down the same track of a concept that works.. and thats a bad thing?

its a lot to live up to, and i dont think they ever can, regardless of who the presenters are. TG australia does not have the facilities, the budget or the resources to compare.

i'll stick to TG UK and 5th Gear with presenters that do actually have a clue.
    We're all entitled to our own opinions my friend, we can't all like the same flavour of tea right ??

Conclusionless comparisons of any 2 cars as you put it is far more favourable viewing for me than watching 3 idiots treck across Africa or the Sth. Pole or some lake in junk heaps LOL Click here to enlarge

It works because a great majority of their audience Worldwide 'are not' car enthusiasts, but normal viewers and that's what they find entertaining to watch ! yes it's all about ratings these days Click here to enlarge

It has a lot to live up to ? it can never be as good because of the presenters ? it dosn't have the same budget or resources ? you make it sound like a competitor...it is Top Gear Australia and Top Gear in whatever other Countries they've started it in, it's all a part of the original you love so much, they are the ones who instigated it LOL they are part of the same group or organisation, I'm sure they want it to be just as successful in all other Countries as the original is from Pommyland... Click here to enlarge

One thing I do agree with above is I very much like 5th gear, pity it isn't on free to air viewing...
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Thread Information