Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have my doubts on Italian quality if nothing else. After all, the Astra diesel engine is Fiat-sourced, and has been a troublesome thing over the years. Italian cars in general do not have the greatest reputation, even today.

My Astra is the first European car I have owned, and it has impressed me. The SRi is a good blend of sporty and practical, and an excellent compromise. It has a few weaknesses: more expensive to run compared to many, difficult to work on, underdone rear suspension. But by and large the strengths outweigh the weaknesses for me at least.

I am not tied to brands or models, so If I were to replace it tomorrow I'd probably look at the latest Golf. I suspect it has many of the strengths and weaknesses of the Astra, albeit more expensive to buy. But if I'm prepared to pay a few thousand more compared to a Mazda or similar, then the Golf may well suit me as my Astra suits me.

Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I agree..I love the TS Turbo and AH VXR/SRi-T Astra's..

if they stop coming to Oz and Ford doesn't bring the RS Focus then the Golf is really the only Euro Hot Hatch to go for...
    Epsilon Renntech
    2003 Astra SRi-T - The Phantom
    EMTRON ECU
    Borg Warner EFR7163 & EFR9180
    Tuned by Scott @ Insight Motorsports

Thread Information