Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HSV Insignia still possible(???)

Read on and spend the rest of the day in a good mood . . .
    http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mell...C?OpenDocument

Could change my mind as to my next new car purchase . . .
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!
    Old enough to know better . . . Too old to care!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Holden is now understood to have plans to import the Vectra-replacing Insignia, which would be sold alongside the GM Daewoo-built Epica in its medium car stable....

yea sure and im santa

this news story is more believable
    http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mell...2575A6001F0097

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Holden’s potential Insignia range could comprise up to four petrol and two diesel engines, all of them Euro 5 emissions-rated, ranging between $35,000 and $50,000. They include 100kW and 120kW versions of the 2.0 CDTi turbo-diesel, plus 1.8-litre, 2.0-litre turbo, 2.8-litre V6 and the new 1.6-litre turbo petrol engines

1.6 litre turbo model for this monster..Click here to enlarge woot!! POOWWEEERR!! lol over a 2.8 liters v6 turbo?? why bother Click here to enlarge why not just do the desiel for fuel aware people a v6 turbo for perfomance line, and a v6 with valve selection for luxury lines.. and maybe a plain sri's 2.2 for budget range... makes more sence to me..Click here to enlarge
    -=Astra 2006=-
    Opelized - XHP 18" Chromes - Bolle Tints - Chrome Highlights - BeeSting Aerial - Piano Black Dash - Sunroof
    Full Leather Interior with Blue Stitching and Opel Logos - OPC Style Steering Wheel

Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know anything can happen, but i just don't think this will happen

Brining in a single product line, with no support through Holden themselves (parts/servicing), just doesn't seem viable

How will their mechanics know how to service them? How many stories do you hear about lack of knowledge with the Astra... yet that's their second most popular car

Bringing it in around that price may see it competing with the Passat R36, Liberty GT etc... but against Holden/HSV's own range, i don't think it'll work
    2006 Subaru WRX

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mizled_SRi-T Click here to enlarge
    I know anything can happen, but i just don't think this will happen

Brining in a single product line, with no support through Holden themselves (parts/servicing), just doesn't seem viable

How will their mechanics know how to service them? How many stories do you hear about lack of knowledge with the Astra... yet that's their second most popular car

Bringing it in around that price may see it competing with the Passat R36, Liberty GT etc... but against Holden/HSV's own range, i don't think it'll work

it's holden... the mechanics don't do anything anyway..

its trying to be luxury sport, holden arent luxury ever (even the grange is a dud) i know i'd rather a passat or liberty or even a cheap audi/saab
    -=Astra 2006=-
    Opelized - XHP 18" Chromes - Bolle Tints - Chrome Highlights - BeeSting Aerial - Piano Black Dash - Sunroof
    Full Leather Interior with Blue Stitching and Opel Logos - OPC Style Steering Wheel

Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Forum Hierarchy Nurb608's Avatar
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Can't bag holden too much, after all, that 2.8 turbo is holden designed and built at fishermans bend.
    Track Times: Phillip Island - 1:59.4027, Calder Park - 1:08.8142, Winton 3km - 1:40.7810, Sandown - 1:29.6000, Haunted Hills - 62.55, 1/4 Mile - 13.736

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and the block has potential to be a 4 liter engine Click here to enlarge. 4 liter v6 twin turbo FTW!
    -=Astra 2006=-

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Hoya Click here to enlarge
    Would be so good if it happens for real, sure hope it does
    '07 Red AH Astra SRi-Turbo - Pretty Much Fully Stock (atm), European Number Plates, Tinted Windows, Debadged boot Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by topgear Click here to enlarge
    Would be so good if it happens for real, sure hope it does
    +1

if i know its coming, i'll hold off on buying a new car anytime soon and buy the insignia when it gets released.

then again, plan b always looks appealing.
    SOLD!! Soon to be Skoda Octavia vRS!
    Rieger Tuning Bodykit; Whiteline Rear Sway Bar; Whiteline Front Brace-Strut; Bilstein Heavyduty Strut Mounts; Koni Sports Shocks; Sports Ryder Performance Springs; DEPO Angel Eyes 5000k Xenons[/B]; Kamei Mesh Sports Grille; Hurricane Muffler; Hella FF50 Foglights; INXX Bonnet Lifters; 17x7.5" StarCorp Gunmetal 6;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JR Click here to enlarge
    +1

if i know its coming, i'll hold off on buying a new car anytime soon and buy the insignia when it gets released.

then again, plan b always looks appealing.

Plan B?? what would that be
    -=Astra 2006=-

Click here to enlarge

Thread Information