Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Maybe HSV are thinking the Insignia VXR with its AWD could compete against the Evo X or the WRX market.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck to them i say.. lol

But i guess it would appeal to the people with hairs on their neck who always wanted a evo/sti but didnt want to be a 'ricer' to there v8 ute driving mates... Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
    -=Astra 2006=-
    Opelized - XHP 18" Chromes - Bolle Tints - Chrome Highlights - BeeSting Aerial - Piano Black Dash - Sunroof
    Full Leather Interior with Blue Stitching and Opel Logos - OPC Style Steering Wheel

Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Post Whore
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I doubt Holden/HSV could make a business case for bringing the car over, but I'm more than happy to eat my words if they do bring it over, and hope to be one of the first in line to get one if I haven't sold my car in the meantime.
    [/SIZE]Current: , 2012 Volvo XC90 3.2
    Ex's: MY13 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI, 2008 Honda CR-V Luxury, MY06 Volvo S40 T5 AWD, MY09 VW Passat R36 Family Truckster MY05 Subaru *sneeze* WRX Click here to enlarge , JSII Vectra CD 2.2, TS Astra CD "Olympic Edition"

OpelAus Enthusiast aussie_in_london's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HSV have shown interest in the Insignia VXR even if Holden dont bring in the lesser sibling. One is expected to make its way over to Aus for review.....

I know someone who was in the VXR at the ring on Wed while it was finishing its trials and his feedback to me was very promising. Its looking more like our little corsa VXR will be ditched in the new year to make way for something more grown up......... Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    HSV selling the Insignia makes sense. Think about it, if Holden goes bust or stops manufacturing Commodores switching to some 4 cylinder wondercrap, where is HSV going to get their large platform cars with their geriatric V8 engines from?
    Renault SPORT Clio RS 200 Cup Trophee

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Hoss Click here to enlarge
    Maybe HSV are thinking the Insignia VXR with its AWD could compete against the Evo X or the WRX market.
    I don't think they will be aiming at the Evo or Sti market. More like the VW R36 Passat market . But hopefully we get them . Would make a nice replacement for the VXR in time
    2007 HSV VXR Arden Blue
    My Other toy is a 2013 Yamaha FX SHO Waverunner!

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dieselhead Click here to enlarge
    where is HSV going to get their large platform cars with their geriatric V8 engines from?
    Umm... I'd suggest they would go out of business. And that series of V8s aren't exactly geriatric. They seem to be able to propel a Corvette towards the horizon faster than Nissan and achieve in their wonder car GTR Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well, they are old tech alright. Displacement won't cut it though as environmental regulations tighten.
    I'd rather have a GTR engine under the bonnet than a 7.0 V8 Click here to enlarge

Seriously now, what do you think would happen with the V8 market (Holden & Ford) if the vanilla Commodore and Falcon get extinct?
    Renault SPORT Clio RS 200 Cup Trophee

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    having been in london, I've seen a couple.

even in the basic format, the car is inheritantly attractive.

Thread Information